Why do People Fight?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:59 am
http://www.goldenstwarriors.com/viewtop ... 5536#45536

TMC wrote:What was that about?. This is the off-topic forum, which means anybody can post about anything as long as it doesn't go against the rules. And this topic doesn't.

Anyone that doesn't like the topic, please, don't post in it. There's no need to start a quarrel for nothing.

NOW We're Talking
THIS WILL BECOME A NEW THREAD ... INSTANTLY
OFF TOPIC

WHY DO PEOPLE FIGHT?
I'm not sure, yet, I even have an answer.
I'm not sure, yet, given my "philosophy" that's the right question.
BUT .. I certainly wouldn't want to be thought of like Rodney King
Why can't people just "get along?"

Better questions might be ... maybe ..

What would it take to have people co-operate?
Appreciate? Each other? Reinforce each other?
Help - each other?
What would it take to actually create Peace in the Middle East?
On this Bulletin Board :roll: Forum?
Trouble with trying to exercise one's mind to come up with positive questions is ... it's a lot like ...

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:07 pm
Please read my other post in your other topic. I'm not fighting you. I'm simply saying something which I believe is true. As long as it's not against the rules, I can say whatever I want just like you can say whatever you want.

I'm not starting a fight. I'm not asking you to shut down your topics. I'm just asking you to hear us out instead of arguing back and even questioning our sig.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:21 pm
FORGET IT ..
SORRY I BROUGHT IT UP
Moderators ... You can delete this thread if you want.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:37 pm
Well there's not much here anyway but rmember, we all can say what we want, try not to directly attack and try not to take too much offense

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:33 am
Well Bob, since you did in fact bring it up....people fight because they disagree on one or more things that they beleive to be important or because they're in a belligerant mood and looking to fight. Sure thats a simplistic way of looking at it, but why stress over it?? I have to admit Bob, most of your posts are indeed confusing....whether thats by accident or by design I don't know, but to read some of your threads at times is like watching a giraffe and a rhino consumate a marriage....it doesn't make sense. Like the Mods have mentioned, what you post doesn't hurt anyone, but it sure does get some people riled up. Why is that?? I can only assume its through frustration, but I'm probably wrong. Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

Cheers.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:20 am
breezer_79 wrote:Well Bob, since you did in fact bring it up....people fight because they disagree on one or more things that they beleive to be important or because they're in a belligerant mood and looking to fight. Sure thats a simplistic way of looking at it, but why stress over it?? I have to admit Bob, most of your posts are indeed confusing....whether thats by accident or by design I don't know, but to read some of your threads at times is like watching a giraffe and a rhino consumate a marriage....it doesn't make sense. Like the Mods have mentioned, what you post doesn't hurt anyone, but it sure does get some people riled up. Why is that?? I can only assume its through frustration, but I'm probably wrong. Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

Cheers.

You're probably right. Although I can understand how someone can be frustrated by something that does not affect them personally... but maybe it's only me. :wink:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:04 am
How to stop the war in the middle east?

It's easy

SHOOT HOOPS, NOT IRAQI TROOPS!

In a country where you can't play a proper game of soccer for fear of landmines they really should consruct more basketball hoops on concrete surface rather then new oil fields.

Basketball is a very accessible game for the poverty stricken! Why do you think Bob it's the no.1 game played in prison apart from poker :x ( Cause i mean SingSing just not gonna have 18 holes out the back or a football feild <don't always believe Adam Sandler/Burt Reynolds film )

Constructing a basketball hoop in Iraq is simple and you can either beat/fight someone in a game of horse, 1 on 1, 3 on 3, 5 on 5 etc etc... but what would really get the Iraqi's into the game would be the constant teabagging of there grills ( I don't know any tribes in the world who enjoys the art of teabagging... but me thinks nuts in face can inspire people to search for flight )
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:58 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:How to stop the war in the middle east?

It's easy

Nice bumper sticker, but not a real policy.

The Middle East is a tangled web of nonsense. As long as these elements are in place:

1. Fanatical, religious, fundamental extremists
2. Money and power hungry outside interests.

Then there will never be peace in the Middle East.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:16 am
Big B wrote:Nice bumper sticker, but not a real policy.

The Middle East is a tangled web of nonsense. As long as these elements are in place:

Don't forget the other two, even more dangerous than those:

1. Fanatical extremist that use religion and fundamentalism to their own benefit.
2. Money and power hungry inside interests.

The Middle East is crazy right now. It's going to be a long, long conflict... and I can't foresee and easy end for it.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:30 pm
TMC wrote:
Big B wrote:Nice bumper sticker, but not a real policy.

Don't forget the other two, even more dangerous than those:

1. Fanatical extremist that use religion and fundamentalism to their own benefit.
2. Money and power hungry inside interests.

The Middle East is crazy right now. It's going to be a long, long conflict... and I can't foresee and easy end for it.

You know what, I had an Israeli art student who is studying in Perth come to my house yesterday to show his art work (he is trying to make some money) and we had a talk about the middle east. He said that he lives in jeruselum and that there are Jews, Christians and Muslims who live in peace and that only outside fantaics instigae things now and then. He says that what you see on TV is exaggerated and that it is the Americans that influence the Israelis as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:19 pm
breezer_79 wrote:Well Bob, since you did in fact bring it up....people fight because they disagree on one or more things that they beleive to be important or because they're in a belligerant mood and looking to fight. Sure thats a simplistic way of looking at it, but why stress over it?? I have to admit Bob, most of your posts are indeed confusing....whether thats by accident or by design I don't know, but to read some of your threads at times is like watching a giraffe and a rhino consumate a marriage....it doesn't make sense. Like the Mods have mentioned, what you post doesn't hurt anyone, but it sure does get some people riled up. Why is that?? I can only assume its through frustration, but I'm probably wrong. Anyways, thats my 2 cents.

Cheers.

I appreciate the comments.
I'm not totally sure why some folks, all folks {?}, find some of my postings confusing.
Maybe it's me. Maybe it's the subject matter. Maybe it's the audience.
I'm certainly thinking about it.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:38 pm
migya wrote:You know what, I had an Israeli art student who is studying in Perth come to my house yesterday to show his art work (he is trying to make some money) and we had a talk about the middle east. He said that he lives in jeruselum and that there are Jews, Christians and Muslims who live in peace and that only outside fantaics instigae things now and then. He says that what you see on TV is exaggerated and that it is the Americans that influence the Israelis as well

That's certainly one thing we need.
We need to see more real people in these environments.
We need to hear more about what they say.
We need a much better dialogue on all these communications devices.
We need a much higher quality of interaction.

We certainly can't feel bad not having the answers, because of the years and years and years that these problems have persisted ...

BUT ... if we decide we want to care then we could take advantage of
two processes .. setting goals and praying ..

Certainly couldn't hurt to visualize a peaceful middle east.
Even for a moment.
Certainly couldn't hurt to pray for peace in the Middle East.
I say it will benefit the person saying the prayer.

One person says, heck, why not. Doesn't hurt me. Takes little or no time.
Feels good.

Another person says yeah.
Another person, another person, another person.

Then someone at one of the Network News channel
decides to open the broadcast with a prayer for peace ... or maybe just setting the goal ... maybe even with just a crawl on the screen.
What a dumb idea, yes?
What about the results?

Dang

BUT ... do you see? Would it be confusing for me to say
SEE what I mean? I just thought of that idea. It's good? Isn't it?
I never would have thought of that idea if I hadn't decided to
talk about Iraq when I talk about goals. I never would have thought of that idea if I hadn't decided to talk about the Middle East when I talk about prayer. That idea will go absolutely nowhere if I'm the only one
thinking that way. But ... if the people at the networks were totally
goal oriented ... if they decided that they should include in their goals
a positive thought for "the state of the middle east."

Would it change anything?
Could they still report the news?

And, I never would talk so much about free throws if they didn't have so much to do with the process of setting goals.
The lessons are all in the doing.
The answers all come from the doing.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:47 pm
Big B wrote:

It's easy

Nice bumper sticker, but not a real policy.

Excellent Slogan ... I agree. I frankly, REALLY LIKE IT!
A great policy for YOU and ME.
Let's see ... do you think we could get Fox News to put that up
before every broadcast? The NBA?
It does fit the goal process.
People develop habits out of behaviors.
Substitute positive behavior for negative behavior and you end up with
a new positive habit.

Shoot Hoops - Not SoCô¿ôL Bob - Or Anybody On The Golden State Warriors ... Including Dunleavy !!! Image

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/P92eZ9XF9Z0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="345" height="280"></embed>
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:41 pm

It's easy

Giving YOU Credit For IT ...
Full Contact Poker Forum
And Spreading It Around The World !!!
I probably should have put it in the new video ...

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EHEAcfiENfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="340" height="280"></embed>

And Yet Ye Have Not Because Ye ASK Not ... James 4:2

ImageImage

Not Going To Make That Mistake Again
Last edited by SoCooLBob on Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:59 pm
breezer_79 wrote:Why stress over it??
Next

Return to Off-Topic Forum