Return of the Superstar

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Did Don Nelson restore Baron Davis' game to the highest level?

Yes, thank God for Nelly!
72%
Yes, but Nelly had nothing to do with it...
11%
No, Baron can still play better.
17%
No, Baron will never be the same again.
No votes

Total votes : 18

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:49 pm
First off, about the poll...I think Nelson can. He has coached if not the best PG's the NBA has to offer in Hardaway and Nash. Baron should be back to his No. 3 pick form this season.

And as for Baron winning MVP. His shot is just as good as anyone. If he keeps his numbers up and the team continues to win, then he won't win MVP honors. Why? Because there are guys out there named LeBron and Kobe. Baron will be the Elton Brand of that bunch. He will have a great season, but in the end, it won't be as respected because of the ego's Kobe and LeBron have.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:56 pm
I think Baron could become a superstar but he is not at the moment. Hes had a good start to the season and if he can continue at this pace he should be one of the best points in the league but one major part of being a superstar is carrying a team for an entire season and with BD getting injured so often he has not been able to do that.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:00 pm
If he keep this up he might be an all star but its going to hard cuzz of nash C.P, parker but B.D should be right there with them he he keep this up
This is the year
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:04 am
Big B wrote:Does anybody think that Nellie stands by his belligerent idea of naming Dunny the team's 3rd captain???

I'm sure he even regrets having said all those things about Dun's point forwards role improving the whole team...

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:41 am
TMC wrote:
Big B wrote:Does anybody think that Nellie stands by his belligerent idea of naming Dunny the team's 3rd captain???

I'm sure he even regrets having said all those things about Dun's point forwards role improving the whole team...

At the risk of sounding contrarian here, I do believe that making Dunleavy the 3rd captain was a good decision. Dunleavy is a veteran, is apparently respected by his teammates, and with more responsibility may elevate his game.

Big B, we all share your frustration with Dunleavy; however, he is an untradable piece of this team. Nelson is trying to get value out of him.

TMC, if not point forward, then where is Dunleavy going to play? It is his best shot at success.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:46 am
uptempo wrote:TMC, if not point forward, then where is Dunleavy going to play? It is his best shot at success.

Towel boy... we need one now that Cheaney ain't with the team. Not even Dun can f*ck up that (once in a lifetime) chance, can he? :wink:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:40 am
We ALL should be crossin' our fingers that Baron won't be hurt cuz he's playin hella minutes!!!---***030***---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:44 am
zero3zero wrote:We ALL should be crossin' our fingers that Baron won't be hurt cuz he's playin hella minutes!!!---***030***---

Yep, and we don't really have another true pg (and no, McLeod doesn't count)
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:04 pm
TMC wrote:Towel boy... we need one now that Cheaney ain't with the team. Not even Dun can f*ck up that (once in a lifetime) chance, can he? :wink:

You never know, he might try throwing a no-look towel pass to the players and miss.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:01 pm
John Patrick wrote:Fish out of water? Billups is going 18-7 while Hamilton is averaging 22 pts, 3 reb 3 assists and 1 1/2 steals. Still, the Warriors backcourt may be superior to this and definitely superior to SA.

I was thinking the same thing. I think the Warriors backcourt is at least equal to San Antonio and Detroit.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:00 pm
TMC wrote:

Maybe a shot of scotch every night helps him forget :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:02 pm
semaru_baka wrote:
TMC wrote:Towel boy... we need one now that Cheaney ain't with the team. Not even Dun can f*ck up that (once in a lifetime) chance, can he? :wink:

You never know, he might try throwing a no-look towel pass to the players and miss.

Or he might start smacking guys in the arse after their fresh out of the shower - That poof :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball