A Trade for Nelly

Discuss any moves or trades here, real, rumored, made up, you name it!

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:58 pm
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:Now that this thread is resurrected, McMillan has named Brandon Roy as the starter at PG for the Blazers...

He said he loves Sergio, but he's too young to be the starter this season, so I wonder what that means for Jarret Jack's future there.

:| That is an odd move by Nate McMillan. Roy was clearly the best shooting guard in the draft and McMillan is going to play him out of position his rookie year?!

Maybe McMillan is not as good of a coach as I thought...

That's my thoughts on this! They shouldn't have traded Telfiar if this is what they were going to do! Not good having a SG as PG

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:19 pm
migya wrote:That's my thoughts on this! They shouldn't have traded Telfiar if this is what they were going to do! Not good having a SG as PG

I don't think trading Telfair was McMillian's decision... but the lineup is an odd one. Martell Webster is best suited for backup duty. Why would he screw Jack (who seems promising) and put Roy in an awkward role to help a busted draft pick?

I thought Ray Allen's contract season made McMillian look good in Seattle; but I didn't think it was THIS good.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:39 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:That's my thoughts on this! They shouldn't have traded Telfiar if this is what they were going to do! Not good having a SG as PG

I don't think trading Telfair was McMillian's decision... but the lineup is an odd one. Martell Webster is best suited for backup duty. Why would he screw Jack (who seems promising) and put Roy in an awkward role to help a busted draft pick?

I thought Ray Allen's contract season made McMillian look good in Seattle; but I didn't think it was THIS good.

Jack is not starting PG material! They are pretty loaded at every position except PG! They should have and should still be thinking about swinging a trade to get them a quality PG! Maybe Miles for someone like Delonte West, Earl Watson or Antonio Daniels

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:21 pm
Don't write off Jarrett Jack; he's an interesting young prospect. He played well in limited time, when I saw him play. I'd give him another year to prove himself.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:43 am
#32 wrote:Don't write off Jarrett Jack; he's an interesting young prospect. He played well in limited time, when I saw him play. I'd give him another year to prove himself.

Yeah, but last year, with Telfair and Blake, Jack played most of his minutes at SG... and wasn't really impressive at PG the few times he played there. I don't think it's a bad decision... yet. Roy can play 3 positions without problems.

I think Webster will start ahead of Miles, and Randolph should start instead of Aldridge... only to showcase him a little and be able to trade him mid-season. Aldridge would become the starter then. At least, that's what I'd do.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:03 am
Not starting Miles would be a huge mistake for Portland. He's one of their most talented players. And who would play SG in your lineup of Roy, Webster, Randolph, and Ratliff, TMC?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:18 am
#32 wrote:Not starting Miles would be a huge mistake for Portland. He's one of their most talented players. And who would play SG in your lineup of Roy, Webster, Randolph, and Ratliff, TMC?

Juan Dixon... with Magloire at center, Ratliff is in Boston. And it's not my starting five. I'm just saying that that's what will probably happen, unless McMillan is forced to start Miles, who he seems to dislike.

What I'd do is the following:

pg.- Jarret Jack / Sergio
sg.- Roy / Dixon
sf.- Miles / Webster
pf.- Randolph / Aldridge
c.- Magloire / Przibilla / Lafrentz

And I'll try to trade Randolph and Miles, maybe Magloire too, through the season for the best possible deals, but not long term contracts, unless it's an established star.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:44 am
TMC wrote:Juan Dixon... with Magloire at center, Ratliff is in Boston.

GODDAMMIT! When is that trade going to register in my mind! :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:40 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Not starting Miles would be a huge mistake for Portland. He's one of their most talented players. And who would play SG in your lineup of Roy, Webster, Randolph, and Ratliff, TMC?

Juan Dixon... with Magloire at center, Ratliff is in Boston. And it's not my starting five. I'm just saying that that's what will probably happen, unless McMillan is forced to start Miles, who he seems to dislike.

What I'd do is the following:

sg.- Roy / Dixon
sf.- Miles / Webster
pf.- Randolph / Aldridge

And I'll try to trade Randolph and Miles, maybe Magloire too, through the season for the best possible deals, but not long term contracts, unless it's an established star.

That's probably the best starting five for now. I would try to trade Randolph for Francis and someone else from the Knicks (One of the young guys maybe) or Randolph and Miles for Francis, QRich and one of the young guys. A PG is their biggest need right now and Francis would be a very good fit. If Magloire plays consistently solid, there is no need to trade him as he is one of the better Centers in the nba

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:44 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:What I'd do is the following:

sg.- Roy / Dixon
sf.- Miles / Webster
pf.- Randolph / Aldridge

That's probably the best starting five for now. I would try to trade Randolph for Francis and someone else from the Knicks (One of the young guys maybe) or Randolph and Miles for Francis, QRich and one of the young guys. A PG is their biggest need right now and Francis would be a very good fit. If Magloire plays consistently solid, there is no need to trade him as he is one of the better Centers in the nba

I would trade them for expirers or picks, or maybe young players with upside in their rookie contracts. I think cap space is more important than talent at this point.

That... and this is the season to tank. If they get Oden, their inside game will be set with him and Aldridge. I wouldn't trade for Francis. He would get you, what?, 10 more wins or so, which would be enough to f*ck up your draft position.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:59 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:What I'd do is the following:

sg.- Roy / Dixon
sf.- Miles / Webster
pf.- Randolph / Aldridge

I would trade them for expirers or picks, or maybe young players with upside in their rookie contracts. I think cap space is more important than talent at this point.

That... and this is the season to tank. If they get Oden, their inside game will be set with him and Aldridge. I wouldn't trade for Francis. He would get you, what?, 10 more wins or so, which would be enough to f*ck up your draft position.

I think the Blazers could get their hands on fairly young talent that has experience, like Francis. A PG is really needed because they just have nothing good at the moment so they will fail miserably due to lack of playmaking, not lack of talent!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:07 am
migya wrote:I think the Blazers could get their hands on fairly young talent that has experience, like Francis. A PG is really needed because they just have nothing good at the moment so they will fail miserably due to lack of playmaking, not lack of talent!

Who cares?. They will fail miserably due to the lack of overall talent and experience. Better fail big and have more options for the draft and a ton of money for free agency.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:18 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I think the Blazers could get their hands on fairly young talent that has experience, like Francis. A PG is really needed because they just have nothing good at the moment so they will fail miserably due to lack of playmaking, not lack of talent!

Who cares?. They will fail miserably due to the lack of overall talent and experience. Better fail big and have more options for the draft and a ton of money for free agency.

They probably are better off doing that but they best cleanhouse of what they don't want after this season then

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:26 am
migya wrote:They probably are better off doing that but they best cleanhouse of what they don't want after this season then

That's what I'd do anyway... I promise that if the Blazers put the position available in Monster again (real story) I will apply. :mrgreen:
Previous

Return to Trades