The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:13 pm
drfrank wrote:any given sunday. any team can beat any team. they're all professionals. minus terrence kiel the drug pusher.

Nah, that was a soap opera. Those things never happen. :wink:

Probably Kiel wants to sign with Cincy next season. He's just trying to show he'd be a good fit. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:10 pm
TMC wrote:We're already done for the year. And Rattay was our fourth stringer last year. Even Luke McCown was above him in the depth chart. I don't know what happens, as we haven't seen him play much, but Gruden just doesn't seem to like the guy. He has given him no chance so far. I'm still wondering why we traded for him.

Anyways, I'm ok with Gradkowski starting. It's not like we're going anywhere, and Rattay won't be here next season, so, at least, we get to see what kind of player the rookie is.

drfrank, should I count you in for the pick'em?... Same picks as xBayAreaWarriorx? (btw, I think we should be able to change picks till saturday, just in case there are injuries or something along the week).

I'd think so also. But like I said before, Gradowski has to play like Kyle Orton and the defense must carry most of the load.

TMC wrote:My picks:

Arizona at Atlanta.- Leinart's first start, behind that O-Line and at Atlanta, who will have to win this one after the poor outing at New Orleans?. Doesn't look good for the Cards

No, Warner is the starter. Green denied the Leinart is starting rumor. Wouldn't matter who starts though, the Cards just don't have the O-Line and defense to keep up with ATL.

TMC wrote:Minnesota at Buffalo.- Battle of defenses... and I think Losman will make more mistakes than Brad Johnson.

I picked Buffalo only because I don't see them losing another game like this. Brad Johnson usually never makes mistakes. He's real smart with the football.

TMC wrote:Cleveland at Oakland.- Another of those games whose outcome changes pending on where it's played. The Browns are tough... in Cleveland and without injuries. Also, Oakland will win against someone this year, won't they?

Don't hold your breath. If the Browns can put up TD's against the Ravens and the Raiders can only do FG's....well we have a problem here. They COULD beat the Niners, but I wouldn't put my hopes so high on that either. The Raider's chance of winning this season is a coin toss. Won't know the outcome until we see the beginning. But under Art Shell, I'd think they would at least win 1-3 games.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:49 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
TMC wrote:Arizona at Atlanta.- Leinart's first start, behind that O-Line and at Atlanta, who will have to win this one after the poor outing at New Orleans?. Doesn't look good for the Cards

No, Warner is the starter. Green denied the Leinart is starting rumor. Wouldn't matter who starts though, the Cards just don't have the O-Line and defense to keep up with ATL.

Really?. Well, I think it's a mistake. The Cards need to play Leinart as soon as possible... Warner is the reason they're losing winnable games. His numbers aren't bad, but the fumbles and his lack of mobility are killing them.

Doesn't change the outcome of this game, as you said.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
TMC wrote:Minnesota at Buffalo.- Battle of defenses... and I think Losman will make more mistakes than Brad Johnson.

I picked Buffalo only because I don't see them losing another game like this. Brad Johnson usually never makes mistakes. He's real smart with the football.

Yeah, this was a toss up. But I think Minny is better than the Jets, and Buffalo lost at home against them, not showing much of anything.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:The Raider's chance of winning this season is a coin toss.

Pawno will love this quote... ::lol:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 32
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:50 am
If we gonna talk about football movies... i think Tampa Bays season can be summed up by one performance where Keanau Reeves stands alongside Gene Hackman.

Simms=Tampa Bay=THE REPLACEMENTS
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:16 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:If we gonna talk about football movies... i think Tampa Bays season can be summed up by one performance where Keanau Reeves stands alongside Gene Hackman.

Simms=Tampa Bay=THE REPLACEMENTS

::lol:

Not bad, not bad, let me try:

The Raiders= THE WATERBOY(s)

I'm the only one picking the Raiders to win on Sunday and you treat me like that...

:mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:11 pm
Yeah you did pick them.. but i'm a big believer in that soap opera crap.

I feel Any Given Sunday was a movie based on Oakland Raiders. even though it was set in Miami the uniforms were black PAcino reminded me so much of Tom Flores But Al Davis never had a daughter that hot ( But Cameron Diaz did want to move the team to Los Angelas :)
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:45 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
TMC wrote:Arizona at Atlanta.- Leinart's first start, behind that O-Line and at Atlanta, who will have to win this one after the poor outing at New Orleans?. Doesn't look good for the Cards

Really?. Well, I think it's a mistake. The Cards need to play Leinart as soon as possible... Warner is the reason they're losing winnable games. His numbers aren't bad, but the fumbles and his lack of mobility are killing them.

Doesn't change the outcome of this game, as you said.

Yes really. I wanted to see Leinart play too no matter who he was to face. These rookies need to start getting on the field sometime soon. The Vinsanity needs to start up in Tennessee, Leinart should get some playing time during the season, and Cutler should get the nod anytime Plummer falls on his a*s again like the first two games. And above all of that, a 6th round draft choice is getting the start before those guys? That really amazes me...no offense to your Bucs TMC. Their season is done, unless they can bring in some veteran QB. Too bad, they could've got Billy Volek but the Chargers got to him first.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:The Raider's chance of winning this season is a coin toss.

Pawno will love this quote... ::lol:[/quote]

:-o Quite suprised he hasn't replied back to it. Trying to avoid an argument OG? :agrue: It's cool bro, I understand. :mrgreen: But hey, that was a good one TMC with the Waterboy. Just too bad Bobby Bouchere ain't playing LB.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:33 am
Your spot on Xbaywarrior. Raiders are a cointoss team odds of winning 8-8. It's a shame they lost to the Chargers and Ravens but they are bound to win the next 8 games of the 14 remaining. :)
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:07 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yes really. I wanted to see Leinart play too no matter who he was to face. These rookies need to start getting on the field sometime soon. The Vinsanity needs to start up in Tennessee, Leinart should get some playing time during the season, and Cutler should get the nod anytime Plummer falls on his a*s again like the first two games. And above all of that, a 6th round draft choice is getting the start before those guys? That really amazes me...no offense to your Bucs TMC. Their season is done, unless they can bring in some veteran QB. Too bad, they could've got Billy Volek but the Chargers got to him first.

I didn't want Volek. No way. He wouldn't have made the team a contender (not even for the playoffs) and we would have lost a good pick. We're better off without him.

Although it would be different if, instead of Volek, it were Matt Schaub...

O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Your spot on Xbaywarrior. Raiders are a cointoss team odds of winning 8-8. It's a shame they lost to the Chargers and Ravens but they are bound to win the next 8 games of the 14 remaining.

::lol:

8 of the next 14?. Already drunk, pawno?. :mrgreen:

It could happen, but only if you had to play the Bucs like 12 of those 14 games. :mrgreen:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:02 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yes really. I wanted to see Leinart play too no matter who he was to face. These rookies need to start getting on the field sometime soon. The Vinsanity needs to start up in Tennessee, Leinart should get some playing time during the season, and Cutler should get the nod anytime Plummer falls on his a*s again like the first two games. And above all of that, a 6th round draft choice is getting the start before those guys? That really amazes me...no offense to your Bucs TMC. Their season is done, unless they can bring in some veteran QB. Too bad, they could've got Billy Volek but the Chargers got to him first.

I didn't want Volek. No way. He wouldn't have made the team a contender (not even for the playoffs) and we would have lost a good pick. We're better off without him.

Although it would be different if, instead of Volek, it were Matt Schaub...

Yeah, I was hoping he'd get to start for a team sometime soon. The Falcons have a solid backup for Vick in him.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:45 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah, I was hoping he'd get to start for a team sometime soon. The Falcons have a solid backup for Vick in him.

Funny thing is that the backup is better than the starter (as a qb)... Seriously, Schaub would start for half the teams in the league, and he's stuck behind Ron Mexico. :banghead:
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:15 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah, I was hoping he'd get to start for a team sometime soon. The Falcons have a solid backup for Vick in him.

Funny thing is that the backup is better than the starter (as a qb)... Seriously, Schaub would start for half the teams in the league, and he's stuck behind Ron Mexico. :banghead:

Well in terms of throwing accuracy. He's a much better passer than Vick, just not a much better scrambler which everyone would agree on.

I'm going to change my picks up a little bit because I just looked through the teams that are going up this week. I'm with the Vikings over the Bills because I'm more sold on Minny's defense than the Bills and with Losman at QB, I'm not too sure how he'll do.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:14 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'm going to change my picks up a little bit because I just looked through the teams that are going up this week. I'm with the Vikings over the Bills because I'm more sold on Minny's defense than the Bills and with Losman at QB, I'm not too sure how he'll do.

Yeah, that's why I picked the Vikings. If the defenses are similar, go with the less mistake-prone offense.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:31 am
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:I'm going to change my picks up a little bit because I just looked through the teams that are going up this week. I'm with the Vikings over the Bills because I'm more sold on Minny's defense than the Bills and with Losman at QB, I'm not too sure how he'll do.

Yeah, that's why I picked the Vikings. If the defenses are similar, go with the less mistake-prone offense.

Yeah, I was thinking that too. I don't like Losman's future at all. He's going to be a bust in my books.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:11 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah, I was thinking that too. I don't like Losman's future at all. He's going to be a bust in my books.

J. P. Loss-man... what were the Bills thinking when they drafted someone with that name?

btw, the JP stands for what?. Just Pathetic? :mrgreen:
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board