Prosecutor charges Pacers' Jackson for strip club fight

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:17 am
migya wrote:Not safer, just more restrictive and more fear! Peace and harmony don't really exist anymore

Their criminal rates are lower, so, in a way, it's working. At least for them.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:05 am
Isn't the Spanish jail different than the US? Like instead of a punishment, they try to get you to turn around your life? When I went there, it's what I heard.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:15 am
John Patrick wrote:Isn't the Spanish jail different than the US? Like instead of a punishment, they try to get you to turn around your life? When I went there, it's what I heard.

Sort of. More... "relaxed", probably. Although it depends on the charges you faced on your conviction.

The idea is to help you turn around your life, according to our laws... but it's not always correctly applied (and sometimes it can't be applied at all). Depends on each situation and the specific prison.

Where have you been in Spain, JP?
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:36 pm
Well I went on vacation there and I went to Madrid, Granada, Sevilla, Barcelona. Yeah it was weird cause there was this guy and it seemed like he was from South America but he knew everything about Spain.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:08 pm
John Patrick wrote:Well I went on vacation there and I went to Madrid, Granada, Sevilla, Barcelona. Yeah it was weird cause there was this guy and it seemed like he was from South America but he knew everything about Spain.

Probably from the south of the country... in some cases there's not much difference. Although I guess they may think something similar about us. :wink:

That's a pretty good tour of the country. Most of the "flavor" is covered there. Only the north left, but it's closer to the rest of Europe. Not so "spanish".
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:24 pm
Hmm well he was speaking the "ll" as "j". Like "jo me jamo". Isn't that how they speak in SA?

In South Spain, tell me if I'm wrong but they speak with the lisp thing, like "empethar" pronunciation.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:29 pm
John Patrick wrote:Hmm well he was speaking the "ll" as "j". Like "jo me jamo". Isn't that how they speak in SA?

Sounds like argentinian... and it doesn't surprise me. A lot of people from south america come here, as we share the language and most of the culture. It's easier for them than going somewhere else.

John Patrick wrote:In South Spain, tell me if I'm wrong but they speak with the lisp thing, like "empethar" pronunciation.

Something like that (each region has a different accent)... But, really, who knows?. Even I can't understand what they say at times... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:41 pm
TMC wrote:
John Patrick wrote:Hmm well he was speaking the "ll" as "j". Like "jo me jamo". Isn't that how they speak in SA?

Sounds like argentinian... and it doesn't surprise me. A lot of people from south america come here, as we share the language and most of the culture. It's easier for them than going somewhere else.

John Patrick wrote:In South Spain, tell me if I'm wrong but they speak with the lisp thing, like "empethar" pronunciation.

Something like that (each region has a different accent)... But, really, who knows?. Even I can't understand what they say at times... :mrgreen:

Strangeisn't it, that even in a small country like Portugal, there are different accents and you can't really understand someone from a different region

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:46 am
migya wrote:Strangeisn't it, that even in a small country like Portugal, there are different accents and you can't really understand someone from a different region

It's not that strange. It happens everywhere. I can understand english pretty well, but not when a scottish is talking. Seems like they don't use vowels... not even the ones that HAVE to sound.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:13 pm
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:Clear cut self defense

prosecutor doesn't have a case

Are you allowed to just pull out a gun and start firing? Here we aren't even allowed to have a gun. I have heard of cases in the U.S. where people have been jailed for firing in self defense

you're allowed to fire if somebody beats you up and hits you with a car

And not only are you allowed to have a gun here, you're allowed to have a fcking uzi ever since the assault weapons ban exired
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:15 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Strangeisn't it, that even in a small country like Portugal, there are different accents and you can't really understand someone from a different region

It's not that strange. It happens everywhere. I can understand english pretty well, but not when a scottish is talking. Seems like they don't use vowels... not even the ones that HAVE to sound.

California has the worlds most boring accent. no expression. One could call it the place where there is no accent.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:36 pm
TMC wrote:

Scottish, Irish and some England English are reall yheavy with accents and very hard to understand

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:37 pm
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:

Are you allowed to just pull out a gun and start firing? Here we aren't even allowed to have a gun. I have heard of cases in the U.S. where people have been jailed for firing in self defense

And not only are you allowed to have a gun here, you're allowed to have a fcking uzi ever since the assault weapons ban exired

I'd love to have an uzi! No need to use one on one fighting then :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:44 am
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:

Oh, god... automatic weapons allowed... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:29 am
migya wrote:
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:
migya wrote:

I'd love to have an uzi! No need to use one on one fighting then :mrgreen:

"And why did you let the ban expire mr senator?
For very practical reasons - you needs a glock if somebody step to you and an uzi if they step to yo' crew"
ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles