What do you guys think? Has BD lost the weight?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Lost Weight?

Yes
82%
No
12%
Can't tell
6%

Total votes : 17

All Star
Poster Credit: 8
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:21 pm
#32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:Richardson should watch film of Michael Finley during his prime years at Dallas. Richardson, potentially, can become our Michael Finley.

Is it cool if I'd rather just have our Richardson? :dontknow:

Yes, it would be cool for Richardson to be our Richardson; however, he still needs to elevate his game to an All-Star level. Finley is a good example of the type of player that Richardson can become. I see the skill sets being very similar.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:37 pm
Finley (like Richardson) has been a scorer his whole career. Neither are really exceptional at anything else. Finley was a better passer (barely) and Rich was a better rebounder (again, barely).

Last year (Jason's 5th), Richardson averaged 23.2 PPG (a level Finley never got to, topping out at 22.6 PPG in his 6th season). By my standards, that means Richardson surpassed Finley (at his peak) last year.

Their styles for scoring are nearly identical... but last year, Richardson passed up Finley's best season (and I doubt Richardson has peaked, so he'll continue to leave Finley's level of play in the dust). Even if Finley (in his time) was an All Star, Richardson (at least, to me) is the better overall player.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:47 pm
#32 wrote:
uptempo wrote:Richardson should watch film of Michael Finley during his prime years at Dallas. Richardson, potentially, can become our Michael Finley.

JRich had as good a season last season as Finley's best season or there abouts and he is still very young so I'll take JRich now over Finley when he was younger

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:23 am
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:

JRich had as good a season last season as Finley's best season or there abouts and he is still very young so I'll take JRich now over Finley when he was younger

I think both are pretty similar, although Fin was a bit more clutch. Good news is that J-Rich is improving at that, too. The only real difference is that I think Fin was a better defender.

About the all start status, if J-Rich were playing in Dallas, he'd also be an all star. Wins get you that status.

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:18 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:

I think both are pretty similar, although Fin was a bit more clutch. Good news is that J-Rich is improving at that, too. The only real difference is that I think Fin was a better defender.

About the all start status, if J-Rich were playing in Dallas, he'd also be an all star. Wins get you that status.

All good comments!

I always noticed how Finley was able to take over a game. I have not seen Richardson able to do this, yet.

If he, Richardson, can improve his ball handling skills, WATCH OUT! In on open court game, this team can be quite dangerous. Also, Richardson, in the half court game, has shown an ability to put the ball on the floor and get to the basket with a dunk or a layup.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:28 am
uptempo wrote:I always noticed how Finley was able to take over a game. I have not seen Richardson able to do this, yet.

He did last year in Dallas, for example. It's just that it doesn't happen as often as it should, but he has improved lately in that regard.

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:53 am
I'm pretty confident that this year will be a lot better than the last. Making the Playoffs of course once again is debatable, but overall I'm lookin forward to it. I love those yellow City jerseys...does this mean that they will wear the blue City jerseys as well?

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:18 am
How about the "Golden State Warriors of Oakland?"

Angel fans, please chime in...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:45 pm
uptempo wrote:How about the "Golden State Warriors of Oakland?"

I'm anxiously awaiting a "Golden State Warriors of Golden State" name... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:52 pm

Oakland Warriors should be the name as it gives distinction to the city as it should!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:20 am
migya wrote:

Oakland Warriors should be the name as it gives distinction to the city as it should!

I'd go with Bay Area Warriors. After all, the team represents the whole Bay Area. It's not like the Raiders or Niners, that have another team in the same area.

But I'm cool with the Golden State name. I can't see a single reason why it should be changed.

All Star
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:00 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

I'd go with Bay Area Warriors. After all, the team represents the whole Bay Area. It's not like the Raiders or Niners, that have another team in the same area.

But I'm cool with the Golden State name. I can't see a single reason why it should be changed.

As an Oakland resident, I believe that the team should be the Oakland Warriors. It's training facilities are downtown and its arena is also in Oakland. The name Golden State came about when the team used to play at multiple home venues (SF, Oakland, and San Diego (yes, San Diego)).

Oakland just doesn't get the respect as a brand that it should. It is a great city with great restaurants, good weather, a fantastic centrally location (via the whole Bay Area), and cool residential architecture; however, it is a city that has been labeled as violent and, unfortuntately, "urban" in a bad way.

Oh well...how about "Golden Gate Warriors?"
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:40 pm
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Because Golden Sate is the name for the state of Clifornia and with four teams, no one team represents California! The Warriors should be called Oakland or Bay area Warriors if San Fransico is also represented by them

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 8:09 pm
I think the Warriors are the only team in professional sports today that's name doesn't have the name of their city, state, region, or country.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:12 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:

Because Golden Sate is the name for the state of Clifornia and with four teams, no one team represents California! The Warriors should be called Oakland or Bay area Warriors if San Fransico is also represented by them

And that's a bad thing why?. Golden State is their traditional name and I think they should stick to it. No need to change names for... what?. More recognizement for the city?. Screw it. Better keep the team's identity.
PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball