Trade for Ike

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:05 am
I would trade Ike and maybe another one of our guards to for a unprotected draft pick!!! Maybe the W's might get lucky and that pick fall in the top 4 or 5 this yr. and maybe we'll be able to draft a young stud!!!

Is Kevin Durant available this year???Dunno with all these high school rules now?

Making this type of trade to bad team would be like when the Bulls traded away Curry to the Knicks!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:52 pm
Why? Ike Diogu is a solid player. You're proposing we trade him in hopes of getting another solid player in the draft?

I wouldn't trade Diogu for a draft pick. Ever.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:51 pm
Why are we making such a big deal of this? Sure, Ike won't be getting more than probably 10 minutes a night, but why are we giving up on him just because he hasn't hustled enough to play in Nellie's style? Just because he hasn't hustled and learned the playbook gives us no reason to doubt Ike just yet. Giving up on him now and just trading him away will be the biggest mistake we can make right now. And if you support that you are not a Warriors fan.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:39 pm
A draft pick is way too little, I really only want a young and good SF in return for Diogu.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:54 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Why are we making such a big deal of this? Sure, Ike won't be getting more than probably 10 minutes a night, but why are we giving up on him just because he hasn't hustled enough to play in Nellie's style? Just because he hasn't hustled and learned the playbook gives us no reason to doubt Ike just yet. Giving up on him now and just trading him away will be the biggest mistake we can make right now. And if you support that you are not a Warriors fan.

Real talk.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:30 pm
i have a question to u guys why do u want to trade ike right now? i way to erly and its only preseaon.Wait till the trading deadline and see if he learn the damn playbook if he didnt then we trade him for a draft pick to get greg odan
This is the year
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:35 pm
Guys who want to trade Ike prematurely are alarmists, like Tim Kawakami. They fret about bad things before they happen. It's wasted energy.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:20 pm
There is alot of this behavior on this board :roll:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:59 pm
Well, its been this way for at least a year. I doubt it's gonna change. Apparently, whiners are the dominant race in the Bay.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:23 pm
Yeah, but I sympathize with the whiners, they're whining for good reason. Look at the Warriors!

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:26 pm
Yea before it was don't resign J Rich early because he can't dribble or shoot and only jumps off 1 leg :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:29 pm
John Patrick wrote:Yeah, but I sympathize with the whiners, they're whining for good reason. Look at the Warriors!

I'm looking.

I don't feel any need to bitch and moan at every move management makes. Call me crazy, but I think Dajuan Wagner and Nelly were good pickups (as opposed to last year). I was a supporter of Derek Fisher all the way last year... and I think Wagner and Ellis will surpass what he was able to do (which is saying something, since Fisher helped us out a lot last season).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:47 pm
Now we all know, people will have something to talk about when a bad move is made. But to talk about it at the highest point makes no sense in doing. I know Dunleavy hasn't lived to his 3rd overall pick hype and has been upstaged by other members drafted after him, but we shouldn't be whining over that. At least he's done something since arriving. I mean yeah, there's no harm in criticizing the man, but people tend to overdo it and I don't see why there's a need to do so when we already know how you feel about him after you told us before. Unless you can give consructive critism, then don't talk about the topic anymore.

This is why I don't see why so many are so high on trading Ike just because of he hasn't learned the whole playbook and hasn't hustled enough. He's only played in the NBA for one season. If you say you want him traded because he'd be useless this year, shut your mouth and stick all your Warrior related items up your as$. This just proves you've given up on not only Ike, but the Warriors too. I have nothing else to say...
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:16 pm
You don't have to say anything else. You're totally right.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:21 pm
:D :D :D
Next

Return to Trades