MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:00 pm
TMC wrote:A special delivery for xBayAreaWarriorx and migya (as you already have the DVD).

LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN- Starring... the f*cker formerly known as Josh Harnett
Year - 2006

(I'll try not to spoil the plot) Due to a case of mistaken identity, Harnett's characters finds himself in the middle of a war between two rival mob bosses who live one in front of the other (so to say). Things get sour from there...

This is a really good movie, with a witty script, a more than decent story, and an excellent cast (Bruce Wilis, Morgan Freeman, Ben Kingsley, Lucy Liu...). It has only one big flaw. The main character is played by Josh Harnett, who is as expressive as my fist can be. That guy can't act.

Other than that, this movie is F-U-N. Not a classic, but really entertaining, and one of the few (good) noir movies done lately.

Go watch it NOW!

Ah yes, I was waiting for a review on this. Im'a go get it right now.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:09 pm
Have it on DVD but still haven't seen it! Will soon though

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:25 am
I've just got Click, although I won't have time to watch it till the weekend. I'll post my review then.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:41 pm
TMC wrote:I've just got Click, although I won't have time to watch it till the weekend. I'll post my review then.

It's already out on DVD? I didn't see the beginning of that so I have to pick it up.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:50 pm
TMC wrote:I've just got Click, although I won't have time to watch it till the weekend. I'll post my review then.

great movie!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:58 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:It's already out on DVD? I didn't see the beginning of that so I have to pick it up.

I'm not sure. I've got a DVDrip version... but could be from a screener. Doesn't matter, tho. The quality is still pretty good.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:33 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:It's already out on DVD? I didn't see the beginning of that so I have to pick it up.

I'm not sure. I've got a DVDrip version... but could be from a screener. Doesn't matter, tho. The quality is still pretty good.

Oh I see. I was wondering because the release date for here in America is 10/10/06.
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:39 pm
You all gotta read the "F-ck Rodger Ebert" review at www.pastamafia.com under the movie section.
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:56 am
I was going to watch Click (will do soon), but lately find myself more in the mood for violence, so I picked:

CITY OF GOD- Starring... a bunch of unknown brazilians
Year - 2002

This movie, for those that haven't heard of it, is about gang wars in a brazilian favela (a ghetto of sorts) called "City of God". The story is told from the 1960s till nowadays, and follows the lives of severals boys from the hood. Some will become gangsters, some will try to live their own life outside of crime (not always succesfully), and some will try to leave the favela no matter the cost.

What makes this movie so great is that it tells things that really happen, and tells them in an emotional and stunning way, showing both sides of life, being ruthless when it needs to be, and showing the more enjoyable sides when needed, too. You won't be bored any second of it.

All you have to watch it NOW. Blind buy if needed. This is a top 10 movie all-time.

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:01 am
Josh Jamison wrote:You all gotta read the "F-ck Rodger Ebert" review at www.pastamafia.com under the movie section.

::lol:

I've never read a review by this Ebert guy... and I don't think I will now.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:28 am
City of God! Saw that on the international channel here (SBS, pawno and breezer will know it) and it was rather extreme because it is about a true story!

How about zapeceno (littlejoe)! He was one sick muthafuka that deserved to get killed much quicker than what he did! One violent killer he was!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 4:43 am
migya wrote:City of God! Saw that on the international channel here (SBS, pawno and breezer will know it) and it was rather extreme because it is about a true story!

How about zapeceno (littlejoe)! He was one sick muthafuka that deserved to get killed much quicker than what he did! One violent killer he was!

Ze Pequenho was really translated as littlejoe?.

That character made the movie. He deserved to have died before, but he kept moving the script till the very end.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 5:43 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:City of God! Saw that on the international channel here (SBS, pawno and breezer will know it) and it was rather extreme because it is about a true story!

That character made the movie. He deserved to have died before, but he kept moving the script till the very end.

A fairly violent but also funny movie! How about that young bich who was married to the older man and she ended up geting fuked by one of the three from the earler group (when littlejoe was still very young) in the arse while having a banana in her snatch :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:13 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

A fairly violent but also funny movie! How about that young bich who was married to the older man and she ended up geting fuked by one of the three from the earler group (when littlejoe was still very young) in the arse while having a banana in her snatch :mrgreen:

Eh... for anyone that wants to see the movie without knowing what will happen... the last three posts are full of spoilers. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:24 pm
TMC wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:You all gotta read the "F-ck Rodger Ebert" review at www.pastamafia.com under the movie section.

I've never read a review by this Ebert guy... and I don't think I will now.

Well during previews of movies the narrarator they mention what Ebert thinks about the movie and he does a good job most of the time. I'm sorry for pasta mafia but some of the reviews are bogus. But then there are good ones also.
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum