What do you guys think? Has BD lost the weight?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Lost Weight?

Yes
82%
No
12%
Can't tell
6%

Total votes : 17

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:36 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
uptempo wrote:How about the "Golden State Warriors of Oakland?"

Angel fans, please chime in...

Oakland Warriors should be the name as it gives distinction to the city as it should!

But I'm cool with the Golden State name. I can't see a single reason why it should be changed.

Because Golden Sate is the name for the state of Clifornia and with four teams, no one team represents California! The Warriors should be called Oakland or Bay area Warriors if San Fransico is also represented by them

And that's a bad thing why?. Golden State is their traditional name and I think they should stick to it. No need to change names for... what?. More recognizement for the city?. Screw it. Better keep the team's identity.

Changing the name to Oakland or Bay Area Warriors gives the team and franchise far more identity! It signifies the city comletely and not the whole state which makes no sense!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:51 am
migya wrote:Changing the name to Oakland or Bay Area Warriors gives the team and franchise far more identity! It signifies the city comletely and not the whole state which makes no sense!

Ok. I can agree with that. But it should have happened when the franchise was moved there. Why change the name 30 years later?. It's like erasing 30 years of its history.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:47 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Changing the name to Oakland or Bay Area Warriors gives the team and franchise far more identity! It signifies the city comletely and not the whole state which makes no sense!

Ok. I can agree with that. But it should have happened when the franchise was moved there. Why change the name 30 years later?. It's like erasing 30 years of its history.

think that's overreacting and not seeing things clearly. The team is from Oakland and that is what it should be named

All Star
Poster Credit: 7
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 8:19 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

think that's overreacting and not seeing things clearly. The team is from Oakland and that is what it should be named

A, simple, and true statement. I concur with my friend from Perth.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:46 pm
uptempo wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

A, simple, and true statement. I concur with my friend from Perth.

Thanks my uptempo friend :)

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:04 pm
I concur it should be Oakland Warriors and the Silver and Black should be more along the lines of Golden State Raiders. Al Davis has moved the team a total of 3 times within Cali-forn-ni-yeah ( And there's always grumbling about moving back to L.A )

But i'd really love to see the Warriors rock the Phila Warriors uniforms. I know it would be even more outrageous then having the Golden State name but the Phila era was when we had our best player in Wilt ( Some would argue Wilt never actually was a Golden State Warrior... and if that's the case cool, i'll take Rick Barry anyday )
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:37 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:But i'd really love to see the Warriors rock the Phila Warriors uniforms. I know it would be even more outrageous then having the Golden State name but the Phila era was when we had our best player in Wilt ( Some would argue Wilt never actually was a Golden State Warrior... and if that's the case cool, i'll take Rick Barry anyday )

Nah, Wilt was a Warrior. The history of a team is linked to one or more cities, but still is the history of the team. All the championships won in Philly are Warriors Championships.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:06 am
Then why TMC do the banners hang in Philadelphia and not Oakland... it's cause of our identity.

You don't see the banners of Minesota Lakers championships above KG21 ugly head. ( The World can't have it 2 ways !!! )
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:17 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Then why TMC do the banners hang in Philadelphia and not Oakland... it's cause of our identity.

Easy. Those f*ckers stole them from us!!!!. We need to recover them the next time we play there. :evil:

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:33 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:I concur it should be Oakland Warriors and the Silver and Black should be more along the lines of Golden State Raiders. Al Davis has moved the team a total of 3 times within Cali-forn-ni-yeah ( And there's always grumbling about moving back to L.A )

But i'd really love to see the Warriors rock the Phila Warriors uniforms. I know it would be even more outrageous then having the Golden State name but the Phila era was when we had our best player in Wilt ( Some would argue Wilt never actually was a Golden State Warrior... and if that's the case cool, i'll take Rick Barry anyday )

How about the Greater West Coast Raiders?

Wilt was both a Philadelphia as well as a San Francisco Warrior.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:53 am
uptempo wrote:
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:I concur it should be Oakland Warriors and the Silver and Black should be more along the lines of Golden State Raiders. Al Davis has moved the team a total of 3 times within Cali-forn-ni-yeah ( And there's always grumbling about moving back to L.A )

Uptempo i am dredding the day Oakland moves from the Yay back to Los Angelas. Too many superbowls have been won by Bay Area teams and it would be disgusting to see The Raiders move... But i've read rumors of San Fransisco moving too. L.A 49'ers sounds kind of spooky.

All Star
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:39 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:
uptempo wrote:

Uptempo i am dredding the day Oakland moves from the Yay back to Los Angelas. Too many superbowls have been won by Bay Area teams and it would be disgusting to see The Raiders move... But i've read rumors of San Fransisco moving too. L.A 49'ers sounds kind of spooky.

The best hope for both Bay Area teams is for the A's to get a smaller and more intimate ballpark in downtown Oakland and for the current stadium in Oakland to be refurbished as a strictly football only facility for both the Raiders and the niners. No way does SF put another stadium measure on the ballot; it will lose. If something like this does not happen, yes, the niners could be playing in Los Angeles. I see the dischargers as the more likely candidate to move into the LA market, however.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 12:00 pm
uptempo wrote:I see the dischargers as the more likely candidate to move into the LA market, however.

I had the Saints as the most likely team to move there, but after the support they're getting from their city, I don't think they'll move in the close future.

I hope the Niners stay there, it would be a shame to lose that team for San Francisco. I'm not so attached to the Raiders, tho. :mrgreen:
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:51 pm
i personally like golden state warriors. its a very good name. and its puts the warriors as sort of the marquee team in california. everyone already knows the W's be reppin the bay anyways. i say keep the name.
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:25 am
kfresh wrote:i personally like golden state warriors. its a very good name. and its puts the warriors as sort of the marquee team in california. everyone already knows the W's be reppin the bay anyways. i say keep the name.

Yes! I'm not alone after all. :wink:
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball