Diogu

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:11 pm
Oh, I agree. Ike is a better long-term bet. Odom is a proven Jamison-level guy (a good player to have 2nd or 3rd in command), but Diogu has star potential.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:16 am
#32 wrote:I agree. I'd love to see Odom as a Warrior. But don't be mistaken into claiming this guy's a "great" playmaker. Jason Kidd is a great playmaker. Steve Nash is a great playmaker. Brevin Knight, Baron Davis, Magic Johnson, John Stockdown... all 'great' playmakers.

Lamar Odom averaged how many last year? 5? And it led his team??! Wow...

Lamar Odom is a great playmaker for his size and position, maybe the best in the league. He shouldn't be compared with PGs.. he's not one.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:56 am
Well, if we wanna swing it that way, why don't we call Brad Miller a "great" playmaker?

The term "for his position" is key. miggy didn't specify. He's making it seem like Odom's playmaking skills would outdo Baron Davis' on the team. That's BS.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:53 am
get real, we already have a point forward in dunleavy who is playing very well so far. give up on a young bruising scoring machine in diogu, for an overrated lamar odom who has never won anything? put down the crack pipe.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:51 pm
Even though I think it's far from that simple, I agree with you, chronic. Well said.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:57 pm
And dun has proven alot - That he is shiit!

Odom has plenty of skills and would be a great fit in the team but it would be quite hard to get him, that's all!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:56 am
Odom has proven he is above-average, but not a star. He's a 7-8 out of 10. Not a bad guy to have around.

But I wouldn't bet Diogu for him. Especially to the Lakers, who already have Andrew Bynum! Can we say: 'Twin Towers'???

Two huge post threats are what made the Spurs a powerhouse team. The Lakers are in our division, mind you. Maybe it would be wiser to trade the opposite direction (go after Bynum), rather than dump Diogu (a budding star) into their lap.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:35 am
#32 wrote:Odom has proven he is above-average, but not a star. He's a 7-8 out of 10. Not a bad guy to have around.

Then dun is a 2 at best! And guys like Rashard Lewis are 7 at best because Odom does much more!

Odom has star potential and produces very well! He is the glue that makes a few players be able to thrive and Kobe would not have it so easy if it were a scorer alongside him instead of a playermaker and allrounder like Odom!

#32 wrote:But I wouldn't bet Diogu for him. Especially to the Lakers, who already have Andrew Bynum! Can we say: 'Twin Towers'???

Can we say HAHAHAHAHAHA :mrgreen:
Small chance Bynum ends up anything good!

#32 wrote:Two huge post threats are what made the Spurs a powerhouse team. The Lakers are in our division, mind you. Maybe it would be wiser to trade the opposite direction (go after Bynum), rather than dump Diogu (a budding star) into their lap.

You are right on the same division thing but my point is getting someone in return that would be used alot more

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:03 am
Also, keep in mind that Odom hasn't played at his top level since he was traded to the Lakers. Playing with Kobe will do that to you.

My point is that the Lamar Odom that played for Miami is a wonderful player to have. An All Star (although he was robbed of that berth for Anthony Mason, who didn't deserve it as much) that delivers in so many levels that is hard to find another player like him... Hasn't been the case in L.A. so far (even tho he's been playing some good bball).
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:28 am
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:Odom has proven he is above-average, but not a star. He's a 7-8 out of 10. Not a bad guy to have around.

Then dun is a 2 at best! And guys like Rashard Lewis are 7 at best because Odom does much more!

Odom has star potential and produces very well! He is the glue that makes a few players be able to thrive and Kobe would not have it so easy if it were a scorer alongside him instead of a playermaker and allrounder like Odom!

What does this have to do with Dunleavy? You're proposing we trade Ike for him. That's ludacrous. Ike has a way bigger upside.

migya wrote:
#32 wrote:But I wouldn't bet Diogu for him. Especially to the Lakers, who already have Andrew Bynum! Can we say: 'Twin Towers'???

Can we say HAHAHAHAHAHA :mrgreen:
Small chance Bynum ends up anything good!

Purely your opinion. Bynum is a beast, whether you'll give him props or not. Hopefully, he gets more chances this year to shine.

migya wrote:
#32 wrote:Two huge post threats are what made the Spurs a powerhouse team. The Lakers are in our division, mind you. Maybe it would be wiser to trade the opposite direction (go after Bynum), rather than dump Diogu (a budding star) into their lap.

You are right on the same division thing but my point is getting someone in return that would be used alot more

I'm not opposed to aquiring Odom. Just not for Ike.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:45 am
I think that if we could trade diogu and not much else except salary balancers for odom then we should obviously do it but that ain't happening
ImageImage

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 2:45 pm
Bynum's pretty darn good IMO...Agreed with 32 cuz Andrew will pan out to be a force. NO WAY THE LAKERS BITE THOUGH---***030***---
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:14 pm
Yeah I think Bynum will pan out to be one of the best in time. The Lakers do have a history with high schoolers ... one name in particular is currently one of the best.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 12:59 am
My thing was just to come up with a proposal for Diogu, as it looks like he will not get much time. Aiming for Odom with just Digu is not realistic because Diogu has not shown as much as Odom

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:12 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah I think Bynum will pan out to be one of the best in time. The Lakers do have a history with high schoolers ... one name in particular is currently one of the best.

I want to see Bynum before saying anything about him. It's not the same to develop a player like Kobe (probably the easiest high schooler to develop that ever was drafted) than Bynum... some of those big men don't really get it at the next level and don't improve as much as was expected.

He looks good right now (for his age), but time will tell...
PreviousNext

Return to Trades