What's your Poison?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:57 pm
Big B wrote:
Thunder wrote:FAT TIRE.

Great Choice! Easily in my top 3.

Fat Tire is made by New Belgium Brewing Co. and they are said to be the most enviornmentally friendly brewery around. They recylce everything and use solar energy. They actually care about their employees and have the a reputation of being the best company to work for in northern Co...

Sounds great and I definately will start looking for this particular beer and props to that company as well!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:00 pm
breezer_79 wrote:I had a huge post typed out last night....and then the PC froze. :banghead: I was just a little pissed off to say the least, but I slept on it and I'm gonna give it another go, although this time I think I'll keep it simple.

I'm a spirits drinker on most occasions. Bourbon being my drink of choice, although I do like a vodka or Bacardi every now and then.
My favourite Bourbons would be Elijah Craig and Makers Mark, although I will drink pretty much any kind of bourbon you stick in front of me. Canadian Club also gets an honorable mention, although I have to be in the mood for it.

Beer - Well whats to say? A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer, and the best cold beer is Vic, Vic Bitter! hahahahaha I don't mind a tinnie or two of VB every now and then though. More quality beers I like a Boag's and Stella Artoir. Grolsch (sp?) is also descent. My Favourite cheap beer though would have to be Tooheys Extra Dry....kills me to say that as a Victorian. :oops: Oh well atleast I don't have to drink the same swill as my Queensland and West Australian friends.

Then there is wine - Can't say I'm huge on wine, a red goes nicely with certain meals but I've never really liked white wine or champagne for that matter. If I had to drink anything along those lines it would be Port. My old man has been collecting good port for years and has two barrels that he pours them all into. It sits in the larger barrel for upwards of five years and then goes into the smaller barrel to be consumed. It is Beautiful! Its honey flavoured gold I tells ya. Well ok, maybe I'm going a bit far, but it is a nice drop.

That pretty much sums it up for me I guess, except to say I'm not much of a drinker anymore, so don't get all that many opportunities to have a good session. Had a chance last weekend at my Cousins Engagement party. I made the most of it, and for the life of me, cannot remember the last hour of what went on. Although from what I've been told....probably not a bad thing, :bday:

Cheers Fellas.

great list there breezer!

I am into red wine at dinner if I'm eating steak or roasts. Some ports are alright but I haven't had some in years. Champagne I've never liked.

I am also much more into Bourbon than beer but in Australia there are some pretty good beers as well! For casual drinking, Carlton Ice and Hahn Ice! Corona and Heiniken are my favourites that I drink often but there are some boutique beers that are real nice!

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:03 am
Wild Turkey. Drinken by gangsta!!!!

Beer wise i like MGD... Kirian Ichiban and Coronas

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:52 pm
Holics drink anything and everything...But I have to admit I tried Red Stripe the other day for the first time ( I dunno why some of my friends like it ) and it taste like muddy beer . I'm with Migya in regards to Heiny's and Coronas but I've been known 2 kill 2 32's of highlife...then jump online( of course ). ---***030***---

I love the tatse of henny and heiny mixed, Jeru's favorite ya know...
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:48 am
zero3zero wrote:
I love the tatse of henny and heiny mixed, Jeru's favorite ya know...

Henny and Heiny mixed sounds disgusting! I'm not into mixing beer with hard liquor.

If you like henny, try henny and pineapple juice, or henny and apple juice. Good smooth stuff. 8)
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:41 pm
zero3zero wrote:Holics drink anything and everything...But I have to admit I tried Red Stripe the other day for the first time ( I dunno why some of my friends like it ) and it taste like muddy beer .

No way! Red Stripe is hella good! I have friends that don't even enjoy the taste of beer... but they'll drink Red Stripe.

zero3zero wrote:I'm with Migya in regards to Heiny's and Coronas

Henneken is mighty fine. Corona? Not so much. :wink:

zero3zero wrote:I love the tatse of henny and heiny mixed, Jeru's favorite ya know...

Now that's sadistic.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:28 pm

[/quote]

I'm not so high on coronas. They're more of a drink for my mexican friends.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:37 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:

I'm not so high on coronas. They're more of a drink for my mexican friends.[/quote]

Coronas are a good day time by the pool or at the beach beer...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:49 pm
No, Coronas are CHEAP beach or day by the pool beer.

I know a guy who works at a grocery store... he says that out of all the kids who get carded for trying to buy beer, the beer they try to buy most of the time is Corona. It's an immature, cheap, high school beer. He says others include MGD and Keystone.

I've been buying Henneken since I was 17. Nobody batted an eye. It's an older guy's drink.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:43 pm
#32 wrote:I've been buying Henneken since I was 17. Nobody batted an eye. It's an older guy's drink.

That's just because that bushy beard made you look like 20 years older :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:41 am
Chin goatee... and you might be right.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:02 am
#32 wrote:No, Coronas are CHEAP beach or day by the pool beer.

I'll give you that, they are "cheap" as in not quality, but what makes them a good all day beer is that you can drink 6 - 12 of them, get a nice little buzz and still be able to function and party at night...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:17 pm
I'll agree with that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:04 pm
Big B wrote:
#32 wrote:No, Coronas are CHEAP beach or day by the pool beer.

I'll give you that, they are "cheap" as in not quality, but what makes them a good all day beer is that you can drink 6 - 12 of them, get a nice little buzz and still be able to function and party at night...

That's probably the most attractive thing about coraonas. They are not something to get pissed on but are nice to drink and last the whole night

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum