Game Thread: Toronto Raptors @ Warriors 2006-11-14

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors extend their winning streak to three?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:24 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 16

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:09 pm
zshook wrote:Bosh hd a smooth touch and can score inside and out, but if be put AB on him and let Murph guard Rasho, we should to control Bosh from killing us. AB can match Boshs energy and the rest of the Ws outmatch the Raptors,
so Ws by 8

Yeah, but Bosh is starting to get star calls by the refs. Put Biedrins on him and he can foul out in one quarter...

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:39 pm
This one outta be a tough one for us. The matchups are a toss up all the way around. I actually think TJ Ford is the key. If we minimize his assists, we should win.

Bosh is a beast and will be a true test for AB and Murph.

The momentum from Saturday carries over to tonight.... W's win, 101-94

Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:41 pm
TMC wrote:
zshook wrote:Bosh hd a smooth touch and can score inside and out, but if be put AB on him and let Murph guard Rasho, we should to control Bosh from killing us. AB can match Boshs energy and the rest of the Ws outmatch the Raptors,
so Ws by 8

Yeah, but Bosh is starting to get star calls by the refs. Put Biedrins on him and he can foul out in one quarter...

You nailed it on that one.... I don't think it'll be good to let AB guard Bosh the whole game... AB won't make to the 4th if he guards Bosh all game.

Any word on if Ike will play?

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:14 am
TMC wrote:
so Ws by 8

I agree with TMC. Bosh may play a little bit to much perimeter fro Biedrins and would definitely get him in early foul trouble with his drives to the basket. Murphy? forget about? If I were Nelly I would go small ball right a way because they are not a great rebounding team other than Bosh. I would go Biedrins, Davis, Ellis, JRich, and probably Pietrus. If not Pietrus, Barnes.

I would play Pietrus on Bosh similar to the way we played Pietrus on Novitzki. Then I would run Barnes in at Bosh. Also, Our smaller guys would require Bosh play away from the basket on defense so he can't clog the lane and block a lot of shots. We need to keep Bosh out of the lane on both ends of the court.

I eould spell Biedrins at center with Murphy. Murph will again draw the big men away from the basket. We can win this game on guard play. They do not have the guard to match up with ours. Do anyone?

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:59 pm
richardson sprained his ankle yesterday in practice, so if he plays, his minutes will be limited no doubt. i'm looking for the youngin's to pick up the slack as usual. dubs by 3.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:38 pm
yes, J Rich will see limited time, IF ANY... I expect to see lots of Roberson and Barnes
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:40 pm
i think warriors by 10

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:08 pm
I'll be at the game tonight and am expecting the same effort they gave to the Pistons. On this site we talk alot about matchups, but this season has showed it is so much more than that. For example, if we played against Utah like we did against the Pistons - win. If we played aginst Pistons like we did against Utah, a loss.
Therefore, if we start jacking threes like crazy when we are up by 15 in the fourth and the Raptors take advantage and tie the game up with three minutes left, expect to see a 30 something raving maniac rushing the court to tackle any Warrior who shoots a three!
Warriors by seven. Bosh is good, but c'mon!
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Rookie
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:49 pm
Who are all these ugly Euros who are carving us up? Someone please tell Parker that he played in Europe for 7 years because he sucks
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:15 pm
Biedrins is a force!!!!!

Let him shoot the T's!!!
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:52 pm
belive that Andris Biedrins was the best warriors today all the block shot and the reb he prove to me that he desevse to be in the lineup
MAD PROP FOR ANDRIS BIEDRINS :headbang: :D :D :D
This is the year
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:53 pm
Biedrins is a motherf*ckin' boss. He's the reason why Bosh couldn't dominate on the boards. If Biedrins didn't play, I'm pretty sure Bosh would've had over 30-35 rebounds. He changes the whole game when he's in. It gives the Warriors a chance at 2nd chances and size.

Just like today. The defense showed up today once again. Baron had an off night shooting, but when you have a guy like Biedrins, he can change the whole tempo of the game. He was the main reason Bosh wasn't as dominate as he was when Andris wasn't in. Monta had a great 2nd half too. Him getting in foul trouble early hurt them but when he gets in there, he'll perform. Dunleavy was impressive too. Loved that missed jam. Woohoo, yeah Mike! :mrgreen:

5-3 baby. Let's keep it up.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:57 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Biedrins is a motherf*ckin' boss. He's the reason why Bosh couldn't dominate on the boards. If Biedrins didn't play, I'm pretty sure Bosh would've had over 30-35 rebounds. He changes the whole game when he's in. It gives the Warriors a chance at 2nd chances and size.

Just like today. The defense showed up today once again. Baron had an off night shooting, but when you have a guy like Biedrins, he can change the whole tempo of the game. He was the main reason Bosh wasn't as dominate as he was when Andris wasn't in. Monta had a great 2nd half too. Him getting in foul trouble early hurt them but when he gets in there, he'll perform. Dunleavy was impressive too. Loved that missed jam. Woohoo, yeah Mike! :mrgreen:

5-3 baby. Let's keep it up.

:D one question what happen to murpy today :?:
This is the year
Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:57 pm
Wow, they really won by 10+! I was holding my breath during the second quarter for a little bit, and then they just exploded during the 4th quarter! Props to Andris for changing the game, especially during the 3rd quarter when he was pretty much everywhere! I can't believe that when I look at the boxscore he only had 2 blocks because it looked like he had 5 just in the third.
Anyway, it was very exciting during the 4th quarter, Baron was the superstar during the 4th quarter, and Monta was also playing excellent basketball.
I can't wait until Jason is fully healed!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:01 pm
Showing toughness! These recent wins show what the team can be! Baron and Monta took control in the 4th and Biedrins looks like he has come around and become the Center the team needed

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads