eddie jones

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:54 pm
#32 wrote:Anybody wanting to get rid of Murphy so far clearly hasn't seen any games this season.

Although Murphy's rebounding numbers are down, the team's rebounding (as a whole) is up... meaning there are more players crashing the glass, which is why Murphy's individual numbers are down.

His shooting has never been better, either. The guy's playing great in Nelly's system.

Correct me if I am wrong, but... Warriors' rebounding is dramatically down. We're negative 8 boards a game this year vs. 2.2 last year.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:57 pm
cladden wrote:
#32 wrote:Anybody wanting to get rid of Murphy so far clearly hasn't seen any games this season.

Although Murphy's rebounding numbers are down, the team's rebounding (as a whole) is up... meaning there are more players crashing the glass, which is why Murphy's individual numbers are down.

His shooting has never been better, either. The guy's playing great in Nelly's system.

Correct me if I am wrong, but... Warriors' rebounding is dramatically down. We're negative 8 boards a game this year vs. 2.2 last year.

Second worst in the league:

http://www.nba.com/statistics/sortable_ ... &prd=1#top
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:14 pm
Biedrins is better than Mohammed, energy, finishing, blocks, and soon to be rebounds.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:17 pm
cladden wrote:

Well, I took into account that we're not playing in a halfcourt system anymore. More outside shots means more rebounds. We're running a fastbreak offense half the time and a post-offense the other half (through Ike or Baron, respectively).

If you watch this season compared to last season, you'll see there's a dramatic improvement in the team's rebounding, as a whole. The same can be said for their defense. I don't know if the numbers are showing it yet, but I bet you they will by midseason.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:12 pm
#32 wrote:Dude... still.

(C) Nazr Mohammed = Andris Biedrins
(PF) Rasheed Wallace > Troy Murphy
(SF) Tayshaun Prince > Mike Dunleavy
(1st Bench) Antonio McDysse < Ike Diogu

I'm being generous, giving Biedrins the bennefit of the doubt, seeing as Nazr puts up more rebounds and just as many points in less minutes. And I'm not going to be a tool and pretend that because Nelly starts JRich or Pietrus at SF a couple times, they've suddenly become "bigs". They're shooting guards. End of story.

That being said, Detroit's big men beat us 2:1.

I agree - The Pistons are still a very good team everywhere, frontline as well. Mohammed, Rasheed and McDyess are all capable of rebounding and shotblocking real well and both Rasheed and McDyess can score well when they want. The team does not have the frontline firepower that the Pistons do, even with Diogu

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:27 am
I see it more like this:

(C) Nazr Mohammed <Andris> Troy Murphy
(SF) Tayshaun Prince > Pietrus (as Dun is a bench player now)
(SG) Rip = J-Rich
(PG) Billups < Baron
(1st Bench) McDyess, Murray, Maxiell... < Ike, Monta, Dun...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:29 pm
TMC wrote:(PG) Billups < Baron

No way. Billups was even considered as a possible MVP last year.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:34 pm
TMC wrote:I see it more like this:

(C) Nazr Mohammed <Andris> Troy Murphy
(SF) Tayshaun Prince > Pietrus (as Dun is a bench player now)
(SG) Rip = J-Rich
(PG) Billups < Baron
(1st Bench) McDyess, Murray, Maxiell... < Ike, Monta, Dun...

I didn't say Detroit had a better team than the Warriors; I said their big men are better. When you put ALL the players in the debate... I think the results speak for themselves. The Warriors won by 30.

But not in terms of big men... which is what I thought the argument was about:

TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Detroit (who, undoubtable, has better inside players and rebounders than us)

Not anymore. After losing Big Ben, they're barely average...

:scratch: I disagree with this. Even without Big Ben, their front court is still superior to ours (and most teams in the league, for that matter).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:34 pm
#32 wrote:If you watch this season compared to last season, you'll see there's a dramatic improvement in the team's rebounding, as a whole. The same can be said for their defense. I don't know if the numbers are showing it yet, but I bet you they will by midseason.

The numbers show that the other team is outrebounding the Warriors by more than last season - That shows are decrease in rebounding efficiency for the team. Murphy has been the main guy to decrease in rebounding, by almost half actually. With JRich healthy and playing more, that should change a bit but the big guys are the ones that need to step up their rebounding

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:52 pm
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Detroit (who, undoubtable, has better inside players and rebounders than us)

Not anymore. After losing Big Ben, they're barely average...

:scratch: I disagree with this. Even without Big Ben, their front court is still superior to ours (and most teams in the league, for that matter).

I also think that the Pistons have a better frontline than most teams. Rasheed explodes at anytime, Mohammed is a worker who consistently gets it done as he has rebounded and blocked well this season and McDyess is a great bench player that could start and average a double double. Prince is a great SF

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:33 am
John Patrick wrote:
TMC wrote:(PG) Billups < Baron

No way. Billups was even considered as a possible MVP last year.

That's a joke. Billups is a great player that didn't play well til he fit into the right team and concept. That's not a MVP.

And this Baron is better than him, without any kind of doubt. A different issue is how long will Baron stay focused and healthy... but when he is, there are very few pgs in the NBA better than him. Billups is not one of them.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:38 am
migya wrote:I also think that the Pistons have a better frontline than most teams. Rasheed explodes at anytime, Mohammed is a worker who consistently gets it done as he has rebounded and blocked well this season and McDyess is a great bench player that could start and average a double double. Prince is a great SF

Sure... except stats tell otherwise. 'Sheed (the only one I consider clearly better than our players) is averaging 11 and 9, Mohammed puts up 7 and 7 and McDyes 4 and 7... so, between the three, their inside game is averaging 22 points and 23 boards per game. I wouldn't call that a great frontline, just good (on boards, barely average on points).

It's true that they play better defense than most frontlines... but it's not the same without Big Ben. Detroit is weak this season, and it will show in the playoffs. They'll be lucky if they make it til the second round.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:03 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I also think that the Pistons have a better frontline than most teams. Rasheed explodes at anytime, Mohammed is a worker who consistently gets it done as he has rebounded and blocked well this season and McDyess is a great bench player that could start and average a double double. Prince is a great SF

Sure... except stats tell otherwise. 'Sheed (the only one I consider clearly better than our players) is averaging 11 and 9, Mohammed puts up 7 and 7 and McDyes 4 and 7... so, between the three, their inside game is averaging 22 points and 23 boards per game. I wouldn't call that a great frontline, just good (on boards, barely average on points).

It's true that they play better defense than most frontlines... but it's not the same without Big Ben. Detroit is weak this season, and it will show in the playoffs. They'll be lucky if they make it til the second round.

I see it as a more than capable frontline but we'll see come playoff time

Previous

Return to Trades