Diogu for JHoward

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:54 am
migya wrote:As much as I personally like JHoward, he has not done much so far and is definately not a star yet!


Then you haven't seen the Mavs much. Only Dirk is more important for them... and I'm not so sure of that come clutch time.

Actually, I don't think they'd trade him for Baron. Only for J-Rich... and I still have my doubts they would go for that trade.
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 6:45 am
Defensively, Howard is very important for the Mavs but against the Heat, he was real good but not like a major star. JRich would have done better I reckon.

Don't think he is as valuable as guys like Baron and JRich just yet
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:12 am
migya wrote:Don't think he is as valuable as guys like Baron and JRich just yet


If they always played 100% no, but Baron not always does... and he has that injury bug... I'd rather have Howard.
User avatar
All Star
Posts: 3086
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:51 pm
Location: Redwood City, CA
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:12 am
You'd rather have Howard and lose our only pure PG?
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:15 am
John Patrick wrote:You'd rather have Howard and lose our only pure PG?


Um... yeah. Having Howard would help more than a talented pg that sits half the season with injuries. I wouldn't make that trade based on talent alone, but there are many other issues with Baron.

Also, PGs are overrated. The Mavs reached the finals without a single pg in their roster (and no, Terry is not a PG... he's more of a SG that plays PG).
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:09 pm
TMC wrote:
John Patrick wrote:You'd rather have Howard and lose our only pure PG?


Um... yeah. Having Howard would help more than a talented pg that sits half the season with injuries. I wouldn't make that trade based on talent alone, but there are many other issues with Baron.

Also, PGs are overrated. The Mavs reached the finals without a single pg in their roster (and no, Terry is not a PG... he's more of a SG that plays PG).



Terry and Harris do a good enough job. The Mavs made it with many guns and good coaching
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:14 am
migya wrote:Terry and Harris do a good enough job. The Mavs made it with many guns and good coaching


Yeah, I'm not saying they don't play well, just that they're not "pure" PGs a la Jason Kidd... but Josh Howard is more important than those two for Dallas' succes. :wink:
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:23 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Terry and Harris do a good enough job. The Mavs made it with many guns and good coaching


Yeah, I'm not saying they don't play well, just that they're not "pure" PGs a la Jason Kidd... but Josh Howard is more important than those two for Dallas' succes. :wink:



But Howard hasn't really done a whole lot! He is not an exceptional scorer or anything yet. He is valuable to his team but no star yet, though this season I think he will become one
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya
User avatar
Role Player
Posts: 357
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:22 am
Location: Oakland
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:26 pm
Howard hasn't really done much? He's a fan favorite, one of the best young players in the league, has absolutely helped the Mavs become what they are, blah blah blah. You're living in a dream world, dude. Diogu for Howard straight up??? That's a laugher, man. Why even start a post about such nonsense?
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?

All Star
Posts: 2261
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 9:05 am
Location: Berkeley
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:17 pm
Some people love to play fantasy Gm :!:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 21369
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 am
Location: Perth
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:34 am
baytobrooklyn wrote:Howard hasn't really done much? He's a fan favorite, one of the best young players in the league, has absolutely helped the Mavs become what they are, blah blah blah. You're living in a dream world, dude. Diogu for Howard straight up??? That's a laugher, man. Why even start a post about such nonsense?



It's not a reality because Howard has done more than Diogu but good GMs, like Donn Nelson is, would likely see the ability Diogu has. The Mavs offensive post presence is minimal and JHoward is easier to replace than a great post player.

JHoward really is a vital part of the Mavs right now and so this is an unlikely trade but if the Mavs had a great poat player, which Nowitzki is not enough of, they would be better equipped to be champions
Image



Image


migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:59 am
Ike has proven he is not ready to play in Nellie's sys! Diogu is a defensive risk because he is too foul prone and at 6'8 last yr he got schooled most of the time. Bigger inferior players were able to shoot rt over him and able to grab rebound over him as well.

I don't know how Brand does it, but the comparsions are way off!!! The only thing that would could argue is that Diogu has great offensive moves when he's on! I noticed that games in which is confidence is up like Detroit and the Mavs game where he was pumped up, he played very welll!!! But for him to have monster games he has to be one of the focal or main options for the team. In both games BD and J-Rich had off games in Detroit and the Mavs game Richardson and Murph didn't play. It was the Monta and Ike show!!!

For those reasons Ike will not play a major factor in Nellie's system only as a role player!!! Nellie's system is successful for small ball players!!! Imagine having a Garnett (big man with SG and SF skills) playing under Nellie!!!

I want to see a major trade at the trade deadline, even though the W's do well this season. We have enough players rt now with excellent trade value to make the move prior to the trade deadline this coming season...

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 11:49 am
Is there anyone out there that wants to prove me wrong? If you're going to do so? Please use some facts to backup your statement or opinions!!!

Don't use some bull.... like just "BD throws the ball down low and dunks on Shaq!" No Shaq will dunk on Ike and make the backboard fall on him!!!
User avatar
Hall of Famer
Posts: 18461
Joined: Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:48 am
Location: Somewhere in this site...
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:08 pm
J-Rich wrote:Is there anyone out there that wants to prove me wrong? If you're going to do so?


Ike will do... once he gets the minutes...

All Star
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:33 pm
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:26 pm
Ike will always be a defensive liability on the floor since he is foul prone. And in Nellie's system a power forward was never a big offensive weapon.
The only power player that was useful for the W's was Webber. Even Web played out of position at the 5.

Nellie didn't know how to use Rony Seikaly when he played for the Heat or when Tom Gogliotta played for the W's. Webber was the only big that knew how to run. I don't see Nellie slowing it down for Ike or trying to set a couple of pick and roll plays for him either!
PreviousNext

Return to Trades

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron