Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2006-11-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their winning streak to three?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:24 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 16

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:15 pm
ANDRIS BIEDRINS IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE WEST!!!

Because let's be honest, Yao is more of a PF.

Seriously though, he and Monta have the potential to be a Malone Stockton combo for a long time. They are 20 and 21 respectively - that is ridiculous.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:21 pm
Thunder wrote:ANDRIS BIEDRINS IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE WEST!!!

Seriously though, he and Monta have the potential to be a Malone Stockton combo for a long time. They are 20 and 21 respectively - that is ridiculous.

Stockton and Malone?... A little premature don't you think?

and No Yao is not a PF. he is 7'4 Center in this league...

It was shaky at times, too many ticky tack calls, but the Warriors found a way and just went on their run at the right time. Dunleavey was aggressive and kept us in the game at time (Won't hear me say that often) but Baron was clutch....

BTW...What happened to Troy? and Keith Mcloud ... Needs to go!

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:38 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Biedrins is a motherf*ckin' boss. He's the reason why Bosh couldn't dominate on the boards. If Biedrins didn't play, I'm pretty sure Bosh would've had over 30-35 rebounds. He changes the whole game when he's in. It gives the Warriors a chance at 2nd chances and size.

Just like today. The defense showed up today once again. Baron had an off night shooting, but when you have a guy like Biedrins, he can change the whole tempo of the game. He was the main reason Bosh wasn't as dominate as he was when Andris wasn't in. Monta had a great 2nd half too. Him getting in foul trouble early hurt them but when he gets in there, he'll perform. Dunleavy was impressive too. Loved that missed jam. Woohoo, yeah Mike! :mrgreen:

5-3 baby. Let's keep it up.

i fckin agree playa, biedrins was better than a kiralenko for the jazz , its insane how good he is and how he changes the game so much, and only 20 years old shooting like 78% from the field?? this foo is a pimp... and how about him making 3 free throws in a row after missing 3! this guy is a balla. so is monta blaze.. big dre and monta blaze.. chris mullin is a fckin genious! not to mention the beast and p.o.b... mully knows talent baby!!
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:56 pm
Just back from the game. My first one in years. Glad it was a win!

A few observations:

The game was sloppy as hell. The Warriors looked real bad in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. The Raptors had so many wide open 3's it was insane. The only reason the Warriors went on that run in the 4th was because the Raps finally started missing open shots.

Biedrins is the man. He kept them in the game in the 3rd and start of the 4th. He had like 3 huge offensive boards in a row. Without those, the momentum may never have shifted the warriors way. The kid is a beast. I can't believe how young he is. He and Monta will be a force. They must be locked up long-term after or during this season.

Baron is looking pretty damn good this season. Since he's not running the point so much, he kind of hangs around the free throw line a lot now and waits for someone to feed him the ball, where he'll usually post up whomever is guarding him (Bosh even, at times tonight) and he'll either drive, pull-up for a turnaround, or dish it off. He seems to be at his best when he's in that situation. What I don't like from him as much is when he's at the top of the key, dribbles it a whole lot, and either pulls up for an outside jumper, or decides to drive to the rim (where he seems to convert a decent amount of his shots). It's just that when he's in that mode, the ball is not moving around the court very well, and when he pulls up nobody ever seems to be in position for a rebound. Overall, though, I'm really impressed with Baron, and I think he's looking the best he ever has with the Warriors. That block he had tonight was ridiculous.

Dunleavy put up good numbers, and I guess I should be more impressed, but for some reason I'm just not. He still misses a lot of open jumpers, free throws, and one time when he did decide to take it to the hole tonight, he was so surprised when he got there unscathed, the his dunk got rejected by the rim. I guess he was making some open shots, and with 20 points he couldn't have been that awful.

This was a game that the Warriors probably would have lost last year. But they stuck around till the end, and picked a good time to make their move. Overall, a very neccessary and important win for the young season of this team. After this kind of a win, I might just have a little more faith in this team, as they're not even fully healthy yet. Jrich is not nearly back to full strength. This homestand is vital, and they're off on the right foot. Can't wait to see how they bring it in the queens game.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:46 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:Dunleavy put up good numbers, and I guess I should be more impressed, but for some reason I'm just not. He still misses a lot of open jumpers, free throws, and one time when he did decide to take it to the hole tonight, he was so surprised when he got there unscathed, the his dunk got rejected by the rim. I guess he was making some open shots, and with 20 points he couldn't have been that awful.

This was a game that the Warriors probably would have lost last year. But they stuck around till the end, and picked a good time to make their move. Overall, a very neccessary and important win for the young season of this team. After this kind of a win, I might just have a little more faith in this team, as they're not even fully healthy yet. Jrich is not nearly back to full strength. This homestand is vital, and they're off on the right foot. Can't wait to see how they bring it in the queens game.

good recap - I know what you mean about dung - watched the 2nd half, and that was about as unimpressive a 20 point display I have seen, and the missed dunk was almost painful...you are right, this is a game the Ws lose last year...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:41 am
Thunder wrote:ANDRIS BIEDRINS IS THE BEST CENTER IN THE WEST!!!

What?. You lost me with the second sentence...

But it's true that Biedrins is playing great (and, xBayAreaWarriorx, if you don't find a 23 points, 22 boards game one that Bosh dominated, I'm scared of what he can do when he really dominates a game... Those are more or less the numbers I expected). Without him, we wouldn't be where we are, Baron and all... He's making a huge difference comparing this team with last year's.

I can't wait till J-Rich and Ike are fully recovered... then we'll see what kind of team we can be. It looks promising so far... and if we can keep the young guys, we have the foundation of a very good team for many years.

btw, this game shows the influence Murphy has on games... none at all.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:49 am
I was at the game too, and while Dun had some mistakes and misses, he also had some great plays, a few beautiful assists, timely rebounds and crunch time shots. He deserves the props Nelly gave him after the game. My favorite block by Andris was when theit rookie, the number one pick in the draft (Bargnini?) banged andris down low under the basket and it looked like he was going to dunk it on him but Andris just went straight up and denied.
That was a dangerous game though - we seemed to go on cruise control during almost the entire first half - good to know Nelly can kick this team in the ass at halftime and put them back on track.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:50 am
Hey TMC, Ike wasn't playing either - so by your logic, both Troy and Ike are useless?
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:08 am
sleepyfloyd wrote:Hey TMC, Ike wasn't playing either - so by your logic, both Troy and Ike are useless?

Ike hasn't been given the same chance Murph has... When he plays the same minutes, and if he performs like Murphy, I'll say so.

But that won't happen. Ike can outplay Murphy on one leg.

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:54 am
someone tell nellie to sub players out when they're in foul trouble! i wish o'bryant would have got some PT but other than that, monta, andris and MP are playing well, and baron is playing under A LOT more control

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:01 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:
TMC wrote:
zshook wrote:Bosh hd a smooth touch and can score inside and out, but if be put AB on him and let Murph guard Rasho, we should to control Bosh from killing us. AB can match Boshs energy and the rest of the Ws outmatch the Raptors,
so Ws by 8

Yeah, but Bosh is starting to get star calls by the refs. Put Biedrins on him and he can foul out in one quarter...

I agree with TMC. Bosh may play a little bit to much perimeter fro Biedrins and would definitely get him in early foul trouble with his drives to the basket. Murphy? forget about? If I were Nelly I would go small ball right a way because they are not a great rebounding team other than Bosh. I would go Biedrins, Davis, Ellis, JRich, and probably Pietrus. If not Pietrus, Barnes.

I would play Pietrus on Bosh similar to the way we played Pietrus on Novitzki. Then I would run Barnes in at Bosh. Also, Our smaller guys would require Bosh play away from the basket on defense so he can't clog the lane and block a lot of shots. We need to keep Bosh out of the lane on both ends of the court.

I should spell Biedrins at center with Murphy. Murph will again draw the big men away from the basket. We can win this game on guard play. They do not have the guard to match up with ours. Do anyone?

Alright guys, give me my props. I mentioned hear that Nelly should start Pietrus on Bosh and go small. It worked, but I did not know that Murphy was injured. The Warriors speed wore down the Raptors. Bosh was gassed down the stretch, but boy, what a player.

Baron Davis hustle and determination is off the charts. Biedrins is beyond description. His length, speed and knowledge of the game and of his limitations are uncanny for such a young guy. Also, I don't know if you guys have noticed this but, Biedrins does not get pushed around anymore. He is not that little skinny kid that gets sand kicked in face at the beach, anymore.

Mike D. had 22 points and I'm happy for him. However, if he could shoot better he could have had 40. No one even bother to guard this guy any more.

Also, you guys have not talked enough about Pietrus. His all around game is what amkes the Warriors such a versatile team. He actual;ly can play more positions on the court than anyone on the team. he also can guard anyone from a point guard to a power forward. he is the biggest key to the Warriors defense.

Lastly, JRich should shut it down until he is completely healthy. It's painful to watch this high flyer struggle to jump off of one leg. I appreciate him to much to watch him play in pain.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:27 am
We still only played 3 good/decent quarters against the Raps, arguably the worst team in the league. HOW CAN ANYONE REALLY THINKS DRE DOG IS BETTER THAN AK47 ??? That's absurd...Yes he played his ass off yesterday, mostly matched against CB but c'mon fans...he's not there yet and most likely won't be the complete game changer AK47 is. I still give him 2 years ( counting this season ) to really make a difference, but by that time we'll be seeing the whole hack-a-beans show. It's a little sad 2 see J23 play 60-75% but he's managing it. BTW DRE/IKE - W's 4 Life ---***030***---

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:34 am
zero3zero wrote:We still only played 3 good/decent quarters against the Raps, arguably the worst team in the league. HOW CAN ANYONE REALLY THINKS DRE DOG IS BETTER THAN AK47 ??? That's absurd...Yes he played his ass off yesterday, mostly matched against CB but c'mon fans...he's not there yet and most likely won't be the complete game changer AK47 is. I still give him 2 years ( counting this season ) to really make a difference, but by that time we'll be seeing the whole hack-a-beans show. It's a little sad 2 see J23 play 60-75% but he's managing it. BTW DRE/IKE - W's 4 Life ---***030***---

It's hard keeping up with your acronyms, zero, but i'm think I got the gist what you are talking about.
Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:11 am
hey, anyone else feeling wierd about getting fired up about warrior defense? with biedrins changing/blocking so many shots and the smaller guys swarming folks and creating steals i'm not cringing every time we're back on d anymore. biedrins has seriously changed the warriors game. man i hope we keep the kid. we're 7th in league for steals and 10th for blocks right now (if i read the nba stats right).

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:16 am
Can't get fired up yet. We've been " alright " in that department. Clearin the defensive boards is a concern for me + we seem to get crushed by 2nd chance points. ---030---
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads