Game Thread: New Orleans Hornets @ Warriors 2006-11-09

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will the Warriors provide the Hornets their first lost this season?

Poll ended at Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:31 pm

YES
93%
NO
7%

Total votes : 15

Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:15 pm
semaru_baka wrote:Can someone fill me in? Why is Jason not playing tonight?

he's still having problems with his knee
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:42 pm
Oh.....
Well we still get the W, I am thinking he can take a good rest and wait until it fully heals or at least 80% to start playing again.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:46 am
The Warriors shot well from the line. 80% is what I like to hear and see.

They shot a well from the field. 51%.

Too many threes. 38% is pretty decent, but when you jack 34 threes while the defense is playing zone on you forcing you to jack em up, that just shows that you aren't willing to drive in.

-15 rebound margin between the Hornets and Warriors. That is horrible. But hey, when we don't have the size, there's nothing much we can say.

Too many fouls. 30 fouls. There were some BS calls by the refs but other than that the Warriors need to learn to move their feet and keep their hands up.

Great job on the turnovers. Only 10.

Honorable mention goes to Baron for going 36 points, 9 assists, and 0 turnovers. Shooting 11-17 from the field and 13-17 from the charity stripe. That is a phenomenal performance.

Overall, every Warriors stepped up. Last year, the Warriors couldn't win a game without Jrich. Pietrus, Murphy, Monta, ect...they all contributed.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:58 am
They sucked at the end, jacking up too many three's - but baron wasn't going to let them lose.
He is phenomenal - tonight was one of his best performances ever as a Warrior - the no turnovers was a big part of it and he looks hungry and sharp.
The Hornets have a good team - that roster is impressive with Paul, West, Desmond, Peja, and the rest. They match up to the Warriors pretty even I think - so to win without Ike and JRich is big.
I was a bit suprised that Nelson let them jack up all those threes when they were up by 12 - thought he'd get on them for not driving the lane more.
Monte reminds me a bit of a young Bobby Jackson - back when he was with the Kings and getting 6th man of the year awards.
GO WARRIORS!
11 years of no playoffs and counting...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:36 am
Played very poor at the end and the 3's were just terrible in the 4th, Warriors were lucky they pulled through. Def one of the best nights as a Warrior, below his 05 game against Houston when he squared up with TMac, and Davis threw down 40pts 13 a
New. Stuff.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:28 am
This was a great win. We not only won against a good team, but we also did it even tho they beat us on the boards and shooting way too many threes... This is the kind of game we would have lost the last season.

Now is when the real season starts for us. With so many games at home, this month will be key for us. We need to build our playoff contender status this next month.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:25 am
great win,but what pisses me off,is ya go to nba.com and all ya hear bout is "chris pauls big game"ummmm,so what,he fkn lost!

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:52 am
Encouraging to see Warriors hit all the free throws at the end!
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:26 am
THAT was the all-star Baron - great to see, and for the most part, the Ws moved the ball extremely well -honorable mention to Pietrus and Monta - they get Ike and Jrich back and healthy, they are a promising team...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:31 pm
we are still shaky down the stretch but, that was a great game and a good win without JR and ike.. the bench is scoring, monta, andris and MP are playing well and it feels good to see the coach switching it up and making adjusments through 6 games
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:17 pm
I honestly cannot believe the Warriors scored over 100 points WITHOUT Richardson. Amazing.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:03 pm
Quazza wrote:great win,but what pisses me off,is ya go to nba.com and all ya hear bout is "chris pauls big game"ummmm,so what,he fkn lost!

Baron played slightly better than him but got no mention. Who gives a shiit, the team is looking alright

migya make the ring fall on ya
Previous

Return to Game Threads