Slam interview of Michael Jordan

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:01 pm
The Top 3 on my current shitlist includes:

1) Tim Kawakami, Pessimist at Law... hates Warriors, 49ers, Giants, Baron Davis, Chris Mullin, Don Nelson, Barry Bonds, Alex Smith, Mike Nolan, and pretty much any other guy who has anything to do with Bay Area sports. Imagine a hardcore Los Angeles writer being forced to write about Bay Area sports after being a Laker/Rams/Dodgers fan his entire life and you've got your basic run-of-the-mill Kawakami article.

2) John Hollinger (and his BS stats). Nothing more needs to be said. When you need to make up numbers to try and prove your case, you're an idiot.

3) Chad Ford. This guy will tell a whole paragraph of honest, truthful, journalistic reporting... and then completely make up the last line to 'spice things up a bit'. Take his preview article on the NBA Draft (specifically, his comments on the prospect of Golden State taking Patrick O'Bryant). Observe:
Chad Ford wrote:They've got Andris Biedrins and Ike Diogu; another frontcourt project is overkill. Baron Davis wants out; a PG is more urgent.

Is it me... or did Chad Ford just COMPLETELY make up a totally uncited and unheard of controversial claim? BD wants out??? I knew he didn't like Montgomery, but this was honestly the first time I'd ever heard any notion of Davis wanting a trade. It made me scratch my head. And people outside of the Bay Area who don't follow GS might actually buy this crap. Congradulations, Chad Ford. You're making the world stupider. :banghead:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 12:40 am
Along with Meija[sp?], Ford is a bad writer. Well Meija is overall a bad one for the NBA, Ford goes somewhere with his stuff but loses it at the end like you said. But hey, they get paid to share their opinion, good enough for them, bad for the feedback of them.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 2:39 am
#32 wrote:The Top 3 on my current shitlist includes:

1) Tim Kawakami, Pessimist at Law... hates Warriors, 49ers, Giants, Baron Davis, Chris Mullin, Don Nelson, Barry Bonds, Alex Smith, Mike Nolan, and pretty much any other guy who has anything to do with Bay Area sports. Imagine a hardcore Los Angeles writer being forced to write about Bay Area sports after being a Laker/Rams/Dodgers fan his entire life and you've got your basic run-of-the-mill Kawakami article.

2) John Hollinger (and his BS stats). Nothing more needs to be said. When you need to make up numbers to try and prove your case, you're an idiot.

3) Chad Ford. This guy will tell a whole paragraph of honest, truthful, journalistic reporting... and then completely make up the last line to 'spice things up a bit'. Take his preview article on the NBA Draft (specifically, his comments on the prospect of Golden State taking Patrick O'Bryant). Observe:
Chad Ford wrote:They've got Andris Biedrins and Ike Diogu; another frontcourt project is overkill. Baron Davis wants out; a PG is more urgent.

Is it me... or did Chad Ford just COMPLETELY make up a totally uncited and unheard of controversial claim? BD wants out??? I knew he didn't like Montgomery, but this was honestly the first time I'd ever heard any notion of Davis wanting a trade. It made me scratch my head. And people outside of the Bay Area who don't follow GS might actually buy this crap. Congradulations, Chad Ford. You're making the world stupider. :banghead:

Chad Ford and Hollinger are terrible... although I don't hate Kawakami as much. It's good to have someone that looks at the other side of the coin.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:28 am
Basically - Any cunnt who can write garbage has a chance of being a so called analyst :wink:

COUNT ME OUT!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:58 am
TMC wrote:Chad Ford and Hollinger are terrible... although I don't hate Kawakami as much. It's good to have someone that looks at the other side of the coin.

Looking at the other side is one thing... Kawakami is a flat-out pessimist. That makes his opinion biased toward the negative. He is unreliable and often has no proof on what he's bitching about.

Kawakami reminds me of my friggin GF. She remembers EACH and EVERY time I was late for our date, whenever I said something stupid in front of her, whenever I did something wrong... but the REAL IMPORTANT shiit, she never brings up. Like the time I dropped $250 on one friggin meal between us in San Fransisco. Or when I blindfolded her and drove her up to Twin Peaks to see the city. Or when this ****** at a baseball game was cat-calling at her and I set his ass straighter than John Wayne. All the good things that I do for her (that, in my mind, outweight the bad) never seem to spring to her mind. Kawakami is EXACTLY the same way. He pisses and bitches and cries and moans about Chris Mullin signing Dunleavy OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER, but you never once hear him give Mullin the credit for discovering Monta Ellis... or swinging the Baron Davis trade... or even hiring Don Nelson!

Kawakami is a wet-tamponed whore. That's why I hate him.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:03 am
#32 wrote:Kawakami reminds me of my friggin GF. She remembers EACH and EVERY time I was late for our date, whenever I said something stupid in front of her, whenever I did something wrong... but the REAL IMPORTANT shiit, she never brings up. Like the time I dropped $250 on one friggin meal between us in San Fransisco. Or when I blindfolded her and drove her up to Twin Peaks to see the city. Or when this ****** at a baseball game was cat-calling at her and I set his ass straighter than John Wayne. All the good things that I do for her (that, in my mind, outweight the bad) never seem to spring to her mind.

Don't get upset over it... al women do so.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:50 pm
Hey at least it's not Prisco writing anything NBA related. He's horrible.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 8:11 pm
TMC wrote:
#32 wrote:Kawakami reminds me of my friggin GF. She remembers EACH and EVERY time I was late for our date, whenever I said something stupid in front of her, whenever I did something wrong... but the REAL IMPORTANT shiit, she never brings up. Like the time I dropped $250 on one friggin meal between us in San Fransisco. Or when I blindfolded her and drove her up to Twin Peaks to see the city. Or when this ****** at a baseball game was cat-calling at her and I set his ass straighter than John Wayne. All the good things that I do for her (that, in my mind, outweight the bad) never seem to spring to her mind.

Don't get upset over it... al women do so.

Not all women! I found one that is fair and doesn't fuk my head up! Many I've met are real biches but I marries one that is great!

You only fuk the biches that headfuk ya and then leave them straight away :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:01 am
migya wrote:Not all women! I found one that is fair and doesn't fuk my head up! Many I've met are real biches but I marries one that is great!

You only fuk the biches that headfuk ya and then leave them straight away :mrgreen:

You lucky bastard... now you know why I'm not married yet... :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:27 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Not all women! I found one that is fair and doesn't fuk my head up! Many I've met are real biches but I marries one that is great!

You lucky bastard... now you know why I'm not married yet... :mrgreen:

Don't get dragged along like a doll! Women can be such monsters! We just wanna fuk but they wanna play mind games that are so superficial it make you wanna throw up!

Like a friend of mine said some years ago - How can you trust something that bleeds for a week but doesn't die! :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:30 am
migya wrote:Don't get dragged along like a doll! Women can be such monsters! We just wanna fuk but they wanna play mind games that are so superficial it make you wanna throw up!

Like a friend of mine said some years ago - How can you trust something that bleeds for a week but doesn't die! :mrgreen:

:shock:

::lol: ::lol:

Wise words, indeed.
Previous

Return to Sports Board