Dajuan Wagner to sign with Warriors

Area for news articles related to the Warriors

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:24 pm
#32 wrote:I disagree; it gives us a backup PG (besides those 2 Jazz jokers).

Instead of forcing Monta to play PG (out of position), we just made him the official backup SG to Richardson (if he's not already starting, with Rich at the 3).

All this means to me is that Baron Davis has a quality backup. Wagner is a damn good player... and Monta doesn't belong at PG. This fixes that.

I agree - it's a great 4 guard rotation, assuming a healthy BD and healthy Wagner
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:02 pm
coltraning wrote:it's a great 4 guard rotation, assuming a healthy BD and healthy Wagner

Assuming Baron passes all the time, is healthy all the time and/or dunnyboy or someone else does all the passing because Wagner sure doesn't do any!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:21 am
John Patrick wrote:What's his contract? How much is he getting paid? I know it's low, I just want the numbers.

I'm not sure. The only official figures I've seen is the lenght. A two year contract... and I'm guessing it will be around 2-3 million. I'd be ok with that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:45 pm
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
O.G. broe wrote:Who can be virtually unstoppable :!:

Not at the nba level! He hasn't anything that makes him an asset!

Neither has Monta, if you wanna get technical.

And he won't get as much of a chance now with Wagner on the team.

How do you figure?

Monta will play SG, Wagner will play PG (or vice verca). He's Monta's partner; not his replacement.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:08 pm
In this offense the ball should be moving quick, with two PG (or at least ball handler types)! Think Suns ball movement!
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:17 pm
Exactly!

Think Nash AND Barbosa's speed, at the same time. That's Ellis and Wagner!
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:32 pm
Ellis and Wagner's speed should surpass Barbosa and Nash, hopefully them two, Baron and JRich can remain spread out so defense will have a hard time plugging up lanes, JRich and Baron will cruise in if Wagner and Ellis spread out, also with the inside threat of Diogu, we're gonna get insane points in the post if we spread out the defense and create lanes. We have the quickness and talent.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:52 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
O.G. broe wrote:Who can be virtually unstoppable :!:

Not at the nba level! He hasn't anything that makes him an asset!

Neither has Monta, if you wanna get technical.

And he won't get as much of a chance now with Wagner on the team.

How do you figure?

Monta will play SG, Wagner will play PG (or vice verca). He's Monta's partner; not his replacement.

Yea but Monta was set to get time at both PG and sG over anyone else except maybe Pietrus who was to get court time at backup SG and SF. Now that time will be reduced but it could end up alright, we'll have to see ofcourse

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:53 pm
John Patrick wrote:In this offense the ball should be moving quick, with two PG (or at least ball handler types)! Think Suns ball movement!

Maybe with speed but certainly not with passing (Wagner is not a passer and Ellis still hasn't shown he is much of one either) and not with shooting (Wagner is the worst shooter of the lot)

All Star
Poster Credit: 1
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:56 am
They are both combo scorers who will be playing Nellie's scoring brand of basketball :!: I mean come on migya do you really think Wagner is going to just shoot at will & Fuk everyone else #-o How would that be beneficial to himself as he is trying to Bust His Ass Back in the NBA :?: Pun Intended :mrgreen: ... Nelson without question will utilize Wagner in the most effective way that will be successful for Wagner, Nellie and the TEAM point blank bottom line period.
The Broe Knows Dont Hate....
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:27 am
O.G. broe wrote:They are both combo scorers who will be playing Nellie's scoring brand of basketball :!: I mean come on migya do you really think Wagner is going to just shoot at will & Fuk everyone else #-o How would that be beneficial to himself as he is trying to Bust His Ass Back in the NBA :?: Pun Intended :mrgreen: ... Nelson without question will utilize Wagner in the most effective way that will be successful for Wagner, Nellie and the TEAM point blank bottom line period.

Understood but people are saying that Wagner is a PG, which is the only position he has played in his nba career, and that is not going to be good for a team that wants to play the run and gun style, which requires someone to pass the ball which is usually the PG. Also, Wagner, by being a shoot first PG, is alot like Monta! What was the point in getting another Monta Ellis type when Ellis finished the season strong and showed that he is a real talented player that needs the court time! Getting Wagner will only take away from Monta

All Star
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:18 am
He's not a PG, he's a ball handler who is "KIND OF" a second PG. Definitely won't be floor leader, just a secondary ball handler.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:58 am
migya wrote:which is the only position he has played in his nba career,

Not true; in fact, I believe he only played it his rookie year. He was a SG after that.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:48 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:which is the only position he has played in his nba career,

Not true; in fact, I believe he only played it his rookie year. He was a SG after that.

You see my point then of him not being a PG!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:10 pm
He's just as good at playmaking (if not better) than Monta Ellis. That being said, I don't care who plays PG. They're both combo guards, as far as I'm concerned.
PreviousNext

Return to News Articles