Do you expect the Warriors to win now?

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Do you expect the Warriors to win now?

Yeah, with the way they've been playing recently!
42%
I'm a Warrior's fan, I always expect them to win!
47%
I don't really care. I just want them to play the foreigners.
11%

Total votes : 19

Rookie
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:48 am
GSDubs wrote:Do YOU feel it?

Also, Jim Barnett said that for the last few games he expects the Warriors to win now, with the addition of Baron Davis. Just wondering what y'all thought.

Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:19 am
I think they have a good chance of winning now, but Baron is still getting healthy and there's still that big hole at the C position so I dont see them as a huge threat....YET. After the draft/offseason hopefully that will change.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:46 pm
Funny, they want to win and they can, yet their priority is go get healthy. Oh yea, JRich and Baron said they want to go out there and spoil someone's playoff hope/race, just like they did last night with 76ers!

Rookie
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:20 pm
I don't mean to be pessimistic, but for the past few years, the warriors have been winning the games toward the end of the season. Then the talk about if they won those 10-15 close games that were decided by 5 or less, they would be in the playoffs. I'm all for them winning right now. However, I wouldn't mind them getting healthy and developing guys like Biedrins and Pietrus so that next year they can win those close games early in the season AND the games down the stretch so that I can finally be excited about PLAYOFF BASKETBALL. (Next on tnt, its game 3 between the Golden State Warriors and the Phoenix Suns). How sweet that sounds.
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:02 pm
Yeah that is so true on how the warriors usually start winning after the all star break, when its too late.
Mickeal Pietrus is the future.
¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ ¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:55 pm
Like I've said, the W's should limit the Big 3's minutes in preparation for next year. They've all had injuries this year, so why not let them rest a bit and play it safe for a run next year. at the same time we can take a look at the 3 Europeans and White to see what we need to do this offseaon. Play the big three no more than 25 a night, but make sure they're on the floor together to build some unity. If we lose all our games, who cares, we're out of the playoff hunt, and we'll have a better chance at a high pick. Any wins right now are just for self-esteem.
Here we go again...
Role Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:57 pm
Who cares, as long as they start winning. I hate watching a 2 hour game and then watch them lose.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:31 am
well they did blow out the sixers the other night, and those guys have playoff aspirations.... i'm torn between wanting them to win some and wanting them to improve their draft position. it's nice there's a definite positive vibe tho...
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?!"

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:25 am
right now it really doesn't matter if they win..i just want them to beat anybody who's screwed with us before (webber, sprewell, etc)

anyone thing we might actually keep skita? i see us playing White, but i think mully is set on just letting skita go, especially with the development of Biedrins and Cabarkapa.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:31 am
It wouldn't be surprise if they keep Skita because he knows what Biedrins and Cabarkapa are talking about, and he's the translator. They hang out pretty often since Skita came in.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:49 am
semaru_baka wrote:It wouldn't be surprise if they keep Skita because he knows what Biedrins and Cabarkapa are talking about, and he's the translator. They hang out pretty often since Skita came in.

Thats no reason to extend a contract though haha. Got to work on keeping cap space as low as possible.
Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:38 pm
haha yea, well I think they'd only give him minimum if they resign him.

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 1:49 pm
what have been ppl's observations about rodney? i haven't been able to see many games as of late...
"Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?!"

Rookie
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:07 pm
darthlau wrote:what have been ppl's observations about rodney? i haven't been able to see many games as of late...

I don't think his play has stood out. Although I haven't been paying him too much attention.

Role Player
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:20 pm
darthlau wrote:what have been ppl's observations about rodney? i haven't been able to see many games as of late...

I havent seen him play for the warriors yet, but I did have him on my fantasy team last year and when given the minutes he would produce.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball