Diogu for JHoward

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:00 pm
You are very right with your last few posts JRICH!

Diogu did play well when his confidence was up and that was because he was the focal point of the offense. It is also true that post players have never been a focal point for Nelson. That is why I think that maybe it is best to trade him while the memory of his past performances are still fairly recent! If he doesn't have any similar performances this season, he will have a lower trade value

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:40 pm
Ike will prove you guy's wrong, I have seen Ike run the floor very well this preseason, fill the lane and finish with some ferocious dunks in traffic :!: Ike is really in his first NBA training camp and will be a factor under Nelson :!: Watch.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:18 pm
Thank You Mr. Moderator!!!

Only a true basketball fan would see this!!! That's why Ike has to help us out and give us something of value in return!!! Only oldschool fans of Nellie know how the man's plays his players...What works and what doesn't... Unfortunately the odd man is our man Ike...

I would like for him to be the next Brand!!! But in no way do I see it happening under Nellie...His defense is horrible and non existence...
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:31 am
J-Rich wrote:Thank You Mr. Moderator!!!

Only a true basketball fan would see this!!! That's why Ike has to help us out and give us something of value in return!!! Only oldschool fans of Nellie know how the man's plays his players...What works and what doesn't... Unfortunately the odd man is our man Ike...

I would like for him to be the next Brand!!! But in no way do I see it happening under Nellie...His defense is horrible and non existence...

This is what I heard he would become...the next Elton Brand. I agree, on what you've said, but if Ike can hustle and understand Nellie's playbook, then he can become an Elton Brand who can run the floor more. He is the odd man out, and he will never receive the chance unless he meets Nelson's expectations which are (1) run 'n gunnin, and (2) adapting the new offense/defense. He'll first want to work on those two things, adding defense and more offensive post skills can be saved for later. He needs those two in order to get the minutes from last year. And if he does, we'll be hearing Ike's name from the PA announcer during the presenting of the Warriors starting 5.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:33 am
About the defense, I expect him to improve till, at least, be serviceable. Right now is non-existant, but he's like a rookie all over again (as last season under Monty doesn't count much)...

Give him time. He's too good down low to pass on him right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:20 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:This is what I heard he would become...the next Elton Brand. I agree, on what you've said, but if Ike can hustle and understand Nellie's playbook, then he can become an Elton Brand who can run the floor more. He is the odd man out, and he will never receive the chance unless he meets Nelson's expectations which are (1) run 'n gunnin, and (2) adapting the new offense/defense. He'll first want to work on those two things, adding defense and more offensive post skills can be saved for later. He needs those two in order to get the minutes from last year. And if he does, we'll be hearing Ike's name from the PA announcer during the presenting of the Warriors starting 5.

But it is no good for Diogu to go away from his strengths to learn the speed and shoot game! Either he is used now for his great skills or he is hyped up for those skills and traded for something that would be used.

I'd like nothing more than to keep Diogu but the chances are he won't be used much this season and for the next three seasons while Nelson is here (unless the players ahead of him really stuff up and he then gets a chance). He would possibly be used by the next coach but Diogu might be disinterested by then (which happens!), could have lost some skill by not practicing as hard and by being disinterested and his rookie contract would be over and he could tell Mullin or whoever the GM is to go get fuked and rightfully so and he'd leave

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:58 am
Why hypothetically worst case scenario :?:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:44 am
It's actually a probable situation IF Nelson's statements and past history continue to ring true. Hope that it isn't but it is probable

Previous

Return to Trades