I Love Monta

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:38 am
Which is, ultimately, where we won the game. Golden State had like 30 fast break points.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:43 pm
As long as he minimizes his mistakes, he'll be effective. It is a player's mistakes that take a toll on their team. If he scores some as well, that would just be an added bonus right now
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:36 pm
It's also worth mentioning that Golden State had a good shooting night. They went 5 for 11, from beyond the arc... something that won't happen every game.

Pietrus split his FTs, though... something that shouldn't happen. If you only attempt 2 in the entire night, you better make them. Ike had a bad FT night, too (2 for 5 is ugly for him).
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:57 pm
#32 wrote:It's also worth mentioning that Golden State had a good shooting night. They went 5 for 11, from beyond the arc... something that won't happen every game.

Pietrus split his FTs, though... something that shouldn't happen. If you only attempt 2 in the entire night, you better make them. Ike had a bad FT night, too (2 for 5 is ugly for him).


That's what they need to be taking. They don't need to jack up 20+ threes a night. 10-12 three pointers are fine. The free throw shooting woes from the Laker game were gone last night, though the boos did continue to poor on Dunleavy everytime he missed.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:51 pm
I agree, the attempts is in the right spot... but we can't expect the percentage to always be that good.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:16 am
Yeah, they are doing well on holding down on the attempts. Really, they don't need to be jacking up all those shots. To me, the only time I see myself shooting a three is when I'm wide open or I trust myself that I can make it. Other than that, they should be driving to the hoop rather than puttin' em up just to get back in the game when they're down. When I saw the Warriors last season jacking up threes when they were down, it showed me that they were desperate to get back into the game. They should just slow it down and let the game come to them. They shouldn't panic over it.

Just saying that because of their tendencies to overshoot the ball beyond the arc last season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:49 am
Location: Clovis, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:47 pm
I Love Monta Ellis.
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 661
Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 4:55 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:57 pm
FO SHO BRO, YOU SEE HIM GET KNOCKED OUT IN THE HEAD??? THEN HE MAKES 2 FREE THROWS!!! THEN HE GETS THE STEAL!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:02 pm
Jason Terry should be suspended.

If Jerry Stackhouse sits one game for shoving Shaquille O'Neal, than Jason Terry should be out for 3 after clubbing Monta Ellis in the throat. What a complete cheap shot!

This, of course, after he already binked Troy Murphy in the nose (and, no, the ball wasn't anywhere near his face... Terry's just hella dirty).

I've completely lost every ounce of respect for Jason Terry. He's a punk. He's a common street thug. And he starts clubbing people when his team's getting their ass kicked. What a little pussybitch.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
User avatar
Rookie
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:05 am
Location: San Francisco
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:08 pm
Monta is the ****. How could you not love this guy? He has got to be re-signed. He is like a poor man's Iverson which is saying a hell of alot.
It may be premature and believe me, I am one of Chris Mullins biggest fans (both as a player and GM), but I like what Larry Riley is doing. At least so far....
User avatar
Franchise Player
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Land of the Lacob.
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:10 pm
The kid is tough. It's hard to say anything negative about the kid. Hate em or love em, he's like a man of steel.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21381
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:45 pm
Monta definately does add alot to the team. The three guard lineup of Baron, Monta and JRich were real good against the Mavs. Props to Murphy for realising that Dirk doesn't play him that well and almost neutralising him
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:35 am
#32 wrote:Jason Terry should be suspended.

If Jerry Stackhouse sits one game for shoving Shaquille O'Neal, than Jason Terry should be out for 3 after clubbing Monta Ellis in the throat. What a complete cheap shot!

This, of course, after he already binked Troy Murphy in the nose (and, no, the ball wasn't anywhere near his face... Terry's just hella dirty).

I've completely lost every ounce of respect for Jason Terry. He's a punk. He's a common street thug. And he starts clubbing people when his team's getting their ass kicked. What a little pussybitch.


Nobody gets a three game suspension nowadays... after seeing the foul, I don't think he'll be suspended (although he should. I'm not discussing that). If he does, it will be one game max.

All Star
Posts: 2804
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 4:46 pm
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:54 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Jason Terry should be suspended.

If Jerry Stackhouse sits one game for shoving Shaquille O'Neal, than Jason Terry should be out for 3 after clubbing Monta Ellis in the throat. What a complete cheap shot!

This, of course, after he already binked Troy Murphy in the nose (and, no, the ball wasn't anywhere near his face... Terry's just hella dirty).

I've completely lost every ounce of respect for Jason Terry. He's a punk. He's a common street thug. And he starts clubbing people when his team's getting their ass kicked. What a little pussybitch.


Nobody gets a three game suspension nowadays... after seeing the foul, I don't think he'll be suspended (although he should. I'm not discussing that). If he does, it will be one game max.


I don't care if the league suspends him (Terry). What we showed as a team was our toughness. Monta is only a kid, but played like a man.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13533
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:42 am
:D Well said, uptempo.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron