College Tips?

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 1:56 am
Elemental wrote:Yo, i'm looking to apply to UCLA. What SAT scores allowed you to get into UCLA? I'd die to go there :p

I had a 2040 SAT (610CR, 760M, 670W).

kfresh, UCLA is definitely quite intense and competitive...at everything really. It's a "study hard, play hard" sort of mentality, as we have quite a lot of parties and stuff. UCSB is obviously the party UC, but I reckon we're not too far behind. ;)
”I have a genuine interest in both [the Pacers and the Warriors]. My only focus is getting back to the playoffs and eventually competing for a championship.” - Al Harrington
Role Player
Poster Credit: 3
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:27 am
Yoyo wrote:
Elemental wrote:Yo, i'm looking to apply to UCLA. What SAT scores allowed you to get into UCLA? I'd die to go there :p

I had a 2040 SAT (610CR, 760M, 670W).

kfresh, UCLA is definitely quite intense and competitive...at everything really. It's a "study hard, play hard" sort of mentality, as we have quite a lot of parties and stuff. UCSB is obviously the party UC, but I reckon we're not too far behind. ;)

hahah yeah, i mean UCLAs got fine ladies around too :wink:
In the Golden State of Mind since '97.
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 4:32 am
#32 wrote:
kfresh wrote:oh, and how crazy are the parties at Chico St. #32?

I'm gonna be honest; they're not what they used to be for incoming students. Those of us over 21 are enjoying it... but the first couple of years aren't up to par with the reputation.

The school's trying to clean up it's image... two frat's that I partied at got shut down my Freshman year. St. Patrick's Day (which used to be one of Chico's biggest parties) now takes place during Spring Break (trying to send as many guys home as they can to prevent parties). Dorms parties are still cool... but they're not as frequent. And unless you know somebody, most parties (check, MOST, not all) won't let you in. Ivy is still bumpin at night... but, like I said, you need to know someone (unless you're traveling with 6-10 girls and you're the only guy). Chico (for the most part) has become an over 21 party place.

Santa Barbara's probably overtaken us by now. But the SICKEST parties are down at Arizona State. Trust me on that one.

well heres the famous annaul top 10 list:

2006 Top 10 Party Schools - Playboy

1. Wisconsin
2. UC - Santa Barbara
3. Arizona State University
4. Indiana University
5. San Diego State University
6. Florida State University
7. Ohio University
8. University of Georgia
9. University of Tennessee
10. McGill University (Canada)

AND we have bragging rights as the smartest party school in the nation :mrgreen: haha
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:39 am
Eh, I don't trust Playboy's party list (never have).

Just look at the current list. Wisconsin?!?! Please.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:14 pm
dude, the school doesn't have to be situated on the beach to be a party school. wisconsin is dull and boring, but madison has bars galore. kids are always drunk and its just a laid back atmosphere. athens, ohio too. they have entire streets dedicated to bars and clubs.

on saturdays, they party from sunrise till sunrise. people wake up at 6 to get a good tailgating spot, then start drinking to get into the mood to drink some more (at kickoff). they love their football.... too bad wisconsin and most of those schools have weak football teams.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 3:18 pm
:dontknow: I just can't see a school in -5 degree weather being a party atmosphere.

I'm nowhere near a beach in Chico... but I'm not freezing my ass off, either.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:27 pm
its not WHERE you party, its HOW you party.

nati light is so prevalent there, i bet it rains beer.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:55 pm
Well, more power to them. I just can't imagine myself wanting to party in Wisconsin. Maybe I'm biased or something.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:11 pm
no, i completely understand where you're coming from. i wouldn't want to party/be in wisconsin either. what i'm trying to prove to you is that regardless of the location and the environment, if kids are bored, they'll party - and party a lot.

cali schools > all the rest of them.

we can agree on that.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 25
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:29 pm
Fuk I should've gone to uni in Cali!!!!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Role Player
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:58 pm
drfrank wrote:its not WHERE you party, its HOW you party.

nati light is so prevalent there, i bet it rains beer.

yeah my cousin went to wisconsin.

said there were hella parties even if its cold. they party anywhere, anytime. its not that bad when the school overlooks a lake. they throw crazy ass parties there.

playboy rankings imo are the best. :wink:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:16 pm
drfrank wrote:no, i completely understand where you're coming from. i wouldn't want to party/be in wisconsin either. what i'm trying to prove to you is that regardless of the location and the environment, if kids are bored, they'll party - and party a lot.

I know this first hand. Chico's not exactly in the most prime location. Think Modesto... but without the cows. :oops:

There's nothing else to do here but get wasted. That's why everybody drinks here. :forthosewhothinkyoung:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 2:20 am
migya wrote:Fuk I should've gone to uni in Cali!!!!

We all should have done that... :banghead:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:00 am
College Tips ?
That would be 15% like everybody else, wouldn't it ? \:D/

I was very fortunate in College
I improved my golf game.
My baseball.
My bowling.
My basketball.
Bridge
Very Much Bridge
Sometimes had a hard time believing the high quality of the bridge players.
Especially in Law School.
Didn't play Poker much.
Golf ... I got really good at golf. Broke par a couple of times.
Baseball ... coulda shoulda been somebody.
.692 in intercollegiate intersquad games ... Hello?
Basketball ... EXCELLENT AA League Intermural ... 20 points plus a game ... EXCELLENT
Never even played in high school
Dick Vermeil wanted me to go out as as a wide receiver in football in high school .. but I didn't want to, believe in getting "hurt."
Don't Remember Free Throws
I improved in Chess
I improved in not revealing secrets that were nobody's business, relative to things I was doing with my girlfriend who became my wife. The 1st One
I have always enjoyed getting better at things and over the years got fairly good at it.
Except the wife thing.
I could really take TESTS .. no sweat.
I did have a problem attending class.
And .. I didn't give a damn about anybody else. It was not my responsibility to help educate the other folks in the room, except my roommates. It was my responsibility to somehow get through this thing and get out of here ... to play baseball, golf, go bowling ... let's see ... was it around this time that I at first rejected "pot"
The food was LOUSY in the first year.
We had food fights.
And burnings.
It was exactly what we wanted in the second.
Lots of pudding.
I had a philosophy professor who was VERY GOOD at PHILOSOPHY and GOLF ... 3 handicap .. OUTSTANDING
I had a Graduate Instructor in Philosophy who submitted the proposition that EVERYBODY understood the notion that BURNING BABIES was EVIL, NASTY, Not SoCô¿ôL, etc. ... on the very day that 7,000 people were throwing rocks and bricks and sticks and things through the window of the Administration building for the campus administration having allowed Dow Chemical on campus. Dow Chemical, who manufacturered Napalm, then being used in Viet Nam to burn and kill babies. I was the only one in the class who had the GONADS to disagree with him, based on that evidence ... he still gave me an A
Very Generous
Not Like My Humanities Instructor .. who's name really was Fink
I didn't take a lot of English and never, absolutely never, totally avoided any notion of taking anything that anything to do with ... public speaking.
Previous

Return to Off-Topic Forum