I Love Monta

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:38 am
Which is, ultimately, where we won the game. Golden State had like 30 fast break points.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:43 pm
As long as he minimizes his mistakes, he'll be effective. It is a player's mistakes that take a toll on their team. If he scores some as well, that would just be an added bonus right now

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:36 pm
It's also worth mentioning that Golden State had a good shooting night. They went 5 for 11, from beyond the arc... something that won't happen every game.

Pietrus split his FTs, though... something that shouldn't happen. If you only attempt 2 in the entire night, you better make them. Ike had a bad FT night, too (2 for 5 is ugly for him).
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:57 pm
#32 wrote:It's also worth mentioning that Golden State had a good shooting night. They went 5 for 11, from beyond the arc... something that won't happen every game.

Pietrus split his FTs, though... something that shouldn't happen. If you only attempt 2 in the entire night, you better make them. Ike had a bad FT night, too (2 for 5 is ugly for him).

That's what they need to be taking. They don't need to jack up 20+ threes a night. 10-12 three pointers are fine. The free throw shooting woes from the Laker game were gone last night, though the boos did continue to poor on Dunleavy everytime he missed.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:51 pm
I agree, the attempts is in the right spot... but we can't expect the percentage to always be that good.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:16 am
Yeah, they are doing well on holding down on the attempts. Really, they don't need to be jacking up all those shots. To me, the only time I see myself shooting a three is when I'm wide open or I trust myself that I can make it. Other than that, they should be driving to the hoop rather than puttin' em up just to get back in the game when they're down. When I saw the Warriors last season jacking up threes when they were down, it showed me that they were desperate to get back into the game. They should just slow it down and let the game come to them. They shouldn't panic over it.

Just saying that because of their tendencies to overshoot the ball beyond the arc last season.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:47 pm
I Love Monta Ellis.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:57 pm
FO SHO BRO, YOU SEE HIM GET KNOCKED OUT IN THE HEAD??? THEN HE MAKES 2 FREE THROWS!!! THEN HE GETS THE STEAL!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:02 pm
Jason Terry should be suspended.

If Jerry Stackhouse sits one game for shoving Shaquille O'Neal, than Jason Terry should be out for 3 after clubbing Monta Ellis in the throat. What a complete cheap shot!

This, of course, after he already binked Troy Murphy in the nose (and, no, the ball wasn't anywhere near his face... Terry's just hella dirty).

I've completely lost every ounce of respect for Jason Terry. He's a punk. He's a common street thug. And he starts clubbing people when his team's getting their ass kicked. What a little pussybitch.
Rookie
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:08 pm
Monta is the ****. How could you not love this guy? He has got to be re-signed. He is like a poor man's Iverson which is saying a hell of alot.
It may be premature and believe me, I am one of Chris Mullins biggest fans (both as a player and GM), but I like what Larry Riley is doing. At least so far....
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:10 pm
The kid is tough. It's hard to say anything negative about the kid. Hate em or love em, he's like a man of steel.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:45 pm
Monta definately does add alot to the team. The three guard lineup of Baron, Monta and JRich were real good against the Mavs. Props to Murphy for realising that Dirk doesn't play him that well and almost neutralising him

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:35 am
#32 wrote:Jason Terry should be suspended.

If Jerry Stackhouse sits one game for shoving Shaquille O'Neal, than Jason Terry should be out for 3 after clubbing Monta Ellis in the throat. What a complete cheap shot!

This, of course, after he already binked Troy Murphy in the nose (and, no, the ball wasn't anywhere near his face... Terry's just hella dirty).

I've completely lost every ounce of respect for Jason Terry. He's a punk. He's a common street thug. And he starts clubbing people when his team's getting their ass kicked. What a little pussybitch.

Nobody gets a three game suspension nowadays... after seeing the foul, I don't think he'll be suspended (although he should. I'm not discussing that). If he does, it will be one game max.

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:54 am
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Jason Terry should be suspended.

Nobody gets a three game suspension nowadays... after seeing the foul, I don't think he'll be suspended (although he should. I'm not discussing that). If he does, it will be one game max.

I don't care if the league suspends him (Terry). What we showed as a team was our toughness. Monta is only a kid, but played like a man.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:42 am
:D Well said, uptempo.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball