Game Thread: Portland Trailblazers @ Warriors 2006-11-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Did the Warriors have first game jitters?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:14 am

YES
7
64%
NO
4
36%
 
Total votes : 11

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 13511
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 pm
Location: Golden State
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:27 am
This is the final clean slate he's getting from me.

The first 3 years are freebee's, then he got another 1 last year because Montgomery's an idiot (everybody got one cause of that)... and now he's getting 1 from me because he's switching to PG. This is it.
Image
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Image
Image

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:58 am
That's Understandable, I think the whole PG "switch" is really just a way to get Dunleavy going, It was benefiting Baron though because when he would get the ball he would already be in good position to either create something or skee-skirp to the rack :mrgreen: Baron also had 9 ast, 0 TO's, 5-5 Ft's :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:27 pm
Baron should have had 12 or so assists, but I remember a few times players did not convert easy buckets. :banghead:

Defense definitely showed, which is refreshing. Dre and Ike were tough!

But this new basketball is still messing with me. Everytime a shot doesn’t go down (rattles out, bounces out) I attribute it to that. It seems to have a strange and harder bounce off the rim.

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:27 pm
It's been said the opposite, that the ball is softer so less long reb's to start the break with :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 3:12 pm
O.G. broe wrote:That's Understandable, I think the whole PG "switch" is really just a way to get Dunleavy going, It was benefiting Baron though because when he would get the ball he would already be in good position to either create something or skee-skirp to the rack :mrgreen: Baron also had 9 ast, 0 TO's, 5-5 Ft's :D

yeah, really, the best wecan hope for is a neutral, so here's a positive Dunleavy comment: I liked how open BD was at off-guard. Of course the "off-guard" had nine assists and the "PG" had one :shock:

IMO, the starting 5 should be BD, Monta, JRich, Ike and Andris, w/Pietrus, Murphy and Dun off the bench (and Wagner)...of course, if Pietrus keeps playing like last night, hard to keep him off the floor...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Starting Lineup
Posts: 811
Joined: Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:46 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:00 pm
O.G. broe wrote:It's been said the opposite, that the ball is softer so less long reb's to start the break with :!:


It’s not about the long rebounds, but more of the bounce off the rim I’m noticing!

Here’s an excerpt from a report:
“…According to the results released Sunday, the ball bounces 5 to 8 percent lower than typical leather balls when dropped from 4 feet. It also found that the new ball bounces 30 percent more erratically.”

What concerns me is that we don’t have great shooters, so any slightly off shots or rattles appear to be not falling in.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21364
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:09 pm
coltraning wrote:yeah, really, the best wecan hope for is a neutral, so here's a positive Dunleavy comment: I liked how open BD was at off-guard. Of course the "off-guard" had nine assists and the "PG" had one :shock:

IMO, the starting 5 should be BD, Monta, JRich, Ike and Andris, w/Pietrus, Murphy and Dun off the bench (and Wagner)...of course, if Pietrus keeps playing like last night, hard to keep him off the floor...




Dun was better than his usual self. At least we got that.

That starting five you have is great but there would be less fire off the bench. Maybe Wagner would get some playing time then and maybe he would do more than dun. With him, Pietrus, Biedrins and Diogu coming off the bench to add energy, that would be a good lineup
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:28 am
I was at the game, good job by Pietrus! If they can get on a fast break after the other team SCORES, that's impressive.
Previous

Return to Game Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests