The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:26 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Looks like you and pawno are tied at 15-13 TMC.

Not for long, after pawno picked the Raiders over the niners...:mrgreen:

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:And like I said about the Cowboys/Eagles game, the Eagles just have a bad record against their division. I hate the Cowboys but I'm going with statistics. Well, actually I'll change my mind, I'm with the Eagles after hearing about a couple new things about what the Eagles are preparing for T.O.'s homecoming.

So your pick is Philly over Dallas, then. Could you edit your first post with the picks?. 'Cos that's the one I'm gonna check to update the records and that way I won't miss the change.

Finally, pawno, could you please bring back your old avatar?. This one is hurting my eyes. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:08 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:XBayareawarriorX

A Raider doesn't dress up in Halloween gear for games. If you knew the true meaning of Plata Di Negro. It's about wearing black 247365

I do respect Head Coach Marty Scrotumballsackdickheadhiemer for being such a fabulous coach of the Chargers and beating the Raiders on many occassions.

But how good would a superbowl be if it was Raiders vs Niners. Jets vs Giants or even Redskins vs Ravens... Raiders vs Niners is definately the best rivalry of week 5.

No, I don't know the true meaning of that because well, I'm a die hard Niner fan. I just can't wait to see the Raiders and Niners go at it, not only will there be a game on the field, but a couple in the stands with fans going at it.

And as you should respect the man who's manhandled your Raider team regardless of the talent he had. Good for you pawno.

And I strongly disagree with the Raiders and Niners of week 5 being the best of the rivalry games played this week. No doubt it is the Philly/Dallas one. Trust me, I've seen a couple Eagles and Cowboys boards and there is major heat there. Can't wait to see that game either. The Raiders/Niners game, unfortunately, is the Game of the Weak. But it still will be a MUST WATCH because the Niners will be very hungry for points after last weeks horrible offensive/defensive performance and the Raiders will be hungry for well...their first win. :mrgreen:

TMC wrote:Not for long, after pawno picked the Raiders over the niners...:mrgreen:

That's the spirit. :)
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 2:44 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:The Raiders/Niners game, unfortunately, is the Game of the Weak. But it still will be a MUST WATCH because the Niners will be very hungry for points after last weeks horrible offensive/defensive performance and the Raiders will be hungry for well...their first win. :mrgreen:

::lol:

The game of the WEAK... so true. But not for long, as the Niners will be a good team in a couple of years (sorry pawno, but don't worry. The Raiders will be a good team in a couple of decades) :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:47 am
Sh*t, I forgot about the Monday night game in the picks post. Here it is:

Ravens at Broncos ==> I expect a defensive game in which Denver, just by making less mistakes, gets the win.

McNair has played bad during most of the games, just to have a saving drive at the end. It won't happen again against a defense so good as Denver's. Although Jake the Snake is also able to lose the game by himself, so it's a bit of a toss-up.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:03 am
Ravens- My Raiders need to keep the spirit alive.

Lets GO RAY LEWIS. Help out my boys
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:03 pm
Oh I thought something was missing.

Ravens @ Broncos ==> Broncos. I pray Plummer continues to excel and not choke like against the Rams. This will be the battle of the defenses. Whoever can play defense better will win because both teams have the offense going, it's just up to the defenses to stop 'em.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:31 am
TD Galloway. Bruce Gradkowski has just lost his NFL virginity!!!!!

He's done more in one drive than Simms in three games!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:06 pm
I never thought I was going to say this but... our defense is horrible.

The game is over... good news is that we're one game closer to the #1 draft pick. :banghead:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:13 pm
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: TAMPA BAY SUXS

Oakland is going to be recording there 1st win way before Tampa Bay do. Sucked in TMC
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:21 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote::mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: TAMPA BAY SUXS

Oakland is going to be recording there 1st win way before Tampa Bay do. Sucked in TMC

::lol:

F*cker. That's probably true... but I'd rather finish 1-15 and have the first pick than 3-13 like the Raiders will do and get the 4th.

Hey, I've got an idea. We send you back Gruden and you give us back our four draft picks, deal? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 1:26 pm
TD Niners :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:54 pm
the raiders-niners game was difficult to watch. i wasn't impressed with either team, but i'm embarassed for the raiders. why keep walter out? why keep lamont jordon on you payroll? why bother?
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Pawn, for the love of god, change the avatar. It's making me sick. I don't wanna think of Dun unless he's being made fun of (such as migya's avatar).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:08 pm
Looks like we all found out who really runs the bay. And don't use the Raiders preseason win over the Niners an excuse. Keyword, preseason. Go Niners. :D

TMC, I feel sorry for your team man. You guys almost had it. But then you forgot that Reggie Bush can return punts for TD's also. Ain't he fast or what? That's what I call speed.

And hey Jerry Jones, you wanted him, you got him. What can you expect from T.O.?

Anyway here's today's scores. The score goes by the team on the left has the score on the left you know.

DAL @ PHI 24-38 - This was the only time Philly will never be known as the city of "Brotherly Love." Horrible pass protection and brilliant defense led to a great performance by Jim Johnson's defense.

CLE @ CAR 12-20 - We all knew who was going to win anyway.

OAK @ SF 20-34 - Go Frank. Go Alex. And the Niners first picks came off the Raiders. Go Niners.

NYJ @ JAC 0-41 - That has to be the worst performance I've ever seen by the Jets defensively of course, but offensively also. Look at Pennington's stats and you'd agree.

KC @ ARI 23-20 - The Chiefs upset Leinart's first career start. Matt did a great job today, I liked his performance. Better than Vince Young's first start. Just waiting on Cutler now.

DET @ MIN 17-26 - Bad decisions by Detroit led to another loss. Watch out TMC, the Lions are still in the hunt for that 1st pick.

TEN @ IND 13-14 - Almost an upset but Manning came back as usual. Good job by Vince.

STL @ GB 23-20 - Nice game. GB had a chance at the end but a fumble ended all that.

BUF @ CHI 7-40 - Just keep trying to jinx the Bears pawno, just try. You think Chicago isn't forreal? Skies the limit for your stupidity.

WAS @ NYG 3-19 - The chemistry was back. No more whining from Shockey. Bad day for the Redskins who are ranked 3rd in offense.

TB @ NO 21-24 - Just when you thought it was a win, Reggie Bush comes in and burns you on a punt return for a TD. Hey, the bright side is that you know what Bruce can do. No need for Simms this season unless he starts to become inconsistent. But if he keeps playing like he did today, ROTY candidate for sure. Whoever thought that a 6th rounder could do it?

MIA @ NE 10-20 - Yeah, well with or without Culpepper, ah you know where I'm getting.

PIT @ SD - In progress. Go Chargers.

I'm 11-1 as of now. PIT/SD and BAL/DEN are left. Just missed the undefeated record this week because of the damn Redskins.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 8:24 pm
did you pick the cowboys to win?

i'm about to go 11-2 because i thought the defending champs would show up against a "rookie" qb. the steelers were/are a fluke.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board