Who's taking the game winner?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Who do you want the rock in who's hands to win the game?

Baron
No votes
Jrich
79%
Dunleavemeopen
14%
Dajaun
7%
Troy
No votes
Pietrus
No votes
Monta
No votes

Total votes : 14

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:12 pm
So who's gonna take that last shot to win the game.

With the pressure definately applied to Baron and Jrich, i say give "Dunleavemewideopen" the rock to work his magic ( I know, no need to remind me of that awful Portland season opener where he airballed the clutch shots... but still his got a nifty touch with his shot )

I also remember Dajaun ability to score at will in his rookie season. I think he has a certain clutchness about him which will be great.

Jrich was notorious in 2005 for tip in game winners. Shawn Bradley one game then followed it up with a tip in on top of Paul Pierce to win the game. I like Jrich to take that shot... but his very demanding of a opponents defensive scheme cause he can create his shot at will.

Baron has hit big game winners. no doubt about him being the best clutch player this team has had... but i'd like to see him in more of the role with the game winning assist. Of course Baron will have the ball with the clock winding down he just needs to find the open man.

Thoughts? Opinons? Please elaborate my wonderful Warrior colleagues!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:25 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:So who's gonna take that last shot to win the game.

With the pressure definately applied to Baron and Jrich, i say give "Dunleavemewideopen" the rock to work his magic ( I know, no need to remind me of that awful Portland season opener where he airballed the clutch shots... but still his got a nifty touch with his shot )

I also remember Dajaun ability to score at will in his rookie season. I think he has a certain clutchness about him which will be great.

Jrich was notorious in 2005 for tip in game winners. Shawn Bradley one game then followed it up with a tip in on top of Paul Pierce to win the game. I like Jrich to take that shot... but his very demanding of a opponents defensive scheme cause he can create his shot at will.

Baron has hit big game winners. no doubt about him being the best clutch player this team has had... but i'd like to see him in more of the role with the game winning assist. Of course Baron will have the ball with the clock winding down he just needs to find the open man.

Thoughts? Opinons? Please elaborate my wonderful Warrior colleagues!

:roll:

"DunleavemewideopenIwillmiss" is definately not the choice and how nice of you to bring up the (only a small percentage of) disgraceful moments dunnyboy has had in late game situations!

JRich or baron are the guys right now but Diogu could be clutch and Murphy might even be able to hit a wide open three or something at the end of the game. Monta might show some clutchness as well

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:54 am
lmao dun's not taking the game winner. he'll be the one to set up another player for the game winner though. and ROFL at that dun pic from training camp. that's great :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:16 am
Where's Foyle? :mrgreen:

Don't care who's hand it's in. Well actually most likely Baron or Jrich. But overall, the Warriors games shouldn't be that close this season. They're a changed team, so they should not be having to still learn how to close out games this season.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:53 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Where's Foyle? :mrgreen:

That's what I was going to post... :mrgreen:

Seriously, if Turdleavy touches that last ball, he takes the shot (and probably airballs it). No doubt in my mind.

But, as to who should take it, I'm going with J-Rich. That's maybe his biggest need right now, to become a clutch player (he has shown occasionally that he's able to be one, just not on a regular basis). Baron could be, too. But it will depend on how well he regains his previous form (I'm talking about his third season in the league form).

Either way, it's one of those two. As for Ike and Monta, I don't think they would be allowed to take that shot, unless it's a trick play.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:00 am
In all honesty we got to have Jrich and Baron out there in clutch moments... But Nelson has laid down the law in regards to FT (It's just too costly having bad shooters out there in the 4th)

Until Baron and Jrich lift there FT shot to Troy and Mike's level it could be a combination of anything with Dunleavy,Murphy,Ike,Monta and Wagner...

But hey i have outstanding faith in Jrich and Baron to majorily improve this training camp with FT's
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:12 pm
Oh God who voted for Dunleavy? Hah.

What about Zarko or Biedrins taking it? Hah I kid.

Anyway, like I said Jrich is the man of the hour to take that shot. We should not be in those situations though if our free throw shooting continues to improve.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:29 pm
dajuan wagner be pwnin' dem n00bs str33t st1l3
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 5:58 pm
I can't believe people are actually disagreeing about this.
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:40 pm
which player on our team made the longest buzzer beater in nba history. case closed
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:47 pm
migya wrote:"DunleavemewideopenIwillmiss"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YOU DA BOMB, MIGYA - THAT IS OFFICIALLY HIS NAME NOW :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:50 pm
2 fools picked DunleavemewideopenIwillmiss!!! Name me 1 time he made a gamewinner last year???? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:19 pm
Name one month where dunnyboy hasn't been photoed in an embarrasing position :mrgreen:

migya make the ring fall on ya
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:15 am
coltraning wrote:
migya wrote:"DunleavemewideopenIwillmiss"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

YOU DA BOMB, MIGYA - THAT IS OFFICIALLY HIS NAME NOW :mrgreen:

Get off the anti-KoQriding Dunleavy hater tip dude.

I already christian him the nickname dunleavemewideopen. Migya deserves no props for the spin i put on his name. As it stands Dunleavy is a legitamite shooter from the outside.

If you don't like it Coltraining go join a Suns messageboad you motherfuQin hater
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:28 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:I already christian him the nickname dunleavemewideopen. Migya deserves no props for the spin i put on his name. As it stands Dunleavy is a legitamite .285 shooter from the outside.

You made a mistake in your post, pawno. I corrected the quote for you. Now it's right. :wink:
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball