The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:31 am
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:Dude i know Indiannapolis is a hostile location. But Jacksonville won MNF against Superbowl champs Pittsburgh. And the Colts don't have Edgarin James running game no more.

Sure Peyton has the ability to weave needles through the Jacksonville Secondary... But i think Bryan Leftwich should work some magic on the road.

Yeah, but Indy only chokes on the playoffs... They're the perennial regular season champs.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:23 am
First pass by Simms is intercepted... first pass by Delhomme is a TD by Me-Shawn. And I don't know if I should laugh or cry...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:10 am
^ congrats on the first TD of the season.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:14 am
drfrank wrote:^ congrats on the first TD of the season.

Thanks... as SoCoolBob would say, one goal less to achieve. :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:11 pm
F*ck, the f*cking Panthers won on a last second fg... the f*cking Gruden kept calling the same dingidong shitty plays on offense, the f*cking Simms is 1 TD, 7 INTs for the season and we're 0-3. The f*cking season is over.

F***************ck

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

0-16, here we come. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:48 pm
And you know the saddest thing of all?

Tampa Bay has more losses for the season then the Raiders :-)

I hear 07 will be a good Quaterback draft. as long as the raiders get the kid from notre dame i'll be happy.

speaking of upsets, i never thought nyjets would escape in buffalo.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:06 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:And you know the saddest thing of all?

Tampa Bay has more losses for the season then the Raiders :-)

Yeah, but we won won't lose next week... I'm almost sure of that.

(It's our bye week)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:10 pm
be careful what you wish for, brady quinn was been exposed the last two weeks against michigan and michigan state....

next year's draft is depth when it comes to running backs...

adrian peterson, marshawn lynch, jonathan stewart (if he comes out), kenny irons (if he comes out)... there are many, many more.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:33 pm
TMC wrote:F*ck, the f*cking Panthers won on a last second fg... the f*cking Gruden kept calling the same dingidong shitty plays on offense, the f*cking Simms is 1 TD, 7 INTs for the season and we're 0-3. The f*cking season is over.

F***************ck

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

0-16, here we come. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Looks like Alex Smith's numbers from last year. And it could get worse. Yikes. :shock:

drfrank wrote:be careful what you wish for, brady quinn was been exposed the last two weeks against michigan and michigan state....

next year's draft is depth when it comes to running backs...

adrian peterson, marshawn lynch, jonathan stewart (if he comes out), kenny irons (if he comes out)... there are many, many more.

Yeah, that RB depth is real deep. Even though Michael Bush's year has been over, and he enters the draft...he could be a major 2-3 round steal. He was originally a projected 1st round pick but he broke his leg. I also like Lynch and Peterson. Both are considered Heismann candidates the last time I heard.

Oh yeah, here's the scores from today...

San Francisco v Philadelphia 24-38...Philly offensive domination.
Carolina v Tampa Bay 26-24...GW field goal by Kasay in last seconds.
Cincinnati v Pittsburgh 28-20...GW interception in last minutes.
Chicago v Minnesota 19-16...GW TD from Grossman in last minute.
Tennessee v Miami 10-13...iono.
Jacksonville v Indianapolis 14-21...Manning ran for a TD?
Washington v Houston 31-15...no need for comment.
Green Bay v Detroit 31-24...iono.
NY Jets v Buffalo 28-20...iono.
Baltimore v Cleveland 15-14...the Ravens almost lost it.
NY Giants v Seattle 30-42...whoa nellie!
St. Louis v Arizona 16-14...iono.
Denver v New England 6PM Tonight
Atlanta v New Orleans 5:30PM Tomorrow

So I went 10-2 so far. I'm with NE and ATL on the other games.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:04 pm
i wish chris simms a speedy recovery from his ruptured spleen.

tmc, who'll take over at QB now?

"with the first overall pick, the tampa bay bucs select..........."
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:03 pm
Make that 10-3 for me after New England's loss. I'm 1-2 on teams who are looking for revenge from last season's games.

Yeah, if they do draft a QB, I'm not so sold on Brady Quinn. That guy looks lost and lazy in the first half and then explodes in the second. He's been inconsistent this year. His only good game was against Penn State. Who you hoping if they get number one this year TMC?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:12 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Make that 10-3 for me after New England's loss. I'm 1-2 on teams who are looking for revenge from last season's games.

I'm 8-5 this week, pending the monday night game... was 12-4 the week before. If you (you, pawno, and any other that wants to do it) still want to keep a record, we'll start with this week's, as I started the thread to late for the previous one.

I'll update the records (will be posted in the second post of the thread) on Tuesdays, right after the monday night game.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Yeah, if they do draft a QB, I'm not so sold on Brady Quinn. That guy looks lost and lazy in the first half and then explodes in the second. He's been inconsistent this year. His only good game was against Penn State. Who you hoping if they get number one this year TMC?

Too early to tell... I'm not sold on taking qb's with the first pick if they don't deserve so. With that pick, you have to play it safe. That means, if you're the Texans, you pick Reggie-f*cking-Bush and solve the contract issue later.

As for the pick, I honestly don't believe we'll get the first pick (the defense alone is good enough to get a few wins. I'd say a 4-12 record is what we're going to finish with), although it probably will be a top five pick. Calvin Johnson, Posluszny or Brian Brohm (I've got my reserves about this one yet, but I wouldn't hate the pick) may be good options. There will be a lot of talent at rb, but we just drafted Caddy, so we won't pick another.

I'm pretty sure Brady Quinn will go #1, even if I'm not so sure he should be. If we finally get the #1 pick, Quinn will be a Buc.

drfrank wrote:i wish chris simms a speedy recovery from his ruptured spleen.

tmc, who'll take over at QB now?

"with the first overall pick, the tampa bay bucs select..........."

I wish Simms a speedy recovery, too... now, would someone be so kind as to remove his *****?. That would solve a lot of issues... (I'm only talking decision-making issues, the guy is tough as nails playing the way he did today, and for that, he has earned my respect). I hope he doesn't play again this season. He nearly died on the field. He needs to recover completely and forget about football till then. Also, it's not like we're going to be a contender other than for the worst record.

According to Gruden, the rookie, Bruce Gradkowski, is next on the depth chart. He beat Rattay during the preseason and McCown and Fiedler are injured... so it will be Gradkowski... He played pretty well this preseason, against second and third stringers. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He's gonna get killed behind that disaster we call our O-Line, but... Go Bruce Almighty!!!!!
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:50 pm
It's gonna be fun watching the run tonight in MNF!

Vick plays on astroturf himself... he might just teach Reggie Bush a thing or two bout getting his shake and bake on.

I really don't care who wins ( the media would want to see the Saints win to build NAWLEANS pride )

But i'd love to see Atlanta kill all hope in the Big Easy and continue there incredible march into the postseason.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:58 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:It's gonna be fun watching the run tonight in MNF!

Vick plays on astroturf himself... he might just teach Reggie Bush a thing or two bout getting his shake and bake on.

I really don't care who wins ( the media would want to see the Saints win to build NAWLEANS pride )

But i'd love to see Atlanta kill all hope in the Big Easy and continue there incredible march into the postseason.

I'm going with the Saints. They have been the underdog since... well, ever. They are all rivals of the Bucs, but, if I have to choose, I go with the Saints.

That, and New Orleans needs something to root for... let it be the Saints.

With that said, I think Atlanta will win. They have something the Saints don't. A defense.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:36 pm
It appears as if Simms' season is over according to the latest update. Not so good news unless Gradowski becomes one of those explosive guys off the bench. Other than that, the Bucs will be in trouble.

I'll like this MNF game tonight. Back in the Superdome, "Saint Reggie" in New Orleans, this will be interesting. I'd like to see if Dunn can stay consistent with his running for the Falcons.

Well, it's happened folks, the Madden curse has taken it's toll on Mr. Alexander. He'll be gone for some amount of weeks with a broken foot. But hey, it started since the beginning of the season. He's yet to rush over 100 yards this season. This guy will have a miserable year.

On my take with the Niners...just what I'd expect. To be honest, I thought they had a chance to win this one. It was the turnovers that keyed this victory for the them. Now Gore could be gone for a week or two with that abdominal strain and Vernon is gone for a month with the broken leg. Not too worried about that though since we got Eric. RB may be an issue even though Robinson did one a good job when Frank went down. Hey, he gave B-Dawk a concussion with the hit. They should rebound next week against the Chiefs. There really should be no reason to lose against Brodie Croyle at QB. LJ is the only man they'll want to concentrate on even if they have Gonzales.
PreviousNext

Return to Sports Board