NBA.com Photo of the Year...

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Role Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:01 am
I noticed that mate. I'm with you on this. But enough about politics I'm off to post on the cheerleader thread.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 27
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:27 am
breezer_79 wrote:That said you make the most of your life in this world, why get so worked up over **** you have absolutely no control over. :banghead:

You have to live your life the best you can but the fact is that we do have plenty of control, we just have to be on the same page and always use common sense!

migya make the ring fall on ya
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:28 am
migya wrote: we just have to be on the same page and always use common sense!

And that's when it all fails...
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:42 am
TMC wrote:

Thinking like that, you are a fascist supporter!

What else do we have but to use the right thoughts and feelings in every situation. Only by using proper common sense do things workout well

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:44 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

No, I just don't think it's possible to have everybody on the same page... and common sense is not something as usual as it should.

Believe it or not, I'm with you, overall. I just don't think those objectives are attainable.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:56 am
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

No, I just don't think it's possible to have everybody on the same page... and common sense is not something as usual as it should.

Believe it or not, I'm with you, overall. I just don't think those objectives are attainable.

Well then we may as well all commit suicide right now then :wink:

I believe perfection will be attained some day!

Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:00 am
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:
migya wrote:
TMC wrote:

Well then we may as well all commit suicide right now then :wink:

I believe perfection will be attained some day!

Nah, got better things to do... like posting in the Cheerleaders thread. Who would do it if not us?. We can't let breezer alone... :wink:
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:06 am
Exactly, common sense is not a common thing. In order to get things done, human beings need motivation. That motivation is different for all of us and it controls the way in which we live our lives and the direction our lives take. In order to fulfill their goals people routinely break their own moral code/s because of "The big Picture". In my opinion Life has been a huge clusterf*ck from the very beginning, with people from all over trying to have their way and push their particular beliefs or morals on others. Thats just the way of things. At the moment the biggest dog in the yard happens to be the USA. Is their foreign policy geared towards benefitting them the most?? Of course it is, every country in the world looks out for number 1. With China's population and earning potential I see them taking over as the world's new Super Power....I wonder how they'll treat the rest of us? and I wonder how we'll see them?

You have to live your life the best you can but the fact is that we do have plenty of control

As for this....I think people often delude themselves with how much power they feel they wield. The only way to gain the sort of power thats going to make a difference is to become a leader in either government or business. Either way, what kind of compromises would a person have to make to get themselves there??

I'm going to shut up and go to bed now.
Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:09 am
Thats right Bitches, now post more women!! :mrgreen:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:00 am
breezer_79 wrote:Exactly, common sense is not a common thing. In order to get things done, human beings need motivation. That motivation is different for all of us and it controls the way in which we live our lives and the direction our lives take. In order to fulfill their goals people routinely break their own moral code/s because of "The big Picture". In my opinion Life has been a huge clusterf*ck from the very beginning, with people from all over trying to have their way and push their particular beliefs or morals on others. Thats just the way of things. At the moment the biggest dog in the yard happens to be the USA. Is their foreign policy geared towards benefitting them the most?? Of course it is, every country in the world looks out for number 1. With China's population and earning potential I see them taking over as the world's new Super Power....I wonder how they'll treat the rest of us? and I wonder how we'll see them?

You have to live your life the best you can but the fact is that we do have plenty of control

As for this....I think people often delude themselves with how much power they feel they wield. The only way to gain the sort of power thats going to make a difference is to become a leader in either government or business. Either way, what kind of compromises would a person have to make to get themselves there??

I'm going to shut up and go to bed now.

I was thinking about adding this post as my signature, but it's a bit long... :wink:
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:03 pm
John Patrick wrote:Do you think they're gonna want to grade quizzes for EVERY PERSON who takes it? Not realistic.

Dude... a multiple choice, online quiz would take zero time at all. It's not that far-fetched. The problem is getting David Stern (aka, global-whore) to agree to it.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
All Star
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:43 pm
...online quiz=they cant control/look at (or at least they won't, again, look how many voters) what people do online, they'd just go to nba.com and look up the stats. Duh! Even if they can, people will just use another computer in the house to look up the stats.
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:02 pm
Absolutely any method is going to have a loophole. Looking up stats isn't bad, either... because it will show that they are at least becoming informed (even if they still want to vote for their bad picks... they'll at least do so with more knowledge).

Online quizzes are graded and the results can be viewed by the quiz creator. NBA.com would, no doubt, have a good system for this.

Again, unless you're computer illiterate or just plain stupid, this is a better technique to get better votes in.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:53 pm
breezer_79 wrote:With China's population and earning potential I see them taking over as the world's new Super Power....I wonder how they'll treat the rest of us? and I wonder how we'll see them?

China will never be allowed to have a whole lot of control! The U.N. (global fascist government) will be taking over soon

breezer_79 wrote:As for this....I think people often delude themselves with how much power they feel they wield. The only way to gain the sort of power thats going to make a difference is to become a leader in either government or business. Either way, what kind of compromises would a person have to make to get themselves there??

We hold all the power! we just have to standup for ourselves with fair attitudes! The fascist priks only have the power that we give them and allow them to have. It's like someone trying to steal your shiit and you just letting them - Stop them, it is not that hard!

Previous

Return to Sports Board