Game Thread: Warriors @ New Orleans Hornets 2006-11-07

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Baron Davis have a big game against the Hornets?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:21 pm

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes : 8

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:23 am
migya wrote: Dun and Murphy should be shot with such a performance!

As always...

But not everything was bad. Baron is playing well, Monta is the MVP of the team so far and Ike outplayed Murphy in just 11 minutes... It's just a matter of time till Nellie changes the rotation to the one we all want. And then we'll be ready to get some good wins and make some noise.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:37 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:Tough loss. The dub's almost pulled this one out. They played a real gutsy game, seeing as how they were obviously tired, and Peitrus was out with an ankle sprain, and Ike went out in the first half with the same thing.

Someone on this board said people are bitching about turnovers too much - but I can't stress that point enough. Anyone who doesn't think turnovers are a problem for this team is blind. What was it - 15, 16 tonight? That last pass that Monta threw away - down by 2 with less than a minute to go - pretty much sealed the game. A few less turnovers, and the game is ours. Nevertheless, the Dub's battled back from a 14 point deficit and showed some fight toinght. I'm nowhere near as distraught as I was after the Utah loss.

What about the brick shooting by Dunleavy down the stretch? Why didn't Nelly play Matt Barnes instead of Dunleavy down the astretch. I thought you are suppose to go home with the girl who brought you to the dance. Barnes and Roberson, along with Monta brought you to the dance but he Nelly decided to go home with Baron, Dunleavy and JRich. :?:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:26 am
That was a tough one. After we fought to come back and take the lead.
Their 3 point shooting killed us. and their pick and roll created alot of mismatches. Hopefully we will learn from this for the next game tomorrow.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:44 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:
baytobrooklyn wrote:Tough loss. The dub's almost pulled this one out. They played a real gutsy game, seeing as how they were obviously tired, and Peitrus was out with an ankle sprain, and Ike went out in the first half with the same thing.

Someone on this board said people are bitching about turnovers too much - but I can't stress that point enough. Anyone who doesn't think turnovers are a problem for this team is blind. What was it - 15, 16 tonight? That last pass that Monta threw away - down by 2 with less than a minute to go - pretty much sealed the game. A few less turnovers, and the game is ours. Nevertheless, the Dub's battled back from a 14 point deficit and showed some fight toinght. I'm nowhere near as distraught as I was after the Utah loss.

What about the brick shooting by Dunleavy down the stretch? Why didn't Nelly play Matt Barnes instead of Dunleavy down the astretch. I thought you are suppose to go home with the girl who brought you to the dance. Barnes and Roberson, along with Monta brought you to the dance but he Nelly decided to go home with Baron, Dunleavy and JRich. :?:

I agree with you completly. I remember Dumbleavy bricking that wide open 3. It was the right shot to take, just the wrong guy taking the shot. As soon as he released it, I knew it was going to be a brick.

This play upset me more than when, Monta threw the ball away when trying to feed J-Rich in the post. Two crucial mistakes...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:53 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:

that was odd, for sure...they could not stop barnes, but nelly did by benching him
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:44 pm
coltraning wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

that was odd, for sure...they could not stop barnes, but nelly did by benching him

I think Barnes and Roberson did excellant in the 4th when we needed them, but they are only role players and they played their roles.

If Nellie kept Barnes and Roberson in and ended up losing, just think of what the media would say about Nellie...

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:11 pm
Big B wrote:
coltraning wrote:
ReginaldLewis wrote:

Point well taken, but, he could argue that he went with the "hot hands."

I think Barnes and Roberson did excellant in the 4th when we needed them, but they are only role players and they played their roles.

If Nellie kept Barnes and Roberson in and ended up losing, just think of what the media would say about Nellie...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:32 pm
Yeah, I don't even notice when Dunleavy plays like an ass-clown anymore, because I fully expect it now. I notice more when he plays well, because it's so sparingly. On the other hand, I notice screw-ups from people like Monta more beacuase I expect him not to make those mistakes. I still think the W's not protecting the ball, though, played a bigger role in the loss than Dunleavy's incompetency. But it's close.
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:56 pm
The only reason Dunleavy was even IN the game is because Ike rolled his ankle. I'll bet Nelson had no intention of playing him.

Murphy's rebounding has been off lately. I attribute it to Nelly having more people crash the help-side boards. But finishing the game without a rebound should never happen. Overall, a bad game for Murphy (though, I must say... I'm enjoying his newfound passing ability).

And, not to disagree TMC, but I'd say Baron is the team MVP thus far. Monta's been the best bench player... but Baron looks like an NBA superstar again.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 4:14 pm
I'm surprise no one brought up the fact that Dunleavey missed a lay-up toward the end of the game. He made the right cut, Baron fed him the ball, but he was unable to finish on the play. I thought that our momentum was killed because of that play.

He made an awesome play on the AND 1 pnly to miss the free throw.

I love Baron's game but he sure does dribble the ball alot!

Another thing I notice is that Barnes rebounds and pushes it down court instead of looking for Baron after the rebound. If we are going to push the temp, our bigs will need to start it off for us.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 5:51 pm
#32 wrote:The only reason Dunleavy was even IN the game is because Ike rolled his ankle. I'll bet Nelson had no intention of playing him.

Absolutely... don't forget Pietrus as well.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 7:19 pm
Exactly. Dunleavy's 3rd string. That's a good sign.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:14 pm
#32 wrote:Exactly. Dunleavy's 3rd string. That's a good sign.

:D
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:19 am
Monta really is great. He was one of the only effective players in the Lakers game and was able to get out and run better than anyone else on the court. He will be great and it'd be nice to keep him here

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:55 am
Monta's played great so far. Him, Murphy, and Pietrus were the only decent players in the Lakers game.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads