Game Thread: Detroit Pistons @ Warriors 2006-11-11

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Can the Warriors begin a winning streak against the Pistons?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:31 am

YES
100%
NO
No votes

Total votes : 11

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:17 am
It must have been the first game we have won at halftime in the last three seasons or so... Exactly what we needed to start a winning trend for the home games.

Time to celebrate, then. :drinking:
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:01 pm
I agree w/Migya -that should be the starting 5, BD, Jrich, Monta, Biedrins and either Murph or Ike, along with Pietrus, a truly powerful first 7
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:21 pm
I think Ike versus Troy is the real challenge. Anybody could have told you that Monta deserved to start over Pietrus and Dunleavy... but the real pickle is whether or not to start Murph or Diogu.

Personally, I think that Troy's playing at a higher level than Ike currently (even before Ike's injury). But it was clear, yesterday, that Rasheed was having his way with him on the defensive end. Time will tell what the better option is.

Murph and Diogu have dramatically different styles (neither seem to bennefit from the system more than the other)... the problem is that they appear to be so equally matched, in terms of effectiveness, that it's tough to determine who deserves more minutes. That's why I like Nelly's approach; it doesn't matter who starts, but who finishes.

Whichever player has the hotter hand will get the minutes.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:28 pm
#32 wrote:I think Ike versus Troy is the real challenge. Anybody could have told you that Monta deserved to start over Pietrus and Dunleavy... but the real pickle is whether or not to start Murph or Diogu.

Personally, I think that Troy's playing at a higher level than Ike currently (even before Ike's injury). But it was clear, yesterday, that Rasheed was having his way with him on the defensive end. Time will tell what the better option is.

Murph and Diogu have dramatically different styles (neither seem to bennefit from the system more than the other)... the problem is that they appear to be so equally matched, in terms of effectiveness, that it's tough to determine who deserves more minutes. That's why I like Nelly's approach; it doesn't matter who starts, but who finishes.

can't really agree that Murphy is outplaying Ike. Let's see what happens when they get comparable minutes - per minute Ike is outperforming Murphy - most recently 8 boards in 11 minutes and highest points per minute output

ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:56 pm
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:I think Ike versus Troy is the real challenge. Anybody could have told you that Monta deserved to start over Pietrus and Dunleavy... but the real pickle is whether or not to start Murph or Diogu.

can't really agree that Murphy is outplaying Ike. Let's see what happens when they get comparable minutes - per minute Ike is outperforming Murphy - most recently 8 boards in 11 minutes and highest points per minute output

That's right, in less playing time, Diogu has shown a little more comparatively. Diogu just does not get the time that Murphy gets but if or when he does, he might just outperform him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:16 am
coltraning wrote:can't really agree that Murphy is outplaying Ike. Let's see what happens when they get comparable minutes - per minute Ike is outperforming Murphy - most recently 8 boards in 11 minutes and highest points per minute output

Yeah, for the few minutes he has, I think Ike is outplaying Murph pretty clearly.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:29 pm
How about the 3 Wagner got at the end of the game. I think he had serious first game (for him) jitters, but it was awsome that he took and made that shot. I really want to see more of him.
Great win, Keep it rolling...
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:50 pm
last thought on Ike versus Murphy...Murphy is in the top 30-40% of PFs, and he's reached his limit. I think Ike has the potential to be top 10% of PFs by the time he has been in the league as long as Murphy...A starting five of BD, Monta, JRich, Ike and Biedrins, with Pietrus, Wagner and POB has an amazing upside...

ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:52 pm
If Ike can overcome his undersize problem then that will be true
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:55 pm
John Patrick wrote:If Ike can overcome his undersize problem then that will be true

Like I've said before - Diogu's wingspan, strength, girth and skills will be a matchup nightmare for the opposition, he will make them look small

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:40 pm
migya wrote:
John Patrick wrote:If Ike can overcome his undersize problem then that will be true

Like I've said before - Diogu's wingspan, strength, girth and skills will be a matchup nightmare for the opposition, he will make them look small

concur

ImageImage

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:57 pm
Also Ike's ability to get to the line and hit a high ft %, with shooting range too :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:02 am
O.G. broe wrote:Also Ike's ability to get to the line and hit a high ft %, with shooting range too :D

Good point!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:31 am
And while we're on the Ike praising train... its also fair to mention his post game is already among the league's best (minutes permitting).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:12 am
#32 wrote:And while we're on the Ike praising train... its also fair to mention his post game is already among the league's best (minutes permitting).

That can be argued but it's also true that our league currently does not have many strong post players.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads