Nelson ready to shake up the Warrior (Attn uptempo)

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, 32

User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:52 am
#32 wrote:What's the difference between Amare and Taft, physically?


That's the same as saying what's the difference between Boykins and a random midget... one knows how to play properly. :wink:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:42 am
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:That's harsh on Kurt Thomas :mrgreen: and real nice to Taft (so far anyway)! There is no other team that has come close to duplicating what the Suns have done yet but the team under Nelson certainly could

What's the difference between Amare and Taft, physically?

Both are around the same height, same weight, can run with the guards, jump outta the building... and both missed nearly the entire season with injuries. :mrgreen: :banghead:

err...not a physical difference, but one enormous difference is current skill level. amare was a certifiable all-star monster who utterly destroyed Tim Duncan in the conference finals. If Taft becomes 2/3 the player that Stoudemire is, he will be one of the better players in the league, since a healthy Amare is easily top 5.

Well, that's what i mean. Physically, the two are incredibly similar (almost identical). The obvious difference is skill. But Taft has the same tools to work with as Amare.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:12 pm
#32 wrote:
coltraning wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:That's harsh on Kurt Thomas :mrgreen: and real nice to Taft (so far anyway)! There is no other team that has come close to duplicating what the Suns have done yet but the team under Nelson certainly could

What's the difference between Amare and Taft, physically?

Both are around the same height, same weight, can run with the guards, jump outta the building... and both missed nearly the entire season with injuries. :mrgreen: :banghead:

err...not a physical difference, but one enormous difference is current skill level. amare was a certifiable all-star monster who utterly destroyed Tim Duncan in the conference finals. If Taft becomes 2/3 the player that Stoudemire is, he will be one of the better players in the league, since a healthy Amare is easily top 5.

Well, that's what i mean. Physically, the two are incredibly similar (almost identical). The obvious difference is skill. But Taft has the same tools to work with as Amare.



A long shot but he is similar physically. Don't think he'll ever get the court time to do anything like what Amare does but you never know with nelson and his run and gun, athletes first, style
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:20 pm
The time is now, if you're Chris Taft.

Next season is now or never. If he repeats his last season disaster (with injuries galore), you can bet he'll probably be released and not signed by anybody.

It's too bad because the kid's so damn talented.
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:19 pm
#32 wrote:The time is now, if you're Chris Taft.

Next season is now or never. If he repeats his last season disaster (with injuries galore), you can bet he'll probably be released and not signed by anybody.

It's too bad because the kid's so damn talented.



He is signed for another two seasons I thought!

If he isn't healthy and does end up being released, you can bet that another team will try him out, in three years or five even, because he is a tall, athletic player who could always be effective in one way or another
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:26 pm
I meant they'd just let him go at the end of his contract. I dunno how long he's signed for.

And I'm sure at least one other team would give him a try... but if he's chronically injured all the time, no one will keep him.
User avatar

Role Player
Posts: 452
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:11 am
forget taft we got the almight DunDun. :mrgreen:
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 18315
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:20 am
migya wrote:He is signed for another two seasons I thought!

If he isn't healthy and does end up being released, you can bet that another team will try him out, in three years or five even, because he is a tall, athletic player who could always be effective in one way or another


He was a second round. As such, he only has this year on his contract at a minimum salary. No options for the next one, he's a free agent (with the weird Arenas exception if we still want to re-sign him).
User avatar

All Star
Posts: 3040
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:58 am
#32 wrote:The time is now, if you're Chris Taft.

Next season is now or never. If he repeats his last season disaster (with injuries galore), you can bet he'll probably be released and not signed by anybody.

It's too bad because the kid's so damn talented.

sometimes it can turn around - look at Ilgauskas - chronically injured his first 4 years and very healthy since. Of course it also works the other way - our own Baron was an iron man the first few years...
User avatar

Starting Lineup
Posts: 755
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:18 am
Don Nelson is great! I love how he calls out his players like that! It makes them try harder on the court. He demands respect and what player won't respect him!?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:19 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:Don Nelson is great! I love how he calls out his players like that! It makes them try harder on the court. He demands respect and what player won't respect him!?



Anyone that doesn't like drunks! :mrgreen:
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:41 pm
migya wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Don Nelson is great! I love how he calls out his players like that! It makes them try harder on the court. He demands respect and what player won't respect him!?



Anyone that doesn't like drunks! :mrgreen:

You consider a man who socially drinks in the comfort of his own home an alcoholic...?
User avatar

Hall of Famer
Posts: 22002
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:50 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:Don Nelson is great! I love how he calls out his players like that! It makes them try harder on the court. He demands respect and what player won't respect him!?



Anyone that doesn't like drunks! :mrgreen:

You consider a man who socially drinks in the comfort of his own home an alcoholic...?



no I was just joking, it is his own business but he should have timed it better
User avatar

Moderator
Posts: 13751
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:04 pm
Ah, OK. No argument from me on that one.

All Star
Posts: 2261
» Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:12 pm
He was at a restaurant chillin with his wifey :!:

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests