Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2006-11-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Jason Richardson be ready for the season opener?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:44 am

YES
87%
NO
13%

Total votes : 15

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:49 am
TMC wrote:From the ESPN recap:

Nelson ripped his entire team, but reserved particular disdain for Davis, who "pounded the ball too much," and Mike Dunleavy, who "was a disaster. He didn't rebound, he didn't score, he didn't do anything."

It starts soon for Dun. I'm sure he's trying to motivate both players... but I'm pretty sure it won't work for Dun. Not playing at PF. He'll get abused every single night at that position.

That's the obvious. Nelson will have to rectify that as soon as possible

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:02 am
Boy, were all you guys wrong about the opener. Especially you Odom bashers. he look liked a man against little boys. you guys should all apologize to Odom and the Lakers. I hate the Lakers but they kicked the Warriors collective asses all over the Oracle Arena.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:10 am
ReginaldLewis wrote:Boy, were all you guys wrong about the opener. Especially you Odom bashers. he look liked a man against little boys. you guys should all apologize to Odom and the Lakers. I hate the Lakers but they kicked the Warriors collective asses all over the Oracle Arena.

Who bashed Odom?. We were discussing if he was going to get +30 points... and he didn't. We all knew he was going to play well against us. The discussion was exactly how well.

All Star
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:19 am

Nelson ripped his entire team, but reserved particular disdain for Davis, who "pounded the ball too much," and Mike Dunleavy, who "was a disaster. He didn't rebound, he didn't score, he didn't do anything."

It starts soon for Dun. I'm sure he's trying to motivate both players... but I'm pretty sure it won't work for Dun. Not playing at PF. He'll get abused every single night at that position.

Make that at any position and i will agree with you. He was the worst starting SF in the league last year and he will be the worst starting PF in the league this year.

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:24 am
Murphy missed several layups.... SEVERAL, we were in foul trouble all night, and we gave away too many and 1. DAMMIT if you are going to foul FOUL THEM, dont touch them and let them get a layup.

Its tough to run when the other team gets offense of rebound on several occasions. Watching it on the TV you can tell players were tentative, and the only players who came to play were Baron and Beidrins. Say what you want about Baron but our offense looked stagnant and he kept us in the game the entire night.

Beidrins did his thing on the defense of end with blocking shots but no one can or did box out on rebounds.

Make our free throws and we win basketball games (PERIOD)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:30 am
BT wrote:Well that was a pretty shitty night, pretty pissed about the whole game as I do get pretty amped up and exicted for each game and I've been looking foward to the Warriors opener all summer, but at least I got one thing right.

Big B: Odom didn't get 35+ 8)

The Warriors also didn't win. Looks like everybody was wrong on that prediction. :banghead:

I did go a bit far by suggesting 35 + pts. for Odom, but I knew that Dunleavy's defense was going to be nonexistant.

Dunleavy was the ultimate nonfactor on the court. Why was he allowed 26 minutes? He should be keeping the end of the bench warm with Foyle.

My new starting 5:

1. Baron
2. Monta
3. J-Rich
4. Murph
5. Biendrins

With this line up, Ike would be the 6th man, and would come in for Biendrins near the end of the 1st quarter, shifting Murph to the 5 spot...

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:10 pm
Quite simply... the way we played, we didnt deserve to win.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:36 pm
Nelson is on Knbr now :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:11 pm
MAN, Coach Nelson sounded depressed as hell. I hope he's taking it out on the players.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:48 pm
ReginaldLewis wrote:

Make that at any position and i will agree with you. He was the worst starting SF in the league last year and he will be the worst starting PF in the league this year.

the difference is that the league, especially the west, is Power Forward loaded. You never get a night off at PF in today's nba
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:12 pm
Have to agree there. Tomorrow night, for example, Dun's gonna get pounded by Zach Randolph.

My thoughts for the game: Sloppy, sloppy. J-Rich wasn't up to full snuff, Pietrus underperformed, Murphy blamed his mask for his missed layups and shots so he needs to get that off ASAP. Dung was horrible, I'm sure everyone agrees. Diogu needs to foul less, and holy crap the free throws were terrible. Sloppy defense, Odom dominated Dun. Get that "natural 4" crap outta my ears, I agree that Dun needs to come off the bench as a 3. Good performance by Monta, Murphy rebounded well (although no one else really did), Barnes and Roberson have promise, Baron did well (needs to raise %'s, would force less shots if his teammates would HELP OUT more).

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:48 pm
Nellie mentioned on KNBR he might play Dun at the point with baron at the 2.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:18 pm
Bad idea. The point is to outrun the other team, and I really can't imagine Dunleavy sparking a fast break. He can't run. Give Baron the point.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:30 pm
Not to mention that dun won't be able to guard the other PG. SF is the place for him and PF when there is a favourable matchup, such as against the Hawks maybe and Celtics where no great PF plays as of yet.

Dun must really have a confidence problem and I reckon he may just be questioning himself. Feel sorry for him if that is the case because noone should have to feel that way but he has to understand that the nba is the pinnacle for basketball and that players are expected to do well and will get criticism if they don't.

If dun has a similar season to last season, wonder whether there is a real place for him other than off the bench

migya make the ring fall on ya
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:36 am
He's already proven that the place for him is the bench.
Previous

Return to Game Threads