The NFL thread

Talk about any other sports here.

Moderators: Mr. Crackerz, JREED, Guybrush, hobbes

Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: -4
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:12 am
We should have done this before, but better now than never. Let's keep this thread rolling all season long for all of you interested in football, and maybe we should try to have a record for every one of us...

The winners in bold.

Buffalo at Miami
Carolina at Minnesota
Cleveland at Cincinnati
Detroit at Chicago
Houston at Indianapolis
New Orleans at Green Bay
NY Giants at Philadelphia
Tampa Bay at Atlanta
Arizona at Seattle
Kansas City at Denver
New England at NY Jets
Tennessee at San Diego
Washington at Dallas
Pittsburgh at Jacksonville
St. Louis at San Francisco
Oakland at Baltimore
Last edited by TMC on Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:13 am
Standings after Week 7...

Before Week 1 Competitors:

1. bada: 66-36
2. xbay: 63-39
3. Mr. Crackerz: 61-41
4. Pawno: 60-42
5. TMC: 58-44

After Week 1 Competitors:

1. RobDIKUM: 49-37
2. GSW_United: 48-38
Last edited by TMC on Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:13 am, edited 47 times in total.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:50 am
michael vick is doing his thing right now. the falcons can get 2, 100 yard rushers today.

i'll be coming back to this thread later because i'm in a very serious survivor league. i got the bears for this week so i'm set until week 3.

p.s. i only hope that the niners are competitive against the rams. they had our number since the kurt warner days.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:52 am
drfrank wrote:michael vick is doing his thing right now. the falcons can get 2, 100 yard rushers today.

And Chris-F*cking-Simms is helping the Falcons any way he can :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:18 pm
drfrank wrote:michael vick is doing his thing right now. the falcons can get 2, 100 yard rushers today.

Sh*t, the Falcons got over 300 yards rushing on us today... and Simms is 0 TD 6 INTS for the season.

After looking at our schedule, we have a chance to go 0-16 all the way. :headbang:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:53 pm
hahah, thats harsh man. simms will pick it up.

at least you're not a raiders fan......
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:59 pm
drfrank wrote:p.s. i only hope that the niners are competitive against the rams. they had our number since the kurt warner days.

They looked pretty good against the Rams today.

Alex Smith, Antonio Bryant, Frank Gore, Manny Lawson, and Walt Harris are all looking better every game.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:33 pm
i learned after the game, that mike nolan is 3-0 against st. louis....

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Hall of Famer
Poster Credit: 51
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:27 pm
Nolan is a G. I seriously love that guy. The shots Barlow took at him made me like him even more.

"Waaaah, he made us work! He's like Hitler! It's his way or the highway!"

HELL YEAH IT IS, BITCH. That's the way a coach SHOULD be!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS DIE HARD
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 0
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:44 pm
Yeeeee, Niners won. Beat the Rams, yeeeee.....
Raiders lost miserably again but put up 2 field goals....wow....
And let me tell you, Atlanta keeps on rolling. That offseason really helped them. Millroy, Abraham, Lelie(preseason). They did well.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 9:25 pm
i'm really considering picking the eagles this week for my survivor league....

i know they're playing the niners, but mcnabb as been playing great.

do you guys have any other suggestions?

p.s. nolan is a COACH. dennis erickson was such a pushover, no one respected his ass. i'm blad nolan got rid of scrubs/mistakes. like rashaun woods and mike rumph.
Franchise Player
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 11:38 pm
drfrank wrote:i'm really considering picking the eagles this week for my survivor league....

p.s. nolan is a COACH. dennis erickson was such a pushover, no one respected his ass. i'm blad nolan got rid of scrubs/mistakes. like rashaun woods and mike rumph.

I say the Jets. They played very well against the Pats putting up a fight. I mean I know they're going in to face Buffalo who also did the same but Pennington has been on fire since returning. Chad to Coles. That's something you'll hear a lot this season.

Nolan is the real deal. I praise the moves he's made and the motivation he's brought since joining. Mike Nolan is a gangsta.
Don't hate yourself in the morning... sleep 'til noon.
Hall of Famer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 2:50 am
drfrank wrote:i'm really considering picking the eagles this week for my survivor league....

I'd go with the Ravens. Their defense is back to their 2000 form, and their offense, with McNair, is clicking (a bit, which is more that can be said about the Boller era). Plus, they play the Browns...

Nolan reminds me a lot of a young Tom Coughling. And that's a great coach to have. Also, Frank Gore seems like the real deal. It was about time you got rid of Barlow. Now Gore can be the man.
Franchise Player
Poster Credit: 31
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:28 am
only reason the 49'ers are plaYIN good is norv turner ( great X and O kind of guy )

Raiders should have kept him. made Shell the head coach. Norv the O-co and let Walsh continue running his bread and breakfast.

Role Player
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:03 pm
O.G pawnograffiti wrote:only reason the 49'ers are plaYIN good is norv turner ( great X and O kind of guy )

Raiders should have kept him. made Shell the head coach. Norv the O-co and let Walsh continue running his bread and breakfast.

that's great sign then. my niners will hopefully develop under ol norv, it's showing though. gore is the real deal. what a game against the rams and cards. bryant will hopefully tone down his attitude since he was pretty pissed off with smith's off target throws. and smith has played very consistently the past two games. this philly game will truely put him to the test. better d-line, better Lb's, better db's, better all around defense than the other d's the niners have played.

that's what i thought. if norv couldnt do it as the head, which he has never done really, then demote him, bring in shell, and keep walsh running the rest. norv couldve really did something with walter.
Next

Return to Sports Board