On The Subject Of God & Religion

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:08 am
migya wrote:I believe that this planet was seeded by other beings, in other words aliens. I think that humans are a synthesis of a humoidlike animal that was already on the planet, like the Neanderthals and these aliens ie. A hybrid (a genetic mixture of the two). That is why humans are similar to the apes but special and superior in intelligence.

Just like geneticists now can make a hybrid from two different forms of DNA, from two different animals, this is a plausible explanation for the creation of humans.

I believe that one individual was created, probably a male, after many failed attempts, and then different variations (same species but with slightly different DNA to give slightly different characteristics) and individuals were synthesised and created.

So, in essence, we have been created by aliens we've never heard of... Is there any proof to support that?. Not definitive. Is there any proof against that?. Again, not definitive =====> FAITH.

Your idea, my friend, is a religion.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:08 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Just showing information that has been found by many and confirmed by many (mostly scientists that take a neutral stand point and just report their findings) so people whop may never have seen such information can have a better view on things

I don't think scientist are (so) neutral in this one. After all, science is based on proofs... and that makes it exactly the opposite of faith.

Scientists undertake an experiment or protocol and have to carry it out with no biased attitude! That is how you discover things - you don't make up your mind before you find something out, you look and listen!

Those that believe in a faith of some sort have no evidence and just have the attitude of belief and don't change. This is not learning or discovering, it is being blind and def, figuratively speaking. Nothing would have been discovered with an attitude is not neutral and open to detecting and observing

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:12 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:I believe that this planet was seeded by other beings, in other words aliens. I think that humans are a synthesis of a humoidlike animal that was already on the planet, like the Neanderthals and these aliens ie. A hybrid (a genetic mixture of the two). That is why humans are similar to the apes but special and superior in intelligence.

Just like geneticists now can make a hybrid from two different forms of DNA, from two different animals, this is a plausible explanation for the creation of humans.

I believe that one individual was created, probably a male, after many failed attempts, and then different variations (same species but with slightly different DNA to give slightly different characteristics) and individuals were synthesised and created.

So, in essence, we have been created by aliens we've never heard of... Is there any proof to support that?. Not definitive. Is there any proof against that?. Again, not definitive =====> FAITH.

My belief is just one of probability and plausibility! I am not set on this belief but I arrived at this CONCLUSION (so far at least) by reading many texts, past and present on the subject, and my observations of evolution and how DNA is in humans and other animals

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:13 am
migya wrote:Scientists undertake an experiment or protocol and have to carry it out with no biased attitude! That is how you discover things - you don't make up your mind before you find something out, you look and listen!

Those that believe in a faith of some sort have no evidence and just have the attitude of belief and don't change. This is not learning or discovering, it is being blind and def, figuratively speaking. Nothing would have been discovered with an attitude is not neutral and open to detecting and observing

That's exactly what I would expect a scientist to say about it... and, from their standpoint, is completely right.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:16 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Scientists undertake an experiment or protocol and have to carry it out with no biased attitude! That is how you discover things - you don't make up your mind before you find something out, you look and listen!

That's exactly what I would expect a scientist to say about it... and, from their standpoint, is completely right.

This was my response to your post saying that scientists are not so neutral, at least that's what it seemed you implied

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:22 am
migya wrote:This was my response to your post saying that scientists are not so neutral, at least that's what it seemed you implied

Yeah, in a way, that was what I was implying. They try to be neutral but that doesn't mean they are (from other points of view). Why?. Because faith plays a trick card... it doesn't need proofs to work. There's no procedure to believe. It's a completely different standpoint that doesn't play with the same rules.

I'm leaning towards yours, but you can't win a discussion with someone that uses faith to argue with you. Nobody can.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:28 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:This was my response to your post saying that scientists are not so neutral, at least that's what it seemed you implied

Yeah, in a way, that was what I was implying. They try to be neutral but that doesn't mean they are (from other points of view). Why?. Because faith plays a trick card... it doesn't need proofs to work. There's no procedure to believe. It's a completely different standpoint that doesn't play with the same rules.

That is why religion to me is nothing more than something to hang on to for people's insecurities. It provides a way of avoiding problems and issues and not facing them to get a resolution.

For me, everything needs to have an explanation to be real and logical, it is what makes things real and right!

TMC wrote:I'm leaning towards yours, but you can't win a discussion with someone that uses faith to argue with you. Nobody can.

Don't want to get into a discussion with a religious person. I have many times and they are like talking to a wall! They can not accept anything that is different to their view, they reject any evidence that destroys their belief (they even refuse to look and listen) and they are so self centered, when talking on the subject they can be quite moronic and ludicrous!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:33 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:I'm leaning towards yours, but you can't win a discussion with someone that uses faith to argue with you. Nobody can.

Don't want to get into a discussion with a religious person. I have many times and they are like talking to a wall! They can not accept anything that is different to their view, they reject any evidence that destroys their belief (they even refuse to look and listen) and they are so self centered, when talking on the subject they can be quite moronic and ludicrous!

Yeah, I agree, to a certain extent. Not everybody who believes in a religion is like that. Some are pretty intelligent persons that look for answers through religion, even tho they accept they won't get an answer for everything.

But there are also people like the ones you're describing. Those are a pain in the ass when you have to deal with them.
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:13 am
TMC wrote:

yup - l ron hubbard, baby. However, Migya, I certainly agree that the evidence seems pretty damn powerful we all came from some single-celled creature who oozed out of the primordial slime. (BTW, as I mentioned before, conservatively, scientists believe those same conditions for intelligent life exist on at least 2 trillion other planets, so we need to get over our sense of uniqueness.) One of the amazing things about "debating" faith-based folks, is one is asked to prove a negative. Not my job. Someone makes a claim that, say, someone walked on water, it is not my gig to disprove that. To that end, I have a standing challenge to my faith based friends to prove that a giant invisible pink rabbit named Harvey is not the creator of the universe :mrgreen:
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:18 am
coltraning wrote: To that end, I have a standing challenge to my faith based friends to prove that a giant invisible pink rabbit named Harvey is not the creator of the universe :mrgreen:

::lol:

You did that too?. Although in my case it was a big bad whale the one that created it all. It was the definitive "it's time to talk about something else" answer.
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:32 am
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote: To that end, I have a standing challenge to my faith based friends to prove that a giant invisible pink rabbit named Harvey is not the creator of the universe :mrgreen:

::lol:

You did that too?. Although in my case it was a big bad whale the one that created it all. It was the definitive "it's time to talk about something else" answer.

big bad whale, eh? My giant pink rabbit is declaring a jihad on your infidel big bad whale. He told me while I was eating my shredded wheat :agrue:

ImageImage
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:38 am
As an example of several elements of many discussions.

migya wrote:Like I've said, people that have a belief or faith, it's with them. I just like to make a logical decision on what I know and have discovered - It is why we have a brain and intelligence!

If, in the setting of any goal or in the solution to any problem, YOU determnie that a Logical Decision is the key ... then that is probably where you put your "faith." Logical decisions are a good thing.

I would certainly agree that logic and decision making have their place.
The question might then be do we have a soul? Logically? How do we determine that? With our brain? If we have a soul then what's it for and how do we use that?

Belief is something we "do."
Belief is something we "choose."
I don't believe that :banghead:
The "logical" part for me is to recommend to do one's best to choose those beliefs that will result in you achieving your best ... naturally, spiritually, religiously, even logically, perhaps, I always have a tendency to add ... achieve your best for yourself AND others.

Is it logical to ASK God for the answers?
Is it logical to suggest that in the past when I've ASKED God for the answer to a particular question, for the help that I needed to achieve a goal ... that I got it.
Scientists "believe" in some things that work every time and place their "faith" in those things they perceive to work every time.
I have a tendency to think that God created Science.
Even more importantly, for me ... I"ve discovered that as I set and achieved goals I wanted to set and achieve more.
Many times, the things I perceive my heart to want ... and my mind ... may not simultaneously be perceived as achieveable by me.
In ALL those situations I want and prefer HELP.
I have found "The Big Fellow's" Help Is Most Significant
Logical?
I think so ... but I also think that the answers that come ... may not be "logical." They may be right, they may have incredible value ... but not be logical.

A highly powerful spiritual experience may change any individual person's perception of this question ... and it's answer ... FOREVER.

Migya ... Meet GOD :D
TMC :D
Logical?

Hi Ho .. Hi Ho .. It's Off To Work I Go
Just a few more pictures of Woodstock and
Finishing The Premier Episode Of WinAMillionPlayingPokerDotCom
What A World !!!
Positive Community TV
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:50 am
coltraning wrote:big bad whale, eh? My giant pink rabbit is declaring a jihad on your infidel big bad whale. He told me while I was eating my shredded wheat :agrue:

My whale doesn't believe in you rabbit. He doesn't exist. Thus, my whale wins. :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:53 pm
#32 wrote:Jesus was a carpenter

http://www.youtube.com/watch_fullscreen ... 0carpenter
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:44 pm
TMC wrote:
coltraning wrote:big bad whale, eh? My giant pink rabbit is declaring a jihad on your infidel big bad whale. He told me while I was eating my shredded wheat :agrue:

My whale doesn't believe in you rabbit. He doesn't exist. Thus, my whale wins. :mrgreen:

my rabbit shall smote thy heretical whale - down on thy knees and submit to the rabbit, heathen!

look at the false idol whale run for cover before the wrath of the rabbit

ImageImage
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum