Diogu for Gay

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:30 pm
Damn, miggy...

You really have no faith in Diogu's ability to learn the playbook.

Shipping him out before the season even starts?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:33 pm
Add Wagner to his hit list too :roll:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:32 pm
Nelson said Diogu's playing time is based on his ability to learn the playbook.

It's not Nelly's fault Ike isn't playing; it's Ike's. This was the knock on him last year. He didn't know where to be and when to be there. Great players kick their bad habbits (the truly special ones even turn them into strengths). If Ike kicks this one, I'd expect Nelly to insert him into the starting lineup.

If not... it's nobody's fault but his own. :oops:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:05 pm
#32 wrote:Nelson said Diogu's playing time is based on his ability to learn the playbook.

It's not Nelly's fault Ike isn't playing; it's Ike's. This was the knock on him last year. He didn't know where to be and when to be there. Great players kick their bad habbits (the truly special ones even turn them into strengths). If Ike kicks this one, I'd expect Nelly to insert him into the starting lineup.

If not... it's nobody's fault but his own. :oops:

And who do you think Nelson will take out of the starting five so Diogu can start - His little pet boy dunny or his flounder favourite Murphy :roll:

The only way Diogu gets alot of court time is if either of dun or Murphy really stuff up.

Learning the plays is a must and he should have done that by now so some is his fault but Nelson has never really liked the post monster types

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:13 am
O.G. broe wrote:Add Wagner to his hit list too :roll:

Please, do it. :thumbright:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:27 am
migya wrote:And who do you think Nelson will take out of the starting five so Diogu can start - His little pet boy dunny or his flounder favourite Murphy :roll:

The only way Diogu gets alot of court time is if either of dun or Murphy really stuff up.

Learning the plays is a must and he should have done that by now so some is his fault but Nelson has never really liked the post monster types

I see Dunleavy becoming the 6th man (which he had no problem with last year).

The fact that Nelly's never had any monster post types doesn't mean he doesn't like them. In fact, he utilized Terry Cummings quite well on the Bucks (ditto for Ewing in NY).

If Diogu learned the plays as well as anyone on the team, he'd get around 25 minutes a night rotating in for Dunleavy/Murphy... and if he proved himself during those minutes, he might even earn a starting job eventually.

I've said before that Ike is my current favorite Warrior, but, come on, you can't just hand some kid the starting job because he has a couple slick post moves (let alone, doesn't know the playbook at all). Diogu's got a lot of potential (hell, he's got star potential, there's no doubt)... but until he learns where to be, he's putting his talent on hold until he can correct that. It doesn't matter how good he is if he can't operate within the team concept.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:56 pm
Preach...
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:58 pm
#32 wrote:The fact that Nelly's never had any monster post types doesn't mean he doesn't like them. In fact, he utilized Terry Cummings quite well on the Bucks (ditto for Ewing in NY).

He had Ewing shooting from the outside more than ever! It was effective somewhat but the point is that he lkes his style of run and gun and shoot jumpers alot and it has wrked for him so he doesn't see why he should change it. Hard to argue with but it does not bode well for Diogu and that was my whole point here

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:26 pm
... are you serious?

Patrick Ewing only attempted 14 shots from beyond the arc that season. That's roughly one 3-point attempt every 6 games.

Yeah. Nelly really had Ewing planted out on the perimeter. :roll:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:07 pm
He had them all playing a more perimeter game and though it worked to an extent, it didn't work that well

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:46 pm
I wouldn't do that tradeand IMO, neither would Memphis. I agree with #32 cuz Ike's one of my current favorite W. We're filled with perimeter players anyways.---030---
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:45 am
migya wrote:He had them all playing a more perimeter game and though it worked to an extent, it didn't work that well

That's BS. He let Starks (who was an outside shooter anyways) let loose, but don't pretend that Ewing and Anthony Mason were planted outside shooting 3's. The numbers speak for themselves! Nelly didn't make ANY New York players play outside of their usual game... and he still had a winning record.

All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:11 pm
That's who the W's should bring back maybe to help out Ike! Terry Cumming he played great when he was summoned from the grave to help out the W's. In his final years he still played good basketball. He could help out Ike in developing other areas in his game.Without relying too much on his power game!

Bring back Kevin Willis to help out POB with his strength and conditioning!!! One of the strongest big men to play in the game recently as well as rebounders!!!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:26 pm
I wouldn't be opposed to bringing either of those guys in, but...

Does it seem like Buck Williams had any sort of effect on the big guys? :dontknow:

Buck was just as good as Willis, in his day, and he doesn't appear to have added anything to the Warriors frontcourt.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:33 pm
I like this trade but let see if Ike learn the playbook and see if Gay is good or be a bust like Dunlyboy
This is the year
PreviousNext

Return to Trades