Rashard Lewis

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:49 pm
Diogu, Foyle, Carbaka aint doing nothing ive heard, Set up a package for Lewis, solid shooter and small, just how Nellie likes it...
All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:50 pm
I'd love him but we're never gonna get him.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:16 pm
I once thought Lewis was going to become a TMac type player but he is a scorer only and the team has enough of those!

I'd much rather a SF like Josh Smith or Josh Howard - Players who can do much more than just score, especially defense!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:56 am
migya wrote:I once thought Lewis was going to become a TMac type player but he is a scorer only and the team has enough of those!

I'd much rather a SF like Josh Smith or Josh Howard - Players who can do much more than just score, especially defense!

But Lewis can be attainable, while those two can't. That's the difference.

And he's been an All Star, and a 20 ppg player (with good shooting %) the last two seasons... add over 5 boards to that (more than, say, Dunleavy, who happens to be our starting PF).

Don't tell me you wouldn't trade Dun and/or Pietrus for him...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:04 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I once thought Lewis was going to become a TMac type player but he is a scorer only and the team has enough of those!

And he's been an All Star, and a 20 ppg player (with good shooting %) the last two seasons... add over 5 boards to that (more than, say, Dunleavy, who happens to be our starting PF).

Yea I would but I don't think the Sonics would give him away that easily since they have next to no talent right now! They need sure things in return for him. He can score but so can many guys on the team so getting him wouldn't mean that much really

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:12 am
TMC wrote:

The Sonics don't have much talent so they would not give up Lewis that easily! He scores but nothing more and there are plenty of those already on the team so it wouldn't make us that much better really

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:23 am
I don't understand, how can you guys sit in this room and talk about trades? We all know Don Nelson love Mike Dunleavy and the skills he brings to the power foward position. Josh Howard and Rashad Lewis would be nice addition to the team, but I think Dunleavy brings more game than the both of them. He shoots better from the outside, he has better ball handling skills to play the point foward position. This Year he will shoot better and have more assist in this system. This will be a break out year and you can count on this.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:12 am
five footer wrote: I think Dunleavy brings more game than the both of them. He shoots better from the outside,

Really? :scratch:

Dunleavy - FG % Last year = 40% Career = 43%

Lewis - FG % Last year = 47.7 % Career = 46.1%

Howard - FG % Last year = 47.1 % Career = 46.2%
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:25 pm
five footer wrote:This will be a break out year and you can count on this.

Yeah... the problem is everybody has been saying so for the last three years, so we won't believe it till we see it.

Rookie
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:55 pm
Last year Mike Dun shot way too many threes, and that was one of the reason his percentage was so low compared to, Josh and Rashad. Also, I have to blame part on the offensive sets. They pretty much had Dun sitting on the perimeter waiting for the drive and kick from Baron and D.Fish.What type of offense is that? He just wasn't used right, but in this new system he has a great chance to show the basketball wourld what he's made of. Like I said, he's the idea guy for this PPF position, and the other night he proved to me ,he will have a great year by scoring 32 and dropping 7 assists.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:04 pm
On point Five Footer :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:07 pm
five footer wrote:Last year Mike Dun shot way too many threes, and that was one of the reason his percentage was so low compared to, Josh and Rashad.

You're right about Howard, but, in fact, Rashard shot 110 3pt shots more than Dunleavy (370 against 260)... with a way better percentage. It's not even close between them as shooters.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:10 pm
five footer wrote:Last year Mike Dun shot way too many threes, and that was one of the reason his percentage was so low compared to, Josh and Rashad.

I can agree with this statement. He shot way too many 3's.

fivefooter wrote:Also, I have to blame part on the offensive sets. They pretty much had Dun sitting on the perimeter waiting for the drive and kick from Baron and D.Fish.What type of offense is that? He just wasn't used right,

I don't buy this. Offensive sets aren't what makes a good player. A good player has the ability to create beyond the offensive set. He needs to be a decisive player, not a programmed robot.

fivefooter wrote: but in this new system he has a great chance to show the basketball wourld what he's made of. Like I said, he's the idea guy for this PPF position, and the other night he proved to me ,he will have a great year by scoring 32 and dropping 7 assists.

You're right. Nellie's style of play will provide the oppurtunity for Dunleavy to flourish. It's up to him to prosper. If he's not going to do it now, then face it, he's just not going to do it.

I wouldn't base his 32 pt. performance against the worst team in the west as a guidline as to how he will preform during the regular season.

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:27 pm
Big B wrote:

fivefooter wrote:Also, I have to blame part on the offensive sets. They pretty much had Dun sitting on the perimeter waiting for the drive and kick from Baron and D.Fish.What type of offense is that? He just wasn't used right,

I don't buy this. Offensive sets aren't what makes a good player. A good player has the ability to create beyond the offensive set. He needs to be a decisive player, not a programmed robot.

That's the difference between Monty and Nellie's system, Dunleavy will be a decisive player who's strength's will be utilized in Nellie's system that is best suited for him and the TEAM, instead of having to be a spot up shooting last resort "robot" who has to shoot a late in the clock 3 or abandon the play and create something else in order to "be good" :!:
Bottom line Nellie's system will bring out the best in Dunleavy and will benifit the TEAM as a whole, not the case in the past :!:
The Portland game just shows potentially how Dunleavy can be effective... "Sleep is the cousin of Death" NAS :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:46 pm
O.G. broe wrote:
Big B wrote:

Bottom line Nellie's system will bring out the best in Dunleavy and will benifit the TEAM as a whole, not the case in the past :!:

I hope you're right, I just think all of this praise for Dun is premature.
Next

Return to Trades