Warrior Ratings for the 06'-07' Season

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Which position has improved the most since last year?

Center (Possible Murphy swap, more Biedrins minutes, less Foyle, the addition of O'Bryant)
8%
Power Forward (We like Ike... plus a full-season for Taft)
54%
Small Forward (Nelly's gonna fix Dunleavy!)
No votes
Shooting guard (Out with the Fish, in with Monta!)
31%
Point guard (Those 3 Jazz players will make the team better)
8%

Total votes : 13

All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:48 pm
Although he is not a strong playmaker I think he is adequate, he can find players and he is a quick player who can spark the fast break. That's what Nelson's looking for.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 53
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:54 pm
True, and that's why he'll have a breakout year. But you can say the same thing for him at the SG position (which is where I hope he plays most of the time).
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:15 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:Monta is better than Fishdog already and that is good enough for me 8)

At everything but playmaking... and that's key at point guard.

Fisher was NEVER a good playmaker! I reckon Monta is better at that and pretty much everything else!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:11 pm
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:Monta is better than Fishdog already and that is good enough for me 8)

Fisher was NEVER a good playmaker! I reckon Monta is better at that and pretty much everything else!

Fisher wasn't a star playmaker (like Baron), but he got the job done... which is more than Monta can say. The numbers speak for themselves. Derek could deliver 4.3 assists per night in 31.6 minutes, while Monta barely scraped in 1.6 in 18.1 minutes a game.

Monta only averages 4.2 assists every 48 minutes! That's 0.1 LESS than Fisher's nightly regular average (in 17 more minutes of play)!

He only broke the 4-assist benchmark three times last season (in 49 games at an average of 20 minutes per night). The man can't playmake to save his life (unlike Derek Fisher... who was simply an average playmaker).
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:57 pm
#32 wrote:
migya wrote:
#32 wrote:

Fisher wasn't a star playmaker (like Baron), but he got the job done... which is more than Monta can say. The numbers speak for themselves. Derek could deliver 4.3 assists per night in 31.6 minutes, while Monta barely scraped in 1.6 in 18.1 minutes a game.

Monta only averages 4.2 assists every 48 minutes! That's 0.1 LESS than Fisher's nightly regular average (in 17 more minutes of play)!

He only broke the 4-assist benchmark three times last season (in 49 games at an average of 20 minutes per night). The man can't playmake to save his life (unlike Derek Fisher... who was simply an average playmaker).

Hey now let's not get ahead of ourselves yet. Monta still has a career ahead of him to prove us wrong with stats and prove us right with how we see his career going. Fisher did well under us whether you liked the contract or not. Monta can just be the same type of guy, but it's too early to tell if he will be better.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:06 pm
As it stands right now, Monta Ellis can't compare to Derek Fisher in the playmaking category.

I, like all of you, hope that something miraculous happens in the offseason and he learns to distribute the ball like a PG... because if it doesn't, we'll be in hotter water when Baron's getting some rest.

Monta's a capable handler, a good scorer, and an above-average rebounder. But playmaking just isn't his forte.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:09 pm
#32 wrote:As it stands right now, Monta Ellis can't compare to Derek Fisher in the playmaking category.

I, like all of you, hope that something miraculous happens in the offseason and he learns to distribute the ball like a PG... because if it doesn't, we'll be in hotter water when Baron's getting some rest.

Monta's a capable handler, a good scorer, and an above-average rebounder. But playmaking just isn't his forte.

More of a shooting guard don'cha think? Plays like one that's for sure and you pretty much described a young two guard in the making.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:14 pm
Oh, I think that's where his future is. He's, no doubt, a natural SG. That's why I was hoping Richardson wouldn't mind sliding up to play SF. [-o<
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:46 pm
Monta still hasn't had enough time to show what he can do and he will develop alot! He will be a combo guard because that is how he will get adequate minutes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:07 am
migya wrote:Monta still hasn't had enough time to show what he can do and he will develop alot! He will be a combo guard because that is how he will get adequate minutes

Monta's been playing the scorer role his whole life... it will take some time to learn to be an effective pg. I think he's capable of playing that role from the bench for a few minutes, but I'd be surprised if he can handle the starting PG spot anytime soon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:14 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Monta still hasn't had enough time to show what he can do and he will develop alot! He will be a combo guard because that is how he will get adequate minutes

Monta's been playing the scorer role his whole life... it will take some time to learn to be an effective pg. I think he's capable of playing that role from the bench for a few minutes, but I'd be surprised if he can handle the starting PG spot anytime soon.

He has shown a fair bit in limited playing time and should pick things up pretty quick

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:07 pm
It doesn't really matter now. We have an effective backup for BD in Dajuan Wagner. Monta can stay at SG where he belongs. :D
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:30 am
#32 wrote:It doesn't really matter now. We have an effective backup for BD in Dajuan Wagner. Monta can stay at SG where he belongs. :D

Wagner should still be looking for the end of his colon and leave the PG duties to our future star Monta :mrgreen:

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:51 am
migya wrote:Wagner should still be looking for the end of his colon and leave the PG duties to our future star Monta :mrgreen:

::lol: ::lol:

You're pretty inspired today, migya... already drunk like Nellie? :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:03 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:Wagner should still be looking for the end of his colon and leave the PG duties to our future star Monta :mrgreen:

::lol: ::lol:

You're pretty inspired today, migya... already drunk like Nellie? :mrgreen:

A few hours too late my friend :mrgreen:

PreviousNext

Return to Warriors Basketball