Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Warriors 2006-11-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors begin a winning streak against the Pistons?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:31 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 11

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:56 pm
I dunno if that takes anything away from Ike's post game. Just because the league is full of horrible big men doesn't make the ones that ARE good sub-par. I think Elton Brand could play in any era. Ike has the same style of play.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:58 pm
Murph to me is the ideal Pf and center for Don Nelson system. Ike on the other hand is more of a true PF that in many cases don't soot Don Nelson way of playing.However, I think Ike has opened up the coaches eyes and shown he can run the floor and score in variety of ways. Murph shoots the three better and shoots a better mid-range jumper at this point. But if I had to choose one, I wouldn't. I think they both compliments each other and both are interchangleble. So its good we have two guys who can give us help when the other one is having a bad game or even hurt for that matter.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:03 pm
I dunno if we can really explain what a "Don Nelson system" is anymore.

Prior to the season, everybody said the post-game would be blown out of the gameplans. So far, that's our main offensive attack. It ran through Ike (prior to his injury) and it's running through Jason and Baron now.

People claimed "a Don Nelson system destroys big men". Thats BS. Biedrins, Diogu, Barnes, Murphy, and Dunleavy all appear to be thriving in their new roles (and Nelly says O'Bryant is one of the most impressive players he has in practices).

At this point... I dunno if we can stereotype "a Don Nelson system". Looking at Run TMC... then Dallas... than THIS, they're all pretty different. Their base designs all include running and shooting, but thats pretty much where it ends.

Whatever Nelson's doing now, it seems to be working.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:35 pm
#32 wrote:I dunno if we can really explain what a "Don Nelson system" is anymore.

Prior to the season, everybody said the post-game would be blown out of the gameplans. So far, that's our main offensive attack. It ran through Ike (prior to his injury) and it's running through Jason and Baron now.

People claimed "a Don Nelson system destroys big men". Thats BS. Biedrins, Diogu, Barnes, Murphy, and Dunleavy all appear to be thriving in their new roles (and Nelly says O'Bryant is one of the most impressive players he has in practices).

At this point... I dunno if we can stereotype "a Don Nelson system". Looking at Run TMC... then Dallas... than THIS, they're all pretty different. Their base designs all include running and shooting, but thats pretty much where it ends.

Whatever Nelson's doing now, it seems to be working.

well it all depends on what nelly has to work with right? But the fact of the matter it, he always preferred run and gun and big men who can keep up with that. Only player left out so far is Foyle and understandably so.

Keep up the winning! I want to see 5wins in a row and we can start to say something about this team.
"The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else."
-John Madden
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:10 pm
John Patrick wrote:
#32 wrote:And while we're on the Ike praising train... its also fair to mention his post game is already among the league's best (minutes permitting).

That can be argued but it's also true that our league currently does not have many strong post players.

Name someone with smoother post moves than Diogu, except Duncan

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:14 pm
Definately is intriguing the way Nelson has the team playing. There is running but there is also some posting up which shows that he is willing to try anything to win

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:23 pm
migya wrote:Definately is intriguing the way Nelson has the team playing. There is running but there is also some posting up which shows that he is willing to try anything to win

The odd part is that Davis is the one posting up and Murph is feed him the ball...

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:25 pm
speaking of diogu, i get the feeling when he posts up he can hit the shot the majority of the time 1 on 1, now when he really learns how to pass out of the double team, thats when he's going to be real dangerous.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:34 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:speaking of diogu, i get the feeling when he posts up he can hit the shot the majority of the time 1 on 1, now when he really learns how to pass out of the double team, thats when he's going to be real dangerous.

another reason why he needs more court time

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:44 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:speaking of diogu, i get the feeling when he posts up he can hit the shot the majority of the time 1 on 1, now when he really learns how to pass out of the double team, thats when he's going to be real dangerous.
This is what Don Nelson has said recently :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:03 pm
murph isnt playing tonight. whats up with him??? hopefully we can see more of POB, Ive been dying too see more minutes from him, and Wagner too.
Previous

Return to Game Threads