Game Thread: Warriors @ Utah Jazz 2006-11-04

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Are you looking forward to see Derek Fisher?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:16 pm

YES
56%
NO
44%

Total votes : 9

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:54 pm
coltraning wrote:Starting 5 should be BD, JRich, Monta, Ike and Biedrins

I kinda like Monta coming from the bench... but playing more minutes than the starter.

I just like the fire he adds coming from the bench, the change of pace he means for the game.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:02 pm
coltraning wrote:
~W~ wrote:Utah has been very impressive in their two wins. They beat two very good opponents and they might take the warriors too lightly.

We need to insert Diogu in the game frequently and pound it inside to get them in foul trouble. We must continue to improve with out free throws..

I agree - this from the Mercury News on Nellie's revelation:

Diogu was even more important in the second half, when he replaced Foyle in the starting five and the Warriors took off. During the 18-3 run, Golden State converted four fast-break layups, two other driving layups and a dunk by Murphy. Murphy scored six points, Richardson added five, Davis had four and Diogu three more.

``It was just an idea that I had, an outside-inside kind of thing,'' Nelson said. ``Murphy's the outside guy and Ike's the inside man. I thought that might work, and I thought it did pretty well.''

Starting 5 should be BD, JRich, Monta, Ike and Biedrins

I think that Monta should start. For the most part he pushes the ball up alot and dunleavey cannot finish right now. He is too slow on both defense and offense so uptempo game needs some speed. Putting Monta we give us the ability to run ASAP. Ike should come off the bench and Nelson should call plays for him, rest the starters and let Ike go to work
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:17 pm
I picked the Jazz going by what has happened so far in two games but the team could pull out a win if they play their game. Diogu is a big factor but rebounding might just be the biggest factor in this game. If the team can out rebound the Jazz, who have very good rebounders in their frontline, a win is far more likely, otherwise the team wil have to shoot great from the outside, something that doesn't happen all that often

migya make the ring fall on ya

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:26 pm
for whatever reason I think J Rich is going to lead us in scoring tonight. We need to rebound indeed... i wont be surprise to see POB in the game tonight or Foyle...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 7:35 pm
HIT A FREE THROW..HELL SPLIT THE PAIR AT THE VERYT LEAST....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:04 pm
Been better the last few minutes. Notice how Monta and Diogu make things so much better

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:11 pm
i was decent for 2-3 possessions and then we reverted our way to jacking up 3's....

I cant for the life of me understand how you can miss so much free throws. I think Nelson should BAN the team from giving each other high fives when shooting free throws.

CJ Giles is lighting us up... that is how pathetic we are. Have we even ran a fastbreak?
Site Admin
Poster Credit: 20
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:14 pm
i think they are thinking about the free throws too much. I watched all of the first game, missed last night's game, and watched all of the first half, and i've yet to see them play well yet. I should stop watching and maybe that will help.

I see them running a little more but they are still hucking up bad 3's, I thought that was going to stop.

And be honest, when JRich got fouled on the 3, how many were predicting how many he was going to miss?

Ugly ugly ugly

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:23 pm
I thnk Nelson need to make a statement by starting Biedrins should start along with baron. He seems to be the only person moving when Baron penetrates

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:35 pm
cut it down to 10 by 4th we will have one run left in us

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:01 pm
I think it time to play Barnes and sit dunleavey.

I also think its time to post up players when we cannot run. No more letting Baron drive, or having Monta dribble the ball for 20 seconds...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:22 pm
Baron was just awful! The story of the game!

Dun did nothing much again but Murphy was a bigger disappointment, not one rebound!!!!

Nelson has to get serious and play Biedrins and Diogu much more time! Diogu got less time than Murphy and yet was more effective.

A real butt kicking and they should really learn from this!

Rookie
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:35 pm
What I see in tonights game is a lack of energy and the will to stop the other team. Lastnight, they least made a consious effort to stop Portland from scoring. But, in tonights game they haven't shown they want to compete with Utah. Utah is playing like they know they're the better team , and Derrick Fisher is playing under control, wow. We can't continue starting games slowly, we have to come out with more energy and urgencyto make baskets. If we can't score, then please play some D......... To me, we look like the same old Warriors, missing free throws after free throws. We are also missing wide open layups and defensive assignments. Utah had about 7 uncontested 3 point jumpers that went in. C.J Miles a kid who didn't get any run last year, until the last part of the year. He pretty much put the Warriors behind the 8 ball early on, by making wide open 3's. and getting to the basket at will. The Warriors simply couldn't stop anybody on the court but themselves.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:35 pm
I hate to blame referees, but the Warriors got NO calls tonight. Like none. I saw them drive the lane and get clubbed WAY too many times without a whistle.

Normally, I wouldn't say anything... but seeing as the Jazz kept getting ticky-tack ****, it kinda needs to be said.

None of the Warriors played well... but the ref's were terrible, too.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:22 pm
so far, the Ws have beaten who they should beat and got owned by Utah as usual. Not surprising...I am most curious to see how long Nelson sticks with Dunleavy and Murphy, when Ike and Monta are clearly more talented pieces. Essentially, the team is unchanged since last year, so we will have an excellent petri dish to see how much was on Monty and how much is just the team. 3 games is way too early - though not too early to confirm that Ike and Monta should have more minutes and Dunleavy/Murphy less.
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads