Now, I really need your help.

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:45 pm
Thank you sir.
I would like to say that I have received more positive responses, considerations, from people on this board than I have received on any other boards ... and I do use them ... and we already know at least one of them claims to be "Christian."

The typical pattern seems to be.
I write something long or short and IMMEDIATELY
some one or two or three come out of the woodwork
to blame me for what they think.

They apparently can't ignore that I write, what I write.
They apparently just can't stop ... BLASTING AWAY ...
IMMEDIATELY

It has at least become a repetitive enough pattern for me to have observed it and to begin to attempt to learn from it. Although, I confess,
I'm tired of it and may not keep doing it.

I'm not sure the benefit to me of acting as everybody's shooting dummy.
If they're not learning then the purpose of my communication is moot.

For those Christians among you, who may have felt the love and asked ... how could those people do what they did? How and why could they have
killed that man?

Today
How and why do people blow themselve up?
Why do they keep doing these things?
Is it really IMPOSSIBLE for humans to make and enjoy peace?

Here again, I'm tempted to bring up "The Example" of the underhand free throw. NOT because I'm fixated on the shot, but because of the lesson I say it teaches ... and ... because I would have thought it would be easier to learn.

What difference does it make why people don't do a thing? really?
What difference does it make to Shaq?
IF people shot the shot and were successful ... all those why's would become irrelevant ... they would go away.
That means that, if you would like to help people learn that lesson ...
"you've got to get them to try the shot" ..
If they won't .. there's no hope.
You cannot learn from what you do not do.

Number One Rule Of Human Relations
Don't Condemn, Criticize Or Complain
Harder to do than making free throws.

As for Peace?
There seem to be so few prophets today among us.

Image
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3042
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:42 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:11 pm
migya wrote:Bob, continue to post what you like, it is not vulgar or abusive.

Guys, if you don't want to respond to Bob's threads, you don't have to, simple as that. Some things he writes about I respond to and other things I don't - Personal choice, we all have it

yup...I agree, Migya. I have a profoundly different take on spirituality than does SoBob, but so what? Long as he's not spamming or spewing, who cares? Oh, and for the record, I do think most of us know what current usage of sick and ill are - could be a generational thing
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:05 am
Wish I could help you with your television thing Bob but unfortunately I can't. Hopefully you will get the help you need.

Let's all lay off Bob! Like I said, he says and does nothing vulgar and abusive so don't knock the guy down. Knock the bad guys down, be it Bushpig and his borg or some other instigating bastard
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:51 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:Bob, continue to post what you like, it is not vulgar or abusive.

Guys, if you don't want to respond to Bob's threads, you don't have to, simple as that. Some things he writes about I respond to and other things I don't - Personal choice, we all have it

yup...I agree, Migya. I have a profoundly different take on spirituality than does SoBob, but so what? Long as he's not spamming or spewing, who cares? Oh, and for the record, I do think most of us know what current usage of sick and ill are - could be a generational thing


You got a lot of Wisdom dude.
And yes, it definitely could be generational.

Then again, words are words.
They do have real meanings and they do have an effect.
Obviously? Does the meaning change based on your age?
And Pestilence ... is that a vernacular slang word also?
Meaning what ... Nirvana?

BTW ... If it is a generational ... guess which one of us is going to change?
Why wait?

If you fill your head with "garbage" regardless of your generation ...
what are you going to get out. I think there are a number of mistakes society has made in the past ... because of the way it thinks. Me, too. Like I'm excused? I think there are such serious problems in the way we think, that there is a reasonable possibility today that some idiot or group of idiots is going to blow something up ... a lot bigger than 9/11. Current conversation suggests that Iran could build and deliver a bomb that would destroy ALL of ISRAEL. Current and past conversation suggests that THAT IS THEIR GOAL .. and that they are not alone.
All based on the way they think. All based on the way we think, too.

I recently viewed and video taped a film presentation on the War In Iraq.
Having known some of the "reasons' various people ended up there, I was already heartbroken, but I became even more heartbroken when soldier after soldier indicated things like ..

The only reason they were there is because they didn't have any goals.
The only reason they were there was because they hadn't thought ... yet ... of something better to do.

I don't see any evidence that's changing. I don't think that's good.
I would rather say ... this has got to change and get people to agree ...
Even if they didn't have a clue what it all meant or how to get it done.
They would find out based on their goals. I can't think of anything more powerful than a young person setting positive goals.

Everything we are, everything we do is based on what we think.

So ... SoCô¿ôL Bob continues to say ... WE ... US ... WE ..
need to examine and consider .. changing the way we think.
It is going to come out the way some people think.

As for me, I wish the internet would improve to the point that I could examine the life history of everyone I talk to.

I wish I could see how they were born, who their parents were, what they thought and how they were treated. If I had my way I would understand
a great deal more about where each of these behaviors come from ...
THEN ... we could really talk. We might not agree. Some may not be able,
but I would say ... you can change everything about your world for the better, all based on the way you think. And, you can choose that.

Christianity in many ways is "choosing thoughts" that benefit You and Others And the suggestion that there is a power that will support it.
Turns out, if you try it, there often is.

I've got lots of little wisdoms I've picked up along the way that could apply .. but .. without the real person information it's impossible to pinpoint
for any one else exactly which applies and to whom.

Hurt People Hurt People is a Joyce Meyer expression I suspect I'll not forget. That, and spending the day in the garage won't make you a car.

People get hurt ... and then hurt ... not necessarily directly back.
People react to old hurts. So many times, what they say to me or anyone
doesn't even apply ... they're really responding to some old hurt.

How many times, can a person get in conversations just like this, and then, with the right environment, with the right information, the person is suddenly able to say what the source of that hurt is.

Many of those hurts are abominations ... and yet ... who will ever find out?
I've found out just enough times to know ... communications miracles occur too.

So .. I assume .. that the people so bent on "hurting" me are "hurt" ... and .. if I had a choice ... I'd participate in helping them to stop the hurt.
Do I wish more people would think this way and become good at it?
You bet? Why? I hurt too.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:08 am
migya wrote:Wish I could help you with your television thing Bob but unfortunately I can't. Hopefully you will get the help you need.


I think, based on much thought, that is probably the absolute best thing
I can hope for. I very definitely appreciate it. Whether it's a prayer or a hope, by thinking that way and expressing that hope, you are, in my opinion, a part of the team, doing what you can.

Did I say somewhere that the best "advice" I think I've received so far is the thought that I'm asking an awful lot of "the audience."

I hadn't thought of it in that way, but I had thought of it in terms of my own self confidence. What could I possibly say that would cause people
to want to or be able to participate? from a Bulletin Board?

I've only come up with a couple of solutions.
IN the Sneak Preview I ASK for small donations from every day folks.
Large donations from an extremely wise, well-off, and totally unknown few. For everyday folks I suggest buying me a cup of coffee or a WinAMillionLite. Nice way to say send a small amount of money.

Some superstars out there could afford what I need for years, without a sneeze. I am only too intimately aware of how much money some people have. They could even do it just because they liked me. Better yet, because they like what I'm trying to achieve.

Mel Gibson
Clint Eastwood - Clint Eastwood will spend more money per second
on his latest movie ... then I need for the rest of my life ... including the ability to do the things I currently describe to attempt to achieve these goals. I'm sure it will be a great movie.
Charles Barkley
Who shoots free throws? Yeah .... Free throw shooters could help,
if they chose.
BUT ...
A Sponsor ... what a thought.
Now that I've learned.
Now that I understand from both my own perspective and from the viewers perspective that I'm asking a lot ... I'll back off.
I'm not going to get too excited asking for a cup of coffee, if I'm only
going to get one. If it isn't going to help achieve the goal, what's the point?

I don't think it's going to happen. Based on what I think I'll be able to
do I think it would definitely depend on some wise man such as yourself,
seeing something AND being able and wanting to afford it.

Just think. That means that your thoughts are very, very close to what I need. I cannot speak for that other man/women ... but I can encourage.
And by doing so who knows. Like I said somewhere ...

THAT WOULD CHANGE EVERYTHING
I guess I can afford to maintain a little of that hope too ô¿~

Now, it's time to go to bed, thinking.
If I'm going to tell the whole story, then I need to do a video blog
of what's happened over the last couple of days.

Watch for it on a Bulletin Board Near You
{Forum-Idiot}
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:56 am
SoCooLBob wrote:If you fill your head with "garbage" regardless of your generation ...
what are you going to get out. I think there are a number of mistakes society has made in the past ... because of the way it thinks. Me, too. Like I'm excused? I think there are such serious problems in the way we think, that there is a reasonable possibility today that some idiot or group of idiots is going to blow something up ... a lot bigger than 9/11.

I don't see any evidence that's changing. I don't think that's good.
I would rather say ... this has got to change and get people to agree ...
Even if they didn't have a clue what it all meant or how to get it done.
They would find out based on their goals. I can't think of anything more powerful than a young person setting positive goals.

Everything we are, everything we do is based on what we think.

So ... SoCô¿ôL Bob continues to say ... WE ... US ... WE ..
need to examine and consider .. changing the way we think.
It is going to come out the way some people think.


I wholeheartedly agree with this... the only problem is how to change that. I don't think it can be changed. Too many people have too many interests on it (not always the right ones), and that means that they will manipulate other persons for their own objectives. That can't be controlled on a global level, and a few ... let's say "malignant beings", are dangerous enough to create all kinds of havoc.

To summarize it all, changing the way people thinks, on a global scale, while a nice dream, it's utopic and completely unreachable. At least, that's what I think.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:15 am
TMC wrote:I wholeheartedly agree with this... the only problem is how to change that. I don't think it can be changed. Too many people have too many interests on it (not always the right ones), and that means that they will manipulate other persons for their own objectives. That can't be controlled on a global level, and a few ... let's say "malignant beings", are dangerous enough to create all kinds of havoc.

To summarize it all, changing the way people thinks, on a global scale, while a nice dream, it's utopic and completely unreachable. At least, that's what I think.


Yo TMC

I am so grateful for parts of this conversation.

"I wholeheartedly agree with this... the only problem is how to change that. I don't think it can be changed."

I think this is the absolutely right on thought.
IN FACT, I have come to think that this is the REAL PROBLEM, not
just for us, but in the world.

EVEN THE BEST of US "doesn't think it can be changed." A lot of evidence that if we say that, we're approaching being "right." EVEN THE BEST OF US apparently don't know how.

I do not hesitate to add that those among us who have achieved things
we never believed we could achieve, which should be EVERYBODY,
will, should, do ultimately recognize ... hey ... there's just a whole
lot of things in the world that I would like, that I would want, that I sometimes think, quite rightfully, I haven't a clue how to achieve.

I learned 30 years ago what someone told me.
It's OK to set goals you don't believe you can achieve.
The primary goal I pursue today is a goal I set 30 years ago.
Participating in creating that more positive thought, achievement world.

Many goals you set, you can see the possibilities.
If I do this thing, and months from now, I"m in this place, I will be able
to do something I couldn't do yesterday. Happens all the time, hopefully.
I highly recommend it.

But, some goals we have "less faith." It's still OK to ASK. It's
still OK to visualize, in our minds, the goal being achieved. The key, so many say, is to take that mind of ours and use it to concentrate on
positive thoughts.

Peace in the Middle East. Wow. Can we all just imagine what that might look like ... in detail? Can we grow a vision of what might happen, how people might think? If we could just break through to the point that
others will begin to think and act like the best thing they could do to achieve their goals would be to participate in that peace.

Peace in the Middle East.
This is how it could happen.
This is what it would look like.
People just need to "change their minds."

I was in a conversation recently with a near famous, important person, talking about another very famous person with whom he is strongly identified and associated, and who has a number of publicly expressed opinions, and I said .. what about him? .. Oh, he doesn't care what people think?
I said ... that's the problem.

The solution.
FIRST, we really must, change the way WE think.

I submit that EVERY ACHIEVER, EVERY SUPER ACHIEVER, has a belief in
a higher power. IN the goal world it's supposed to be described like
gravity ... you don't have to make setting positive goals work ... you just have to think them ... and then ... as the song says ... watch what happens.

The additional problem, I have commented on in my conversations is,
I believe, in particular, the War In The Middle East is and has become so
apparently unsolveable ... for centuries ... is that REAL PEOPLE think
they're HIGHER POWER doesn't want to END THESE WARS. Doesn't want peace. If, when you go to consult with God about the things you can't achieve, and you come back with blow yourself up or go fight this war ...

I don't know where people go to come back with this idea ... but it's called Holy War. George Bush proudly proclaims his Christianity. "Bring Em ON." He must be reading different passages them I'm reading. Near as I can figure, God wouldn't like me even talking nasty to Pest, let alone making war with my enemies.

The point.
People who believe in higher powers somehow believe that GOD doesn't want this war to end.
IF that's true, then it won't.
I still think it's OK for me to pray that it does.
I still think it's OK to pray that ONE SMALL THOUGHT will cause
important people to CHANGE THEIR MINDS, and then others ...

ImageImage

PS - Good Lord Willing I'm thinking I'll be doing a video blog this evening and the GSWarrior, Full Contact Poker, And My Christian Bulletin Board experience will all be featured. Well, maybe not "this" evening. ô¿~
I guess it would be OK to post this here. I'll repeat a warning I invented here.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO - IF YOU DON'T PUSH THE ARROW Nothing Will Happen - THIS VLOG IN PARTICULAR IS A LITTLE BIT MORE LIKE A COMMERCIAL - SO IF YOU OBJECT TO THAT - PLEASE DON'T PUSH THE BUTTON ... and please ... consider trying not to Complain

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhTdHGhH7RM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="345" height="280"></embed>
Last edited by SoCooLBob on Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:24 pm
Geez SoCô¿ôL Bob ... what a horrible post.
Do you even know how to write an intelligent sentence?
What the hell did you say?
And what does this have to do with the Warriors?
Get A Job !!!

Be Forewarned Image
If you don't push the button nothing will happen.
If you do, you're liable to Laugh Your Ass Off


<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_j3Djl9sucQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="340" height="280"></embed>

ImageImage
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21379
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:05 pm
Pretty funny fart clip Bob!

Down with those lunatic preachers
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 pm
Now, now. Don't go passing gas on my preacher friend.
Amen - brrrrrrrrrr
How 'bout them Warriors !!!
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests