MOVIE REVIEWS

Here you can chat about anything that's not Warriors related.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:11 am
drfrank wrote:TMC, you've never heard of Click?????

i've got two words for you - Kate Beckinsale.

she's baaaaad. bad as in good, of course.

You know, the movie probably has another stupid name here. We use to change the titles over here, even tho I can't get the reason why.

I always try to avoid Adam Sandler's movies, but if everybody says it's good and Kate Beckinsale plays a role, I'm definately going to watch it.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:Has anyone seen Lucky Number S7even? It seemed pretty cool, anyone seen it or have any review on it?

Lucky Number Slevin. The DVD is out, and I'll get it soon. I'll post my review in a few days.

Glad to see the thread is starting to move on... keep the reviews coming.
Last edited by TMC on Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 28
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:30 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:
TMC wrote:Never heard of it. Gotta check it out, then. Although I don't really dig Sandler's humor. His best roles are when he acts... less Adam Sandler.

But, from you review, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt this time.

I thought it was one of his best flicks. He adds an emotional feeling to it. Pretty sad ending. But overall, I love the humor of it. If you live here in the U.S., it should be out on dvd in a few weeks or so. It came out in the summer.

Has anyone seen Lucky Number S7even? It seemed pretty cool, anyone seen it or have any review on it?

Click is great! I have Slevin on DVD as well but haven't seen it yet! I will soon and will give a review

migya make the ring fall on ya
Starting Lineup
Poster Credit: 2
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:28 pm
My reviews are all at...

WWW.PASTAMAFIA.COM

The most controversial and hilarious reviews ever written!
Josh Jamison a.k.a. Adonal's The Man!

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:13 pm

oh yes. kate is one fine mama in this one. well done job acting also. but its hard to watch her act due to the fact that she's jus one bad lookin mamma jamma. i praise her beauty and ability to look real sexy in the movie. :D

you like cartoons? try family guy presents: stewie's untold story. can't really tell you what i think about it since it's a comedy. if you've seen the tv show, you should know what to expect.

a movie that owned but seems so underrated to me...transporter 2. kick a*s movie. jason statham once again delivers in the sequel to the first transporter movie. watch it if you haven't, great action.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:18 pm
Josh Jamison wrote:My reviews are all at...

WWW.PASTAMAFIA.COM

You haven't responded to my asking if I can post reviews on your site!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:19 pm
rsxracer wrote:

oh yes. kate is one fine mama in this one. well done job acting also. but its hard to watch her act due to the fact that she's jus one bad lookin mamma jamma. i praise her beauty and ability to look real sexy in the movie. :D

you like cartoons? try family guy presents: stewie's untold story. can't really tell you what i think about it since it's a comedy. if you've seen the tv show, you should know what to expect.

a movie that owned but seems so underrated to me...transporter 2. kick a*s movie. jason statham once again delivers in the sequel to the first transporter movie. watch it if you haven't, great action.

Yea, the bich in Click certainly would be a good bend over henry.

Transporter 1 and 2 were both real good. Statham should do more movies like it because he is a good actor

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:32 pm
migya wrote:
rsxracer wrote:

Yea, the bich in Click certainly would be a good bend over henry.

Transporter 1 and 2 were both real good. Statham should do more movies like it because he is a good actor

Yeah, Beckinsale is one fine cita. Wouldn't I love to be Sandler beating on her, just not at that speed, that must of been horrible sex.

Transporter 1 and 2 were great. Great action mixed with some humor, I like it.

War or the Worlds was pretty cool also. Tom Cruise does his thing with it.

Walk The Line was a very good movie also. I think I liked this one better than Ray. As good of an actor Jamie Fox is, Joaquin Phoenix was just excellent here playing the role of the legend of Johnny Cash. Watch it unless you aren't into movies that tell the life story of ones legacy.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:47 am
Harold and Kumar Go To Whitecastle - Starring John Cho and Kal Penn
Year - 2004

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen!!!!!!!!

For the uninitiated:
Harold and Kumar are friends that like to hangout and smoke weed (those wee the days). One night they get wasted as muthafukers and get the munchies (as you do) and head off for a burger place called WHITECASTLE! They go through a chain of events on the way there that is fukin hilarious! They get their car stolen by Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Houser) and he drives around with some hot biches in the car. They then go to the hospital where Kumar's brother and father work as doctors and Kumar ends up being mistaken for his brother and performs surgery on some guy and saves his life! They end up getting their car back off harris and he pays for their burgers (as he should). harold lives on the same floor as this cute chik named Maria but they never get the nerve to talk to each other (she is always waiting for him to talk to her first). At the end of the movie Harold thinks "fuk it" and finally talks to her and they end up getting together! She goes off to Amsterdam on a holiday with a friend and Part 2 (should be coming out next year) is in Amsterdam (fuk yea!).

A great movie that we all would love to watch together with some beers and weed (for those that smoke it)

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:24 am
rsxracer wrote:a movie that owned but seems so underrated to me...transporter 2. kick a*s movie. jason statham once again delivers in the sequel to the first transporter movie. watch it if you haven't, great action.

Jason Statham is a monster. I love all his movies, with "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" as the best of them. A must see movie. I'll probably watch it again (it's been a while) and it will be my next review.

xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:War or the Worlds was pretty cool also. Tom Cruise does his thing with it.

On the other side, I hated this movie. I even wanted to leave the theater at times (didn't do it. Tried to sleep instead, but the f*cking Dakota Fanning or whatever her name is was too annoying for that). Pretty pointless movie.

Oh, my god, the aliens are coming for us. Oh, my god, they're destroying the world and harvesting humans... Oh, my god... NOW THEY DIE? WTF?
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:59 pm
TMC wrote:
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:War or the Worlds was pretty cool also. Tom Cruise does his thing with it.

On the other side, I hated this movie. I even wanted to leave the theater at times (didn't do it. Tried to sleep instead, but the f*cking Dakota Fanning or whatever her name is was too annoying for that). Pretty pointless movie.

Oh, my god, the aliens are coming for us. Oh, my god, they're destroying the world and harvesting humans... Oh, my god... NOW THEY DIE? WTF?

Said well TMC! The Pasta Mafia boys have a nice review of that horse shiit of a movie! Just too far fetched and ridiculous

Franchise Player
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:23 pm
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Said well TMC! The Pasta Mafia boys have a nice review of that horse shiit of a movie! Just too far fetched and ridiculous

I think Tom is done with Universal movies now anyway.

The Sentinal was a good movie also. It stars Michael Douglas, Kiefer Sutherland, Eva Longoria, and Kim Basinger. Story line: There's never been a traitor in the United Sates Secret Service...until now. And the evidence points to Pete Garrison(Douglas), one of the most trusted agents on the force. Now on the run, with two relentless federal investigators (Sutherland and Longoria) hot on his heels, Garrison must clear his name and thrawt an attempt on the President's life before it's too late. Great action. Directed by Clark Johnson.

Inside Man is also good. Starring Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, and Jodie Foster. Story Line: The perfect bank robbery quickly spirals into an unstable and deadly game of cat-and-mouse between a criminal mastermind(Owen), a determinded detective(Washington), and a power broker with a hidden agenda(Foster). As the minutes tick by and the situation becomes increasingly tense, one wrong move could mean disaster for any one of them. Directed by Spike Lee.

Poseidon is a good movie also. Pretty much escape the beautiful cruise line before it sinks to the bottom of the ocean's bottom. Story Line: It's New Year's Eve on the Poseidon. Partying voyagers lift glasses to toast the future. The future comes in a rush: a 150-foot rogue wave flips the cruise ship over...and a desperate struggle to survive begins. Wouldn't it be awesome to be in that ship...just not when it sinks. The ship is beautiful though, just like a high-tech hotel. That's a cruise liner right there. Wolfgang Peterson directs.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 2:01 am
xBayAreaWarriorx wrote:The Sentinal was a good movie also. It stars Michael Douglas, Kiefer Sutherland, Eva Longoria, and Kim Basinger. Story line: There's never been a traitor in the United Sates Secret Service...until now. And the evidence points to Pete Garrison(Douglas), one of the most trusted agents on the force. Now on the run, with two relentless federal investigators (Sutherland and Longoria) hot on his heels, Garrison must clear his name and thrawt an attempt on the President's life before it's too late. Great action. Directed by Clark Johnson.

Inside Man is also good. Starring Denzel Washington, Clive Owen, and Jodie Foster. Story Line: The perfect bank robbery quickly spirals into an unstable and deadly game of cat-and-mouse between a criminal mastermind(Owen), a determinded detective(Washington), and a power broker with a hidden agenda(Foster). As the minutes tick by and the situation becomes increasingly tense, one wrong move could mean disaster for any one of them. Directed by Spike Lee.

Poseidon is a good movie also. Pretty much escape the beautiful cruise line before it sinks to the bottom of the ocean's bottom. Story Line: It's New Year's Eve on the Poseidon. Partying voyagers lift glasses to toast the future. The future comes in a rush: a 150-foot rogue wave flips the cruise ship over...and a desperate struggle to survive begins. Wouldn't it be awesome to be in that ship...just not when it sinks. The ship is beautiful though, just like a high-tech hotel. That's a cruise liner right there. Wolfgang Peterson directs.

Haven't seen The Sentinel, hated Poseideon (although I hate all movies about catastrophies (sp?)).

But I loved Inside Man. As I still haven't had the time to watch Lock, Stock ... again, this will be my next review.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:07 am
INSIDE MAN Starring Denzel Washington
Year - 2006

This is the story of a heist, and a smart one at that. The set-up is a bit of a cliché, but as the story unfolds, nothing is what it seems. It starts as a heist with hostages in bank, and it develops as much more than that. I won't get into the plot to not spoil it.

Good cast also, with Denzel great as always (not as outstanding as in Training Day. Don't expect that kind of role). Clive Owen, Jodie Foster and Christopher Plummer also play pretty convincing roles.

All in all, nothing stands out as really shocking in this movie, as it adds nothing new to the genre. It's just a very well done movie, with no glaring flaws. It will grab you and won't let you go till the very end.

Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:25 am
migya wrote:
Josh Jamison wrote:My reviews are all at...

WWW.PASTAMAFIA.COM

You haven't responded to my asking if I can post reviews on your site!

Check out the "Are You Pasta Mafia Worthy?" thread under the Off-Topic Forum to find out how to submit your reviews.
Starting Lineup
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:27 am
New reviews have just been posted on http://www.pastamafia.com.

- Bronco Billy's Pizza Palace (restaurants)
- Sneakers Pub & Grill (restaurants, hot spots)
- Jollibee (restaurants, cold spots)
- Nacho Libre (movies)

Check 'em out!
PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Forum