Game Thread: Warriors @ Dallas Mavericks 2006-11-06

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Don Nelson get a victory against his old ball club?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:19 am

YES
53%
NO
47%

Total votes : 15

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:00 pm
I am pissed that I was working and missed it. Dallas better pray they don't get the one seed and Ws get the 8....one question. Since I didn't see the game, how come the DNP for Ike? BTW, let's hope this is the beginning of Nelson doing what Musselman wnated to do 2 years ago, and leave Dunny on the bench. Agree with the comment on Jason Terry, he is beginning to seem like a chronic cheap shotter...great that Monta was a stud, and nice that Murphy had a strong one...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:02 pm
The threes at the end of the game were particularily annoying. Seeing MP's last 3 made me throw up all over the tv screen. Would've preferred more drives to the hoop so they could get to the line. Definitely need to work on playing with the lead.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:03 pm
I dunno. I started watching in the 2nd quarter. I was wondering where Ike was. But like I said, with the game like that, and Ike being the 8th/9th man on the bench, it could mess with the tempo the Warriors were continuously matching.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:05 pm
Very strong performance by the Warriors but sloppy at times. Especially at the very end. Good crunch time for watching though. Strong performances by Baron (FG% wasn't great, but still), J-Rich, Murphy. Biedrins Ellis and Pietrus too.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:58 am
:D :D Great TEAM Victory and Great Win for Nellie :D :D ... Now it's Baron's turn against N.O. :!: Go Warriors.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 2:24 am
semaru_baka wrote:
Only if we can have the same environment in the Oracle, I am sure you guys notice, that our arena is always quiet (not only the fans, also there is never any music or shouts of "defense" by the arena people), are they too cheap to hire someone like that?

I totally agree, they passed out the sticks to wave during ft's but nobody waved them instead people were throwing them in the air to see them float :banghead: And Like you said quiet with no defense chants except some scattered :!: Once the Warriors start winning at home and give the fans more to be enthused about I expect the Oracle to be Rocking :headbang: Oh and the outdated band singing bootleg Earth Wind And Fire has got to go [-o<
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:17 am
coltraning wrote:one question. Since I didn't see the game, how come the DNP for Ike?

I guess Nellie didn't like the matchup with Dirk. I really can't think any other reason that makes sense.

This is a great, quality win, not like the one against Portland. This one shows we can beat good teams and compete for the playoffs... it's unbelievable how much making the free throws and benching Dunleavy improves a team. :mrgreen:

All in all, great win. GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:03 am
I won't harp too much on the turnovers. When you run as much as the Warriors did turnovers are inevitable. Check out Phoenix, they always have a high turnover ratio. The make-up for that in a running game is that you get more possesion in which to make easy baskets (lay-ups), which get you to the line more and causes teams to foul more.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:08 pm
What did I say Ws by 3...
hell yeah, play like this all season and well be fine.
Previous

Return to Game Threads