Game Thread: Los Angeles Lakers @ Warriors 2006-11-01

Talk about the upcoming Warriors game here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Jason Richardson be ready for the season opener?

Poll ended at Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:44 am

YES
87%
NO
13%

Total votes : 15

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:41 pm
TMC wrote:
BT wrote:ima have to disagree with you Big B. Playing back to back nights with nonstop running offenses? Odom isn't gonna be in shape for this running, especially in the beginning of the season. I doubt he's even gonna reach 25, most likely around 10-20's with a good amount of rebounds though.

I'm with BT here. I don't think he'll be able to do it playing back to back games... It's too much, no matter who's the rival.

It would be too much if this were the middle or towards the end of the season. This is only the Lakers 2nd game. Odom's a professional that finally gets the spot light on him with the absence of Kobe.

I think Odom is up for the challange and is capable of a 35 + point night...

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:50 pm
:drinking: :drunken: Game Time Baby :!: Go Warriors Biatch :D
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:30 pm
No way is he getting 35 pts. His carreer high is 34! He's not going to have career nights twice in a row! He'll play well though - maybe 25 pts. Really, it won't be as much about stopping anybody, but more about who can get the most buckets. Also, if the Suns didn't have such a dry spell in shooting and so many mental errors they would have won last night.
Warriors - in a nail biter - by 4!
11 years of no playoffs and counting...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:29 pm
Let's get this started.. :drinking:

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:45 pm
Foyle in street clothes...

FELLAS its a great start already

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:18 pm
Considering I'm skipping midterm cramming and am watching this game from LA (college), that was almost not worth it, even if I only watched the last 16 or so minutes. The W's played like they did last year...

Props to Monta though. I hear Baron did well but I missed that part. Murphy was terrible at FTs and can't guard for beans. And Dunleavy looked overwhelmed at the point when I saw him run it.

Turiaf absolutely abused us and our weak interior defense...

The W's better be better by the time I watch the Warriors-Kings game. Please do a good job Nellie.
”I have a genuine interest in both [the Pacers and the Warriors]. My only focus is getting back to the playoffs and eventually competing for a championship.” - Al Harrington
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:46 pm
That was a difficult game to watch. I kept hoping the Dubs would turn it on at any time, but never got going. 42% FG, 3-19 w/ 3PT (16%), and 64% FT. Dung played like crap and the rest just mediocre to very bad. And Monta mainly got his points when the game was out of hand. It was not Run-and-Gun, that’s for damn sure. I hope it’s just first game jitters, and the first real game with the new ball. Why did they change this sh*t anyway? It looks dull like a rubber ball and sounds dull on a miss and even on an all net.

Oh well, 1st game.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:22 am
im so pist i watched this damn game instead of studying.

what happen to fast pace warriors?

every damn possesion was isolation. at least we got to the line alot, but.. making free throws once again is a problem. its great how one of the few times ima be able to see my team play from ucsb, and they stink it up.

lets just make dunleavy the scape goat. cheers.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:26 am
CjR wrote:That was a difficult game to watch. I kept hoping the Dubs would turn it on at any time, but never got going. 42% FG, 3-19 w/ 3PT (16%), and 64% FT. Dung played like crap and the rest just mediocre to very bad. And Monta mainly got his points when the game was out of hand. It was not Run-and-Gun, that’s for damn sure. I hope it’s just first game jitters, and the first real game with the new ball. Why did they change this sh*t anyway? It looks dull like a rubber ball and sounds dull on a miss and even on an all net.

Oh well, 1st game.

I had the same feeling, I couldn't let myself watch it continuously. Mickael Pietrus has not shown me he is worthy of starting, so is Dunleavy. I credit the Lakers though, they played well and stopped the Warrios most of the time. We still have 81 games to go so yea, it's not like we lost the whole season.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:45 am
Well that was a pretty shitty night, pretty pissed about the whole game as I do get pretty amped up and exicted for each game and I've been looking foward to the Warriors opener all summer, but at least I got one thing right.

Big B: Odom didn't get 35+ 8)
New. Stuff.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:45 am
This being only the first game gives me a sigh of relief. But the slow start gives me something to worry about. I watched the game, I was there, and I had a hard time enjoying it at times. The free throw shooting was killing them. 1/2 continuously won't cut it. As the booing started pouring in, I took a close look at what else was wrong.

- The defense was nonexistent. They let the Lakers drive in too easy. There were nice stops but none could outrank the defensive effort the Warriors put up.

- They looked stale, sluggish, lazy. They weren't moving around. Each Warrior stayed in one spot the whole time. The only time they moved was when the ball was penetrated in.

- Baron created, hardly anyone would help finish. Baron was going inside, no one went for the tip or rebound.

- Speaking of rebounds, no one boxed out. If they did, it was off a free throw or so.

- They missed open jumpers. They had many chances but missed.

- Other than Baron, everyone who brought the ball up the court had a hard time bringing it up contested. I don't know if I should blame this one on the handling skills of the Warriors or the new ball but there were too many times they turned the ball over because they couldn't hold onto the ball.

- They were missing key shots. Those little shots ... easy two pointers. In other words, they missed layups.

- Not enough ball movement. If anyone remembers, back when Nellie was around in the Run TMC era, it was pass, move, pass, move, and ect. The Warriors passed, looked, dribbled, shot. They need to move consistently if they are to win over the momentum.

- During a couple timeouts, Nelson didn't seem too pleased with Baron's play. He was talking to Baron as they were walking to the bench but he just looked away. (Just wanted to say this because of chemistry issues.)

- No intensity. None at all. It seemed so boring during the 2nd-mid 4th quarters.

Jrich seemed fine. He should be pouring in those points in a week or so. Baron's love of jacking up a 3 pointer was never seen. Dunleavy was being, well ... Dunleavy. Murphy seemed soft, but hit it when he was open at times. Monta was the bright spot, showing off his offensive skills. Ike just couldn't create at times. Others like Barnes, Roberson, McCloud played like expected. Biedrins shot blocked and finished when Baron gave him the ball.

All those mistakes are correctable. I know it's only the first game but the intensity needs to step up. Disappointed with today's performance, yes. But hey, they have 81 more games to prove they are really something.

Bright spots for the Lakers were Odom(again) and Turiaf.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:00 am
Odom kicked arse again and dun is back to his awfully shiit ways! Should have beaten the Lakers with the start they had but just a showing like last season!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:17 am
jrich looked real tenative, maybe because he doesnt fully trust that knee yet which is understandable. hopefully he rounds into shape within a couple of weeks.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:09 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- The defense was nonexistent. They let the Lakers drive in too easy. There were nice stops but none could outrank the defensive effort the Warriors put up.

Something we already knew. I don't think anybody expects good defense from this team... we're going to win outscoring our rivals.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- They looked stale, sluggish, lazy. They weren't moving around. Each Warrior stayed in one spot the whole time. The only time they moved was when the ball was penetrated in.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- Not enough ball movement. If anyone remembers, back when Nellie was around in the Run TMC era, it was pass, move, pass, move, and ect. The Warriors passed, looked, dribbled, shot. They need to move consistently if they are to win over the momentum.

Bad sign. That's one of the things we have to rely on to win games. Constant movement.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- Baron created, hardly anyone would help finish. Baron was going inside, no one went for the tip or rebound.

Also expected, with our inside game... unless you thought Dunleavy was going to do so...

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- Speaking of rebounds, no one boxed out. If they did, it was off a free throw or so.

See the previous comment. Right now, everybody should know how I feel about Murphy, too. Once again, expected.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- They missed open jumpers. They had many chances but missed.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- They were missing key shots. Those little shots ... easy two pointers. In other words, they missed layups.

Another key to get wins. We can't shoot bad %, as we will allow lots of easy baskets due to our lack of defense.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- Other than Baron, everyone who brought the ball up the court had a hard time bringing it up contested. I don't know if I should blame this one on the handling skills of the Warriors or the new ball but there were too many times they turned the ball over because they couldn't hold onto the ball.

Wasn't Dun supposed to help at that?. He was touted as the one that would open the court and free up Baron to play...

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- During a couple timeouts, Nelson didn't seem too pleased with Baron's play. He was talking to Baron as they were walking to the bench but he just looked away. (Just wanted to say this because of chemistry issues.)

I wouldn't care much about chemistry after only one game. Nellie was probably pissed about the whole game.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:- No intensity. None at all. It seemed so boring during the 2nd-mid 4th quarters.

Maybe they thought it was going to be a walk in the park without Kobe... Well, it wasn't. Let's hope they play more motivated against the Blazers.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Bright spots for the Lakers were Odom(again) and Turiaf.

Turiaf is only a by-product of playing against our defense. He won't play like that every game... Many unknown (inside) players will look like future stars playing against us.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:43 am
From the ESPN recap:

Nelson ripped his entire team, but reserved particular disdain for Davis, who "pounded the ball too much," and Mike Dunleavy, who "was a disaster. He didn't rebound, he didn't score, he didn't do anything."

It starts soon for Dun. I'm sure he's trying to motivate both players... but I'm pretty sure it won't work for Dun. Not playing at PF. He'll get abused every single night at that position.
PreviousNext

Return to Game Threads