Who Cares About "Who Really Cares About Free Throws?&qu

Discuss anything related to Golden State Warriors basketball here

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Should SoCoolBob's 2-year thread be stopped?

Poll ended at Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:11 pm

Yes, it's been dragged on long enough and it has actually become an annoyance.
56%
No, I still find the updates interesting and follow Bob's advice.
44%

Total votes : 9

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 52
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:11 pm
Here it is, Bob. Plain and simple.

I'm posting this poll for 2 weeks. If at the end of 14 days you have gathered more support FOR your thread than AGAINST it, I'll compelely withdraw from this pointless pissing match with you. Hell, I'll even issue (what I believe is an unwarranted) apology. I will leave your thread alone forever and you may continue your updates and preaches without ever seeing my comments in there again.

But...

If this poll shows that the majority of people who come here would rather see your thread closed than see it at the top of the forum pages anymore, I want you to take that as a hint and follow their advice. Of course, there's no way that I can enforce the outcome of this poll. You would have to be a man about it and comply to the wishes of the majority (unlike the government in our country). You will stop continually pushing "Who Really Cares About Free Throws?" in our collective faces and only contribute comments to threads that are fresh and relevant.

If you don't think you can win this poll, than what's the point of continuing your thread? To blatantly annoy the rest of us?

I'm going to be virtuous and only post ONE vote for myself (and not go to the library and post one from every ISP there). I'd expect you to do the same and not falsely influence the poll.

In two weeks time, I'll ressurect this poll from wherever it's been and deliver the outcome. If you win, I (along with Pest, and migya, and everyone else whose told you to stop your thread) will cease fire. But if you lose this poll, Bob, than it's time to be a big man about this and hang it up.

Let the people's voices be heard.
Last edited by 32 on Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:10 pm
wow, I was thinking of starting a thread with this exact same name. It's scaring me how much I'm agreeing with 32 lately :mrgreen:
ImageImage
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:43 pm
Yep, I'm in. It's time for this thread to die.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:10 pm
Come on guys! Fuk, Bob isn't hurting anyone so let's all let the man post his encouragement of the positive (that's what it really is) and read and reply if we want. Nothing forced, just choice to reply or not.

The guy is getting picked on right now and it is not right. Just ignore his thread if you want!

migya make the ring fall on ya
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:54 pm
What exciting demographics ... 4 to 1 ...
Sounds like the making of a country.
{pictures a little too wide - another one missing all together - repetitively}
tHe_pEsTiLeNcE wrote:It's scaring me how much I'm agreeing with 32 lately :mrgreen:

It's Good To Have Pictures
'Might want to consider fixing the picture {s} ... :-({|=
1,ooo words
No ... SoCô¿ôL Bob ... The pictures are that way ON PURPOSE
Oh Image
One Fixed

Thanks To Everyone Image
Last edited by SoCooLBob on Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:54 pm
Don't really care. Either or is fine with me. If I don't like the thread, I'll just read the other ones and not read that one even if it seems to get in the way of other ones. Whatever is fine with me.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
All Star
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:37 pm
32, can you add one more choice to your poll? Completely indifferent? That's the one I would choose
To Live is A Value Judgment - Albert Camus
3 reasons for living: Jazz, Hoops and women

President Barack Hussein Obama - America chose Hope over Fear
ImageImage
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 10:46 pm
I left that one out for a reason.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:55 pm
George Bush?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:57 pm
hahahah
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 12:40 am
Bush vs Gore?
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:00 am
Gore? 49ers?
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:19 am
I voted no for the sole reason that we do not have the right to say what can or can't be posted and which threads should be alive or not. This is a community in which we all talk about whatever we want to. If anybody doesn't like a certain thread, don't post in it, but don't force anybody to close it. If the people that it's new to the board wants to keep the thread going, they have the right to do it.

Although I, like coltraning, think there should be another option, I voted no, and, if necessary, I'll erase my cookies and will vote no a thousand times more.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 10:09 pm
TMC wrote:if necessary, I'll erase my cookies and will vote no a thousand times more.

:roll:

There you have it. The poll's been tampered with. TMC has admitted that he's more than willing to screw with it. I knew this would happen. Now the true voice of the forum can never be heard. Instead, one person's single opinion will dictate the outcome. Thank you very much.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 3:06 am
#32 wrote:
TMC wrote:if necessary, I'll erase my cookies and will vote no a thousand times more.

:roll:

There you have it. The poll's been tampered with. TMC has admitted that he's more than willing to screw with it. I knew this would happen. Now the true voice of the forum can never be heard. Instead, one person's single opinion will dictate the outcome. Thank you very much.

This poll was insane from the very beginning. I said that much to avoid censorship on this board, which was what you and anyone that wanted to close the thread was trying to do (please, do not take this as a personal attack. It's strictly related to the issue. Nothing more. If you were the one posting in a topic that everybody were trying to close, I'd do the same).

Bob's thread, besides how useful it may or may not be, is not against the guidelines of the board, and that means that no one has any right to say when it should be closed. If Bob alone posts there, so be it, but do not become something more than we should. There's only one Admin here, and that is Hobbes. We're just along for the ride.
Next

Return to Warriors Basketball