Slam interview of Michael Jordan

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:50 am
Who read that interview? That and the Wilt article were two of the best articles in the history of Slam. MJ says he doesn't really count his career in washington as part of his career (like the rest of us). He says he'd prefer hakeem to shaq (and if shaq doesn't remember that hakeem was better he must have amnesia). He thinks the '92 dream team is the one and only dream team.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:15 am
He is right about his time in the Wiz and he was stupid to come out of retirement!

He is also right about Hakeem being better than Shaq!

Also right about the original dream team being the only true dream team as that was a team that will never be equalled!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:41 pm
I read that interview. Brilliantly done. I'm just disappointed they didn't have Scoop around to do the piece. He was always the best with interviews.

My favorite part is when they both acknowledge that there was only one real "Dream" Team.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:45 pm
#32 wrote:I read that interview. Brilliantly done. I'm just disappointed they didn't have Scoop around to do the piece. He was always the best with interviews.

My favorite part is when they both acknowledge that there was only one real "Dream" Team.

Yeah, scoop really sold himself out. He was the best writer in slam (pre zirrin) and is now one of the worst writers on ESPN. All he ever seems to write about is his own incompetence or how this current moment is the greatest in sports history or how the NBA players are treated worse than slaves. those are his three shticks now and none are entertaining or informative.
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:57 pm
Yeah. Thank God Russ is still around. He writes some solid stuff, too.
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:18 pm
#32 wrote:Yeah. Thank God Russ is still around. He writes some solid stuff, too.

yeah, and dave zirrin is a great writer normally but in slam he is not close to as good as he is in all his other work. probably because he doesn't specialize in any one sport (I kept correcting his errors on basketball facts when he was at a speaking in berkeley until he said "do you want to take this outside? jokingly of course.)
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:47 pm
I haven't read SLAM for about 7 years now but some of the articles were quite biased and wayward!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:23 pm
I admit SLAM is usually East-coast biased (aka, the Knicks, Iverson, Marbury, ect)... but what unofficial magazine isn't?

That being said... they know what they're talking about, which is better than ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and most local news clippings.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:07 am
#32 wrote:I admit SLAM is usually East-coast biased (aka, the Knicks, Iverson, Marbury, ect)... but what unofficial magazine isn't?

That being said... they know what they're talking about, which is better than ESPN, Sports Illustrated, and most local news clippings.

I only read Peter King's and the Sports Guy's columms... the rest of articles on most websites/magazines are boring or completely biased to me.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:57 am
Oh, I like at least ONE writer everywhere (yes, even ESPN... go Mark Stein! :) ).

But when I mentioned those examples, I meant 'for the most part'.

Role Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:37 am
yeah scoop was pretty good but he fell off...i only check out slam for the kicks in the back...and the better basketball w/bibby, and jump sole ads... :mrgreen:
All Star
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 5:43 pm
#32 wrote:(yes, even ESPN... go Mark Stein! :) ).

GO MARK STEIN! :D :D :D
This appears to be the day that I'm agreeing with you. Mark stein's oppinions are always spot on and his predictions are better than anybody else's on that excuse for a news site
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:25 pm
ESPN is just famous but they are so way off and ridiculous! I prefer articles from guys like Marcus Thompson and other not so national (supposedly expert) writers

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:47 pm
Right... like I said, most ESPN writers are morons. John Hollinger and Chad Ford are both legally retarded. But Mark Stein is a good analyst.
All Star
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:56 am
#32 wrote:Right... like I said, most ESPN writers are morons. John Hollinger and Chad Ford are both legally retarded. But Mark Stein is a good analyst.

Stein is excellent. What about Bucher, he seems reasonable to me. The other thing about espn is that they have WAY more insider-only shiznit on the nba page than elsewhere. Maybe NBA fans will pay more than the others. I can'tremember his name, is it Geiff Lepper? but there is a local writer who has good thoughts on the warriors for inside bay area.Marcus Thompson also seems good to me...Janny Hu seems like a shill for the company line
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Next

Return to Sports Board