Game Thread: Portland Trailblazers @ Warriors 2006-11-03

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Did the Warriors have first game jitters?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:14 am

YES
64%
NO
36%

Total votes : 11

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:46 pm
if the warriors don't win tmr. im be a very sad sad boy :(
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:33 pm
I’m with Big B on the other thread. The starting 5 from this point on should be:

1. Baron
2. Monta
3. J-Rich
4. Murph
5. Biendrins

Ike would be the first to come off the bench to sub for Murph at 4, or when Biedrins goes out, Murph would shift to the 5.

Bottom line: We need Beidrins, Monta, Ike in the game as much as possible to mix in with our Big Three. I think this is a winning combo.

Dung and Pietrus definitely should come off the bench.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:12 am
I say Murph has a good game. He's going to make the Blazers pay for making him wear that mask.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:21 am
John Patrick wrote:Gee, I wonder who's gonna win the epic post battle tonight.

Zach Randolph vs. Mike Dunleavy. Ouch.

Don't forget Dun always seems to play well agains the Blazers (and the Cavs, for that matter... he only seems to suck against the rest of the league).
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:37 am
That's weird. But not as a PF will he play well.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:08 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I say Murph has a good game. He's going to make the Blazers pay for making him wear that mask.

Murph is going to be solid, as he usually is. His #'s for tonight will be...

15 pts., 16 rebs., 3 assists, 1 TO.

The question is: How badly is Dunleavy going to play?

The answer: That f*cking Bad! Dunleavy's #'s

6 pts.(1of 4 from the feild, 1 of 3 from the 3 pt. line and 1 of 2 from the FT line), 4 rebs., 4 assists, 5 TO's, 26 mins.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:08 pm
if they lose to portland, the fans will be pissed off, plus are season is not starting out the way it should have
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:38 pm
Big B wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I say Murph has a good game. He's going to make the Blazers pay for making him wear that mask.

Murph is going to be solid, as he usually is. His #'s for tonight will be...

15 pts., 16 rebs., 3 assists, 1 TO.

The question is: How badly is Dunleavy going to play?

The answer: That f*cking Bad! Dunleavy's #'s

6 pts.(1of 4 from the feild, 1 of 3 from the 3 pt. line and 1 of 2 from the FT line), 4 rebs., 4 assists, 5 TO's, 26 mins.

If Dun has another shitty game then watch for Nellie to cut his minutes.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:40 pm
If he hasn't already.

Remember, Nelson called Dunleavy "a disaster" after Game 1. I expect Ike (who played head and shoulders better than Dun) to get more minutes than him tonight... even if Dun starts.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 5:59 pm
AB needs more minutes!! warriors are so soft inside
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:23 pm
Check this little article out:

Mike Dunleavy Jr.: Could Move to Point Guard
Mike Dunleavy Jr.: Could Move to Point Guard

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Friday, November 3, 2006
Update: Due to his lack of rebounding, Warriors coach Don Nelson might shift Dunleavy to point guard and move Baron Davis to shooting guard, the Contra Costa Times reports

Recommendation: "I still like Mike (Dunleavy) a lot, but he's proven to me that he's not going to rebound," Nelson said. "He said he could get six or seven a game, and so far he's getting about two. He's just not a rebounder. So I've got to figure out a way around that problem." Nelson called Dunleavy a "natural power forward" before the season began but his inability to rebound is causing Nelson to re-think his strategy. A move to point guard could help increase Dunleavy's assist numbers but his field goal attempts and points could take a hit.

Is this a f'ing joke? This attempt by Nellie to force Dunleavy into the offense is only going to increase Dunleavy's TO #s. Lets hope he at least gets some assists out of this experiment.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:23 pm
Yeah, I heard this... letting him split ball-carrier duties with Baron.

It'll get more use out of him. So far (on his career), his assist to turnover ratio is decent enough. This also lets Baron be more of a scorer, which is good.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:30 pm
Some people were so convinced that dun would do well at PF and now they seem convinced that PG is the position for him. He will likely disappoint

migya make the ring fall on ya

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:33 pm
See, this is what I mean by people on this site wanting Dun to fail, just read these messages on this thread. He hasn't even played and his numbers are dismal! The WHOLE Warrior team played poorly on opening night, not just Mike D. Monte played good, but not great if you judge the whole game.
As for tonight against Zach - if Mike gets 15-18 and Zach gets 25, I'll take it. We are better in enough of the other spots on the floor.
As for the Blazers, they are still a decent team - not too many doormats left in the NBA.
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:51 pm
sleepyfloyd wrote:See, this is what I mean by people on this site wanting Dun to fail, just read these messages on this thread. He hasn't even played and his numbers are dismal! The WHOLE Warrior team played poorly on opening night, not just Mike D. Monte played good, but not great if you judge the whole game.
As for tonight against Zach - if Mike gets 15-18 and Zach gets 25, I'll take it. We are better in enough of the other spots on the floor.
As for the Blazers, they are still a decent team - not too many doormats left in the NBA.

If dun is PF and matched up against Randolph, if he gets 10 points it would be a great showing!

Dun is no rookie! He has been playing for 4 full seasons and been nothing but a disgrace! His start this season is just a continuation of the rest of his career thus far!

We all hope he gets better but hoping for something that has shown time and time again to show no hope, is not a logical thing

migya make the ring fall on ya
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads