Players Don Nelson Will Help/Hinder

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Nelson's overall effect make the Warriors better or worse as a whole?

Much Better! 50 Wins!
29%
He'll wake up Golden State's talent... 40 wins.
63%
Nelson won't help. Same record.
5%
He'll pull a Larry Brown and actually make the team WORSE.
2%

Total votes : 41

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:51 am
Big B wrote:If I'm the coach of the opposing team, I would design a play to where my best free throw shooter is being defended by Ike. Chances are Ike fouls my player and my player is on the line for 2, or my player takes it straight to Ike and scores the bucket...

And if I'm the coach of the opposing team, I'd tell my guys to start fouling like crazy against that lineup. Hack-a-warrior... :wink:
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:54 am
TMC wrote:
Big B wrote:If I'm the coach of the opposing team, I would design a play to where my best free throw shooter is being defended by Ike. Chances are Ike fouls my player and my player is on the line for 2, or my player takes it straight to Ike and scores the bucket...

And if I'm the coach of the opposing team, I'd tell my guys to start fouling like crazy against that lineup. Hack-a-warrior... :wink:

Good one! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:04 am
Big B wrote:Ike is more of a traditional PF with crafty moves, but he's not a shot blocking threat and he hacks too much.

I disagree. Don't let the stats fool you; Ike is a damn good man-to-man defender. The problem is, he didn't know the playbook last year, so he got beat on help defense. But Ike is a shot-blocker... and he'll show it in time.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:10 am
#32 wrote:
Big B wrote:Ike is more of a traditional PF with crafty moves, but he's not a shot blocking threat and he hacks too much.

I disagree. Don't let the stats fool you; Ike is a damn good man-to-man defender. The problem is, he didn't know the playbook last year, so he got beat on help defense. But Ike is a shot-blocker... and he'll show it in time.

The other problem was that he didn't get the PT. I know Ike hustles on both ends of the floor, but I'm not comfortable calling him a shot blocker yet, we'll see in time...
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 5:43 pm
Don't get me wrong; he'll never be Alonzo Mourning. But I can see him as a Joe Smith kind of defender; just good enough to keep the defense on their toes. Not a league leader; just a level below them.

1.0-1.5 BPG, I envision him getting.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Previous

Return to Warriors Basketball