What's your Poison?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:29 am
I'm like drfrank, not much of a drinker... but when I do, it's gotta be wine or vodka.

Drinking beer or whiskey makes me sick to my stomach... I'm that weird.
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 3:33 am
Miller, Bud, Coors, Heineken, Corona, Bass, and all those more popular beers are trash, and way overpriced. Here is my list for cheap beers:

1. PBR (The BEST cheap beer in the world)
1a. Olde English/Mickey's/Colt 45/King Cobra (40's are the way)
2. Milwaukee's Best Ice (The Beast, good bang for your buck)
3. Black Label (Only available in Canada and where I went to school in Ohio)
4. Miller High Life (Sweet Bottles)
5. Natty Ice

None of these are good, but if you're trying to drink a lot of cheap beer, stay away from the bigger names that cost more because they spend more money on advertising. No goddamned tv commercial for Pabst!

As for the best Mexican beer, I would give Tecate a close second behind an ice cold Pacifico with a lime.

Sierra is a good default pale ale for me as well. Always reliable. I like their Stout and Porter, too, and they just stared selling their Brown Ale in six packs, and that's real good too. Anchor Steam is good, as are all the other beers they make. California has so many of my favorite breweries, it's so nice to see so many of them on tap at the local bars here. When I was living in New york, most bars there just have the usual crap, and Sierra if you're lucky. Boont Amber is real good (from the Anderson Valley Brewery), North Coast Brewery and the Humboldt Brewery also have real good stuff. Some of the best beer you can get is from the Rogue brewey in Oregon. They have all this crazy stuff like a hazelnut brown, a double mocha stout, and a chipotle ale (brewed with smoked peppers, which is one ofmy favorites.

Beer is the best beverage in the world. Back in the day, it was safer and more acceptable to drink beer than water, because the brewing process killed all the harmful bacteria in the water. Benjamin Frankiln was right when he said "Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy."

As for other drink, a nice G and T is always good. An old single malt Scotch, neat, is my favorite, though. Bourban, Whiskey, sometimes tequila, and Jager are all good. Never a big fan of Vodka or Rum, though. Yeah, I guess I kind of drink too much.[/b]
Basketball hope in the City Of Dope?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 7:28 am
TMC wrote:I'm like drfrank, not much of a drinker... but when I do, it's gotta be wine or vodka.

That is a little different.

I'm into a few types of drinks, just depends how I feel that night

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:01 am
since im too young to drink. (like thats gonna stop me). i guess im a coke guy. cant go wrong with an ice cold coke watching a warriors game.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:04 am
baytobrooklyn wrote: Miller, Bud, Coors, Heineken, Corona, Bass, and all those more popular beers are trash, and way overpriced. Here is my list for cheap beers:

1. PBR (The BEST cheap beer in the world)
1a. Olde English/Mickey's/Colt 45/King Cobra (40's are the way)
2. Milwaukee's Best Ice (The Beast, good bang for your buck)
3. Black Label (Only available in Canada and where I went to school in Ohio)
4. Miller High Life (Sweet Bottles)
5. Natty Ice

None of these are good, but if you're trying to drink a lot of cheap beer, stay away from the bigger names that cost more because they spend more money on advertising. No goddamned tv commercial for Pabst!

That's a nice list of cheap beers! I haven't drank any of those beers since highschool and I have no intention of drinking any of those any time soon.

What I don't like about your post is that you put Bass in the same catergory as Bud, Miller, and Coors... :x

[quote="baytobrooklyn"]
As for the best Mexican beer, I would give Tecate a close second behind an ice cold Pacifico with a lime. [quote/]

I would have to say that Dos XX Amber is the best Mexican beer. Modelo - Negro isn't bad.

[quote="baytobrooklyn"]
Sierra is a good default pale ale for me as well. Always reliable. I like their Stout and Porter, too, and they just stared selling their Brown Ale in six packs, and that's real good too. Anchor Steam is good, as are all the other beers they make. California has so many of my favorite breweries, it's so nice to see so many of them on tap at the local bars here. When I was living in New york, most bars there just have the usual crap, and Sierra if you're lucky. Boont Amber is real good (from the Anderson Valley Brewery), North Coast Brewery and the Humboldt Brewery also have real good stuff. Some of the best beer you can get is from the Rogue brewey in Oregon. They have all this crazy stuff like a hazelnut brown, a double mocha stout, and a chipotle ale (brewed with smoked peppers, which is one ofmy favorites. [quote/]

Anchor Steam is pretty good. It has to be served in a cold, frosty glass.
I share your like for Anderson Valley Brewery. Boont Amber Ale, is excellant. Have you tried their Summer Fest Ale or Winter Solstice Ale? Both are excellant.
Rogue is another great brewery. I just had some Dead Guy Ale last night. This beer is 9% alcohol, and goes down smooth.
Gordan Bierch is a great Ca. Brewery. I think Marzen is by far their best brew.
El Toro Brewery in Morgan Hill is another must try. I recommend you try their Poppy Jasper Amber Ale, if you haven't done so already.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:07 am
TMC wrote:I'm like drfrank, not much of a drinker... but when I do, it's gotta be wine or vodka.

Wine and vodka...interesting. How do you like your vodka? Straight, martini's, or mixed with juice.

You must not be drinking the right beer, if it makes you sick to your stomach. Bud will do that to you... 8)
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:09 am
d1mex wrote:since im too young to drink. (like thats gonna stop me). i guess im a coke guy. cant go wrong with an ice cold coke watching a warriors game.

Throw some rum in that ice cold coke, and I'm right with you... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:19 am
Big B wrote:Wine and vodka...interesting. How do you like your vodka? Straight, martini's, or mixed with juice.

Straight is a killer and I don't like martini, so it's mixed with juice usually.

About the beer... yeah, probably haven't been lucky. And I've tried, I promise. :wink:
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:51 am
FAT TIRE.

But as far as cheap beer goes you can't go wrong with the champagne of beers - Miller High Life.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 12:29 pm
Thunder wrote:FAT TIRE.

Great Choice! Easily in my top 3.

Fat Tire is made by New Belgium Brewing Co. and they are said to be the most enviornmentally friendly brewery around. They recylce everything and use solar energy. They actually care about their employees and have the a reputation of being the best company to work for in northern Co...
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:59 pm
I had a huge post typed out last night....and then the PC froze. :banghead: I was just a little pissed off to say the least, but I slept on it and I'm gonna give it another go, although this time I think I'll keep it simple.

I'm a spirits drinker on most occasions. Bourbon being my drink of choice, although I do like a vodka or Bacardi every now and then.
My favourite Bourbons would be Elijah Craig and Makers Mark, although I will drink pretty much any kind of bourbon you stick in front of me. Canadian Club also gets an honorable mention, although I have to be in the mood for it.

Beer - Well whats to say? A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer, and the best cold beer is Vic, Vic Bitter! hahahahaha I don't mind a tinnie or two of VB every now and then though. More quality beers I like a Boag's and Stella Artoir. Grolsch (sp?) is also descent. My Favourite cheap beer though would have to be Tooheys Extra Dry....kills me to say that as a Victorian. :oops: Oh well atleast I don't have to drink the same swill as my Queensland and West Australian friends.

Then there is wine - Can't say I'm huge on wine, a red goes nicely with certain meals but I've never really liked white wine or champagne for that matter. If I had to drink anything along those lines it would be Port. My old man has been collecting good port for years and has two barrels that he pours them all into. It sits in the larger barrel for upwards of five years and then goes into the smaller barrel to be consumed. It is Beautiful! Its honey flavoured gold I tells ya. Well ok, maybe I'm going a bit far, but it is a nice drop.

That pretty much sums it up for me I guess, except to say I'm not much of a drinker anymore, so don't get all that many opportunities to have a good session. Had a chance last weekend at my Cousins Engagement party. I made the most of it, and for the life of me, cannot remember the last hour of what went on. Although from what I've been told....probably not a bad thing, :bday:

Cheers Fellas.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:12 pm
"It's a girl drink. It's like candy. You'll like it"
ImageImage
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:52 pm
HAHAHA funny as, what is that quote from??
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:09 pm
breezer_79 wrote:I had a huge post typed out last night....and then the PC froze. :banghead: I was just a little pissed off to say the least, but I slept on it and I'm gonna give it another go, although this time I think I'll keep it simple.

I'm a spirits drinker on most occasions. Bourbon being my drink of choice, although I do like a vodka or Bacardi every now and then.
My favourite Bourbons would be Elijah Craig and Makers Mark, although I will drink pretty much any kind of bourbon you stick in front of me. Canadian Club also gets an honorable mention, although I have to be in the mood for it.

Beer - Well whats to say? A hard earned thirst needs a big cold beer, and the best cold beer is Vic, Vic Bitter! hahahahaha I don't mind a tinnie or two of VB every now and then though. More quality beers I like a Boag's and Stella Artoir. Grolsch (sp?) is also descent. My Favourite cheap beer though would have to be Tooheys Extra Dry....kills me to say that as a Victorian. :oops: Oh well atleast I don't have to drink the same swill as my Queensland and West Australian friends.

Then there is wine - Can't say I'm huge on wine, a red goes nicely with certain meals but I've never really liked white wine or champagne for that matter. If I had to drink anything along those lines it would be Port. My old man has been collecting good port for years and has two barrels that he pours them all into. It sits in the larger barrel for upwards of five years and then goes into the smaller barrel to be consumed. It is Beautiful! Its honey flavoured gold I tells ya. Well ok, maybe I'm going a bit far, but it is a nice drop.

That pretty much sums it up for me I guess, except to say I'm not much of a drinker anymore, so don't get all that many opportunities to have a good session. Had a chance last weekend at my Cousins Engagement party. I made the most of it, and for the life of me, cannot remember the last hour of what went on. Although from what I've been told....probably not a bad thing, :bday:

Cheers Fellas.

Your kidding right Vandals Bitter is disgusting. VB taste like the piss of a dehydrated camel!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 8:10 pm
When Xzibit last toured Australia he gave my state respect for our beer.

He was very happy that a country known for getting drunk have a beer named after him

That beer he was talking about is none other then XXXX.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum