Players Don Nelson Will Help/Hinder

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Will Nelson's overall effect make the Warriors better or worse as a whole?

Much Better! 50 Wins!
29%
He'll wake up Golden State's talent... 40 wins.
63%
Nelson won't help. Same record.
5%
He'll pull a Larry Brown and actually make the team WORSE.
2%

Total votes : 41

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:08 am
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:Dun and Murphy are weak at their current position! Dun will have to outquick his opponent and shoot well from the outside to have a chance of being an asset. Murphy will have to shoot well and try his best to outwork his opponents for him to be an asset

Great. If Dunleavy shoots around 35%, he'll be above most 4's from the arc.

And Murphy's always been one of the Warriors hardest workers.

This sounds like a great idea. :)

Well ofcourse it does Broe...... I mean #32 :mrgreen:

But if we want to win, let's put them on the bench! :)

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:27 am
Sounds like positive thinking, JRich... er, miggy. :wink:

Come on, be serious, are you honestly claiming that Troy Murphy isn't one of the hardest workers on the team??? You're denying a guy props who has averaged a double-double in 3 of his last 4 seasons (and it would have been 4, had an injury not taken him out)???

This is blind hatred. Nothing more.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:35 pm
On the bench? I'm not sure why you'd want to bench Murphy. I understand Dunleavy but not Murphy. Like #32 explained, this man is a hardworker. He goes in every night not trying to do what Shaq would've done in his prime or what Yao could do every night. He goes in every night trying his best rebounding no matter the size of the man he has to box out or scoring over the defender he must get by. It'd be a mistake to bench Murphy. He may not be that huge star but he can play and he does a hell of a job at it. If he can run the floor and bring in a double-double every night, I'll be just fine.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:41 pm
#32 wrote:Sounds like positive thinking, JRich... er, miggy. :wink:

Come on, be serious, are you honestly claiming that Troy Murphy isn't one of the hardest workers on the team??? You're denying a guy props who has averaged a double-double in 3 of his last 4 seasons (and it would have been 4, had an injury not taken him out)???

This is blind hatred. Nothing more.

Having dun come off the bench (leave the team actually) is a no brainer but with Murphy, it's having Diogu start!

Murphy works hard enough but still does not make a huge diference in the team winning, not as much as Diogu would anyway

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:54 am
Who wants to bench Murphy?. We have to play him 45 minutes per night and let him collect more meaningless stats so we can trade him soon for someone that can make some impact. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:47 am
TMC wrote:Who wants to bench Murphy?. We have to play him 45 minutes per night and let him collect more meaningless stats so we can trade him soon for someone that can make some impact. :wink:

No that's dun............ but the nerd can never rack up anything but bad tempered tantrums :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:37 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:On the bench? I'm not sure why you'd want to bench Murphy. I understand Dunleavy but not Murphy. Like #32 explained, this man is a hardworker. He goes in every night not trying to do what Shaq would've done in his prime or what Yao could do every night. He goes in every night trying his best rebounding no matter the size of the man he has to box out or scoring over the defender he must get by. It'd be a mistake to bench Murphy. He may not be that huge star but he can play and he does a hell of a job at it. If he can run the floor and bring in a double-double every night, I'll be just fine.

Good to hear some real talk. Murphy is a Warrior. And, now, he's our center. He's no longer blocking Diogu; Dunleavy is. And Dunleavy won't be, once Ike learns the damn playbook. Don't blame the guys in front of him for his own inadequate ability to know where he's at, miggy. That's the only reason he's riding pine right now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:22 am
#32 wrote:He's no longer blocking Diogu

He won't be blocking anything! A real Center

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:54 pm
I supposed you'd rather have Andris Biedrins starting ahead of Murphy. :roll:

Biedrins' only huge skill is shot-blocking. See Adonal Foyle for that one. Biedrins is an average rebounder (nothing special) and hasn't proven to be a factor on offense.

Troy Murphy is a nightly double-double. His rebounding is amoung the league's best (regardless of what kind of conspiracy theories people will groan on about). Plus, his range extends further out than two steps from the bucket (something Biedrins can't say). Murphy is solid and consistent. We need more guys like that.

You're one of the few people that believe 15 and 10 a night is a bad thing. :-k
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:20 pm
4 rebounds in 14 minutes a game is not too shabby! That's about on par with Murph! And plus two, Biedrins gets really tough rebounds, ones that Foyle or Murphy would never get!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:14 pm
Foyle? Sure.
Murphy? Doubtful.

Troy Murphy doesn't get enough credit for his rebounding, but he shouldn't be stepped on by some kid who goes for 16 and 8 one night... then disappears in the same amount of minutes the next day.

Murphy's a good rebounder... and he's a consistent rebounder (something nobody else on the team, but Richardson and Diogu, can say).
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:47 pm
True but I still rank Biedrins rebounding very high...and he has the potential to surpass Murph. (I think he will)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:03 pm
I think Biedrins can be the 2nd or 3rd best rebounder on the team (behind Murph... and maybe Ike, given enough playing time).

I don't see anything special in the way he boards.
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:11 pm
I do, I guess it comes down to opinion. If he gains consistency then he'll be 2nd best, maybe moving up to best.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:29 pm
You think he can outrebound Ike...?

When Ike was given big minutes, he averaged 9 boards a game. When Biedrins starts, he averages 8. :dontknow:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball