Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:32 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Wagner is a wannker! Enough said :mrgreen:

Seems like the jury already has a verdict... :wink:

Which is why there's no sense in me explaining it over and over. Like Mike Dunleavy, migya's opinion on Wagner has already been set in stone... without even seeing him play one second in a Warriors' jersey.

But his opinion (like mine) is not about his game, it's about the signing. It's not a negative opinion of Wagner, but of the need for him. There's a difference.

And the fact that Wagner hasn't performed that well so far in his career! I'm not judging the guy already because he hasn't played yet fot the team but, by what he has shown in his career. I'm not expecting much PG play but rather him trying to score at will, that's his game. This is not what is needed by a backup PG in a run and gun style. What is needed is more distributing than anything else and Wagner has never been much of one!

migya make the ring fall on ya

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:46 pm
Well obviously Mullin and Nellie don't agree with you because if that were true they wouldn't have signed Wagner because they already had a back up distributor in McLeod :!: Mullin/Nelson>>>>>>>>>>migya :mrgreen:
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:46 pm
Whatever problems Dajuan Wagner had in the past (both medically... and as far as his game) have been fixed. The Warriors didn't rush into this; they saw him rip up the summer league, they went to Jersey to watch him play some more, they invited him for a workout, and THEN (after all that) they offered him a 2-year deal for chump change.

So, in review, his game is obviously not in question. The Warriors (who have pretty damn good eyes for talent) have deemed him worthy. The only question was his health (which doctors have labeled as 'miraculous').

AND, on top of that, he's not stealing any floor time from Monta Ellis. He's stealing time from Keith McCloud and Andre Owens. Now, with Wagner, we can waive McCloud and Owens to add more depth to the roster that can be helpful (*cough* a small forward).

What's the problem, again?
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:02 pm
Looking at how Bonzi Wells signed with the Rockets for fukall and wil likely not have as much of an opportunity to perform as good as he would have as the warriors starting SF (which would have happened if he signed here), Mullin should have offered him such a measily contract. It would have been better than sighning Wagner.

No point me going on about why else signing Wagner was no good, I've already done that

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:32 pm
migya wrote:Looking at how Bonzi Wells signed with the Rockets for fukall and wil likely not have as much of an opportunity to perform as good as he would have as the warriors starting SF (which would have happened if he signed here), Mullin should have offered him such a measily contract. It would have been better than sighning Wagner.

No point me going on about why else signing Wagner was no good, I've already done that

we should have signed Bonzi, too...
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:28 am
#32 wrote: they offered him a 2-year deal for chump change.

How much?. I still haven't seen the figures anywhere...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:25 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote: they offered him a 2-year deal for chump change.

How much?. I still haven't seen the figures anywhere...

That's all they've reported. 2 years for a near-minimum deal.

All Star
Poster Credit: 5
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:20 pm
talent for cheap baby, thats what im talking about. watch him do his thizzle with monta 2nd unit.
"Losing is inevitably close to winning," Guber said. "They're inches apart. Drama. If you have drama, you've got a ticket to sell." "They're not real fans," Lacob said. "They don't have season tickets."
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:36 pm
ChronicallyInclined wrote:talent for cheap baby, thats what im talking about. watch him do his thizzle with monta 2nd unit.

Hope so but it is likely that he will try to do the "me against the other team" thing and hopefully get booted off the court, for his sake hopefully not in the arse aka. Colon :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:57 am
Unlikely. Wagner understands this is his last chance to prove himself in the NBA. There's no quicker way to get axed than to start a shooting frenzy when a team asks you to come in and play PG.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:00 am
#32 wrote:when a team asks you to come in and play PG.

According to Nellie, they signed him because he's "instant offense" and "a big scorer"... doesn't sound much like pg duties.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:05 am
Either way, how is he going to impress people by jacking up useless shots 20 times a night? He understands that; he's not here to take over the show, he's here to play a simple role.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:20 am
#32 wrote:Either way, how is he going to impress people by jacking up useless shots 20 times a night? He understands that; he's not here to take over the show, he's here to play a simple role.

What worries me is that it may be Monta's role...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:36 am
I doubt it. He's here to play WITH Monta; not FOR him.

Having another scoring threat on the floor will make Monta more dangerous.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:49 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:when a team asks you to come in and play PG.

According to Nellie, they signed him because he's "instant offense" and "a big scorer"... doesn't sound much like pg duties.

That statement makes Nelson look more worrisome to me! Wagner for instant offense? How many guys off the bench are suppose to get that ball and be instant offense! Not everyone can be and the fact that Wagner is not a 6'6, 6'7 man means that he will have to do this instant offense from the sG spot and be sure that the opposing SG will make a mockery of little Wagner's defense and throw instant offense right back at us!

Strange signing and does not seem to fit

PreviousNext

Return to News Articles