The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:51 pm
TMC

JP stands for JUSTIFIED PRECISION.

Didn't you back the Vykings cause of there great DEFENSE.

23-32 completion rate for JUSTIFIED PRECISION is a pretty good sunday!

Oh well bro, you can't pick all the teams correct

How's Miami going for ya? :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:36 pm
Arizona at Atlanta - Way to take out their frustration on the Cards. My Pick: ATL, Result: 32-10 ATL

Dallas at Tennessee. - Titans suck and Vince needs to realize this is the NFL. And what the hell was that about Haynesworth? You're a bigger jerk than T.O. was in Philly. Could've hurt the man more severe than you'd think dumba*s. My Pick: DAL, Result: 45-14

Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets - What an ending. Loved the whole game. The Jets fought. But going for it on 4th down was a bad choice by Mangini. My Pick: IND, Result: 31-28 IND

Miami at Houston - Oh gah, didn't expect this. Miami is doing horrible. What a loss by Miami and what a win by the Texans. The way Culpepper is playing, he makes the Vikings look like they're on the winning side of that trade. My Pick: MIA, Result: 17-15 HOU

Minnesota at Buffalo - Was originally going with Buffalo. Don't I feel moded. My Pick: MIN, Result: 17-12 BUF

New Orleans at Carolina - I was correct. Smith brings so much to the Panthers offense. But hey, the Saints never let up and they had a chance to have an emotional break down. But they didn't and I'm proud of that from their squad. My Pick: CAR, Result: 21-18 CAR

San Diego at Baltimore - Great game, it just didn't end the right way for Rivers. McNeil broke down and the Ravens got the GW sack. My Pick: SD, Result: 16-13 BAL

San Francisco at Kansas City - Hey I can be bias too, the Niners are my team regardless of the score. Bad day for Smith and the Niner D. My Pick: SF, Result: 41-0 KC

Detroit at St. Louis - Bulger did a great job today. Marinelli is going to have one long season in Detroit. My Pick: STL, Result: 41-34 STL

Cleveland at Oakland - Great 1st half, miserable 2nd. Why even go for it on 4th down with like 11-12 minutes left in the game? The Raiders really know how to stink up the place. My Pick: CLE, Result: 24-21 CLE

Jacksonville at Washington - Yikes, Saunders did real well coaching this offense to a win. Whoever thought the 'Skins would've took this one. My Pick: JAC, Result: 36-30 WAS in overtime

New England at Cincinnati - Chad Johnson can talk all the trash he wants. But not against Belichick. My Pick: CIN, Result: 38-13 NE

Seattle at Chicago - Way to pressure the Hasslebeck. That's what you call defense. And anyone still have their doubts about Grossman? I'm loving Chicago's chances in the NFC. My Pick: CHI, Result: 37-6 CHI

Green Bay at Philadelphia - Tomorrow. My Pick: PHI, Result: ???

I'm 7-6 so far this week. Bad week for me. Suprising performances by certain teams led to that record.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:02 pm
damn, the niners sucked. if alex smith took 3 steps forward so far this season, he caught a bus going the opposite direction and stay on it until the end of the line.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:03 am
What a weekend... 6-7 pending the Eagles game... I'd probably get better results with random picks next time.

I'm really impressed with Chicago and Baltimore... and I'm not really sold on Grossman yet. Not because of the way he's been playing, but because his seasonal injury can't take long.

I still think that Seattle should be the favorite to win the NFC, but only if they have the best record (and they need Alexander to be back and healthy to get it). Nobody will be able to win in Seattle come playoff time... if not, I don't think they'll make it. In that case, Chicago is my pick for the NFC.

As for the AFC, Baltimore defense is impressive. If they're free of injuries, they should be the main contender. That's a big if, tho.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:23 am
The video of the weekend. 49ers highlights against the Chiefs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdo9c_AioL0
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:22 pm
I'm not even going to watch those highlights. It was already a horrible performance to say the least. Damn...

Anyone thinking the Bears will take the NFC? I'm pretty sure they can. The way the Bears are playing, there's no doubt in my mind they'll take the NFC this year by storm. They really love playing at Soldier Field, and that'll be the key if the Bears end up getting home field. 12-4, 13-3, 14-2, 15-1. Any of those records should be the Bears' record due to the fact their schedule are pretty automatic. The only game I see as a matchup is the New England one. Barring an upset or a major injury, this team is definitely a Superbowl contender.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:35 pm
The Bears won't be there at the end of the season i can tell you that.
Grossman is a choker against GREAT DEFENSES. It would have been a better game with Shawn Alexander moving those chains and the Seahawks defense getting to rest up a little more.

But what scares me the most is Seattle D can't shut down great Quaterbacks ( How good was Eli last weekend?- I don't know whether to praise Eli's recieving corp or blast Seattle Secondary)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:02 pm
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'm not even going to watch those highlights. It was already a horrible performance to say the least. Damn...

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

You have no idea what you're missing. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:04 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:The Bears won't be there at the end of the season i can tell you that.
Grossman is a choker against GREAT DEFENSES. It would have been a better game with Shawn Alexander moving those chains and the Seahawks defense getting to rest up a little more.

But what scares me the most is Seattle D can't shut down great Quaterbacks ( How good was Eli last weekend?- I don't know whether to praise Eli's recieving corp or blast Seattle Secondary)

I only have three teams in contention for the NFC. Seattle, Chicago and Philly. The one that has the better record wins it. Easy.

Now, the AFC is the conference where is going to be tough to pick.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:23 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'm not even going to watch those highlights. It was already a horrible performance to say the least. Damn...

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

You have no idea what you're missing. :wink:

Hah, wow. I get it now.

TMC wrote:I only have three teams in contention for the NFC. Seattle, Chicago and Philly. The one that has the better record wins it. Easy.

Now, the AFC is the conference where is going to be tough to pick.

Well looking at the schedules, both Seattle and Chicago have the easier schedule over Philly. The Eagles have the NFC East to take care of along with two notable games being against the Colts and Panthers. I'm all in with Chicago. I'm not a Seahawks guy, and I do agree, Alexander is a difference maker, but because he's on the Madden cover and the Seahawks may sometime show the Superbowl hangover, that I'm with the Bears. Plus I'd like to see a championship go through Chi-town.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:03 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Well looking at the schedules, both Seattle and Chicago have the easier schedule over Philly. The Eagles have the NFC East to take care of along with two notable games being against the Colts and Panthers. I'm all in with Chicago. I'm not a Seahawks guy, and I do agree, Alexander is a difference maker, but because he's on the Madden cover and the Seahawks may sometime show the Superbowl hangover, that I'm with the Bears. Plus I'd like to see a championship go through Chi-town.

Don't know about that. Philly has one of the most balanced teams of the whole league (Stallworth for a 4th and Simoneau was a steal), and their schedule ain't that hard. I can see them finish with a 13-3 record...

I'm not so sure about Seattle. They are one of the toughest teams at home, but they're much worse without Alexander and their O-Line still hasn't develop a viable substitute for Hutchinson.

Chicago will go as far as that defense leads them. And Grossman will probably go down injured at some point during the season. We'll see what happens then.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:38 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Well looking at the schedules, both Seattle and Chicago have the easier schedule over Philly. The Eagles have the NFC East to take care of along with two notable games being against the Colts and Panthers. I'm all in with Chicago. I'm not a Seahawks guy, and I do agree, Alexander is a difference maker, but because he's on the Madden cover and the Seahawks may sometime show the Superbowl hangover, that I'm with the Bears. Plus I'd like to see a championship go through Chi-town.

Don't know about that. Philly has one of the most balanced teams of the whole league (Stallworth for a 4th and Simoneau was a steal), and their schedule ain't that hard. I can see them finish with a 13-3 record...

I'm not so sure about Seattle. They are one of the toughest teams at home, but they're much worse without Alexander and their O-Line still hasn't develop a viable substitute for Hutchinson.

Chicago will go as far as that defense leads them. And Grossman will probably go down injured at some point during the season. We'll see what happens then.

Well Stallworth is injured so that receiving core downgrades but Lewis, Brown, and Smith have been solid. They don't have a overall tough schedule, but their schedule looks tougher compared to Seattle's and Chicago's.

And I'm really pulling for the Bears to take it this year. I like their overall team and their chances.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:37 pm
just curious...

do you guys think the carolina panthers will take care of business against the cleveland brownies?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:51 pm
drfrank wrote:damn, the niners sucked. if alex smith took 3 steps forward so far this season, he caught a bus going the opposite direction and stay on it until the end of the line.

You can't just discount all the progress we've seen this season due to one game. I heard a moron on the radio talking about trading him after the Chiefs game. Even though he played QB like a total sav the first 3 games. Give the guy a break; it was a team loss. The defense played like crap... and Gore didn't help, either.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:07 pm
#32 wrote:
drfrank wrote:damn, the niners sucked. if alex smith took 3 steps forward so far this season, he caught a bus going the opposite direction and stay on it until the end of the line.

You can't just discount all the progress we've seen this season due to one game. I heard a moron on the radio talking about trading him after the Chiefs game. Even though he played QB like a total sav the first 3 games. Give the guy a break; it was a team loss. The defense played like crap... and Gore didn't help, either.

Well he must of been a major a*shole. One miserable performance and he says that. Oh well, more motivation for Alex.

Overall, Alex is making progress. He's doing well under Norv Turner so there's nothing to worry about. Gore has been fumble galore the past 4 games and that defense sucks just as bad. Smith is doing what he can, it's all on the others to help him out. He needs a supporting cast, and the way things are playing out, looks like there won't be one showing up any time soon. Overall, Alex is doing fine, it's the others that need to step up and progress with him.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board